Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Bible Thumpers at Anime Conventions? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cariella

Questionable Shopper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:37 pm
I am a Fanime go-er too. o3o

Last year was my first year, and I just ignored them, but I really wish the staff would do something about it, because it's annoying as hell.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:54 pm
User ImageUser Image
-----
At least Westboro hasn't done anything yet. Those crazy bastards would go to numerous conventions.

amanogawatea

Gianali

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:50 pm
Lol, Fanime. Those guys actually didn't bother me that much. If you stayed back at a distance they were actually kinda fun to observe.

My friend actually brought a "BURN THE HERETICS" sign to go with her cosplay, but the religious nuts were gone by the time she worre it. It's too bad, because she was going to stand with them and recite a speech about the evils of heresy and such. Maybe next year.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:54 pm
XxXSinister WhispersXxX
User ImageUser Image
-----
At least Westboro hasn't done anything yet. Those crazy bastards would go to numerous conventions.

Yeah, but did you see how badly they got pwned at Comic Con?  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Myopsida

Demonic Dabbler

9,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:45 pm
I've never seen them at cons but there was one at the Zombie March in Boston a few months back. It was rather amusing to everyone, even the bystanders. I guess the guy thought we were demons or something.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:35 pm
Tell them you're a satanist and scream at them about how they're disobeying the devil. (satanists don't worship the devil though)  

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:04 pm
I think its ok for some1 to be proud of they're religion and want to share it with others, what is not ok is to yell at those other people, judge them and tell them they are going to hell. Their is a way to do everything they are going on about it all wrong, would it not seem more easier and less of a commotion to walk up to a person and ask them what they think of a certain topic? rather than to attack a whole lot of people?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:29 pm
I'm so ashamed that those two guys deiced to ruin your guys group pic and as a christain myself I'm embarssed that grown men who claim to be followers of god are using him and twisting things around so it benfits them is not okay and other than those two idiots I hope you had a wonderful time at con and I would of posted in here along time ago but I didn't see it till now :3  

Alice Allusion

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200

devouri2

Friendly Hunter

6,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:38 pm
OhNoesItsMiho
Lol, I'm a Christian and seeing that pissed me off! XD Those preachers are giving us a bad name! I've never experienced that before at a con, though. Wow, I'm sorry they ruined your photo shoot >_<
this, these are my exact feelings as well  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:21 pm
I have been to Pride Fests that were for the Gay, Lesbian community. Bible thumpers were their. I'm not Gay myself but I thought that it was their constitutional rights of the festival goers to do what they wanted as long as it was peaceful. I happen to be Catholic and people say how can you go to a Cosplay / Anime Convention. I say each to their own. I have a lot of fun Cosplaying at the cons and I would be really upset to see Bible Thumpers trying to upset things. Fortunately I have not experienced them at a convention. I feel for the people that have.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

jillythefoo

Business Conventioneer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:25 am
I say that's a good reason to call staff security to get them out of there.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff