Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Favourite altar/shrine object Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:35 am
What's your favourite individual piece on your shrine or altar? What is it about this piece that you like so much? What does it signify?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:45 am
A chunk of blue obsidian that my mom gave me. To me it is a family heirloom that I place a lot of value in because it was a gift from my mom and it's gorgeous.

It was original an object of worship back during my delusional days having much significance to my thought-forms. Now it signify the more peaceful days my mom had before her illnesses began to take her over, my start into spirituality, and something calming and relaxing to look at and touch.

On an interesting note, this was the center piece in my meditation when I was called to Gnosticism.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:48 am
Sounds like an important piece to your spiritual journey! Are you an animist at all when it comes to stones and so on?

Myself... Hmm. I'm very fond of my odd hammer and my bird wing, but I think my favourite piece is the black ribbon I used four Samhains ago in a ritual to bind myself to my path.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:30 am
Give me time, I will be clear...

I personally cannot choose. I would either say my owl and crow feathers, but I REALLY like ALL of my stones and crystals.

My Spirit Animal is Crow; My Guide. I'm connected to them a lot. Not because of Death. >.>

I do lots of energy work with the help of crystals and stones, too. I have Scott Cunningham's book of Metal Magick. razz

Given time, you'll understand...  

violentraine

IRL Bloodsucker

7,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200

surukio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:53 am
on my ancestorial altar its my 3 raven head,[one of my main totems] my cats urn, the coyotes skull[my other main totem], and my grand parents wedding bands, and the HUGE chunk of labradorite [mind you there alot more up there as i've maintinged that altar a VERY long time]

for my other, it has to be the Veve and the portaits of the saints, and some of the jewelry offerings I've given them  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:02 pm
I have a crystal wolf thats my favorite. It symbolizes my totem but its my favorite cuz its shiney. ^^ lol I know, not as intelectual a reason as most others but, hey. atleast Im being honest here. Its pretty beautyful and was a gift from my friend. *shrugs*  

Miharu Starfang

Skilled Magician

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:06 pm
Miharu Starfang
I have a crystal wolf thats my favorite. It symbolizes my totem but its my favorite cuz its shiney. ^^ lol I know, not as intelectual a reason as most others but, hey. atleast Im being honest here. Its pretty beautyful and was a gift from my friend. *shrugs*

I love your honesty! It's as good a reason as any other ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:21 pm
surukio
on my ancestorial altar its my 3 raven head,[one of my main totems] my cats urn, the coyotes skull[my other main totem], and my grand parents wedding bands, and the HUGE chunk of labradorite [mind you there alot more up there as i've maintinged that altar a VERY long time]

for my other, it has to be the Veve and the portaits of the saints, and some of the jewelry offerings I've given them

Nooo, you have to pick one wink It's hard but that's part of the fun!  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

surukio

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:19 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
surukio

Nooo, you have to pick one wink It's hard but that's part of the fun!

one from each shrine? [i have 2]

hmm that is tougth lol  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:36 pm
surukio
one from each shrine? [i have 2]

hmm that is tougth lol

Sure, one from each shrine 3nodding

I like that people are answering ^_^ I'm gonna go through a couple of my books for ideas for more discussions.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:22 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
Sounds like an important piece to your spiritual journey! Are you an animist at all when it comes to stones and so on?
I used to be but now I don't think so. I believe spiritual beings and creatures can inhabit objects and stones but for them to have "personal soul/spirit" I have my skepticism regarding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:58 pm
Can I pick one item from each altar? Cause I have quite a few...four or five, if I counted correctly.
XD

Artistic Genocide

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:06 pm
Robbie: Ah, okay 3nodding

Gen: Weeeelll...... okay xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:30 pm
schweet!
Okay so... Let's get started.

My altars are rather... simply, compared to some I've seen.

My Artemis altar: the skunk skull that was one of my offerings to her.

Hermes altar: The decorative tin that holds my coin offerings to him as the god of luck.

My Agathos Daimon altar: the snake representation I made for it in art class.

My altar to the twelve Olympian gods: The flower pot that the altar is in. heart

My Hestia altar: The candle that represents her as the keeper of the eternal flame.

Dang. I have a lot of altars.
xd

Artistic Genocide

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:44 pm
You really do xd I just have the one!  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games