Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Videogame cosplay

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

0sako

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:58 am

(Sorry if this is on the wrong place...)

Recently I found an amazing character to cosplay from a videogame which I've never played. Like her from Otomerenshin Prister, sadly a hentai game..

Does it sound funny to cosplay a character from a game even though you've never played it but seen pictures of it?
And actually you've never seen a cosplays of it before.. It's such a shame that no-one haven't cosplayed them because their costumes are just so beautiful.

I always thought it's silly but I just totally fell in love to that costume and character.

Same problem with hentai games.. Sadly in almost every hentai game there is amazing costumes but the word hentai and game scares away.. Isn't it kinda weird that you'll cosplay an amazing character from a hentai game?

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:51 am
It's not weird or funny. You should do it.

But look up some info on the game so you don't seem oblivious if your asked where your from or if you meet someone who knows the game  

bloodysword4

Newbie Elder

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:42 pm
Its not weird. Just learn a few things about the game. Maybe the word hentai might give some ppl a weird impression of u, but who cares. Just do what u like.  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:50 am

Thought so..
I just had to be sure..
Since I'm underage and hentai is for over 18, I had to ask for few people is it alright.

But thanks for your advices :').

0sako

Shapeshifter

PandaTeddy

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:20 am
It's not weird at all. I like cosplaying from Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy even though I've never played the games myself, but I'm in love with the character designs - they're just too cool-looking not to cosplay. X3

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:42 pm
0sako
Does it sound funny to cosplay a character from a game even though you've never played it but seen pictures of it?
---
Same problem with hentai games.. Sadly in almost every hentai game there is amazing costumes but the word hentai and game scares away.. Isn't it kinda weird that you'll cosplay an amazing character from a hentai game?

As far as the first one goes, I dun think it sounds funny. I found a character from some Japanese anime once that I really wanted to cosplay because her costume looked easy to do, yet there was such intricacy to it... Haven't found that picture since. :/

As for the hentai thing, I agree! There's always awesome costumes! I found art for a game called The Palladium Inside of You and fell in love with the character designs...didn't even know it was an H game until I went to look for more characters and found info. -_-;
I suppose that if you're cosplaying a chara from one of those though, and anyone knows the character well, you might get a few raised eyebrows huh...  

chobits_chii123

MAGNUM777

Shameless Citizen

7,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:21 pm
What's strange is when you find out that you're character is from an H-game

EDIT: NVM, it's already been said  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:33 am

Chii, My friend just asked that isn't it like wannabe cosplaying. I didn't know what to answer. Well okay, you've never played that game or anything.. But the character's design is just too awesome to ignore.

Awwh.. Well then I should explain it to the whole world and carry a sign "hentai characters are awesome, but the hentai is pointless" .

Magnum, Like I said, I'm underage.. Hentai is still for over 18.. :'D.

0sako

Shapeshifter

Daggerhime

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:26 am
I don't think it is.
Especially not if you put a little bit more effort into researching the character (finding pics, reading the bio, etc).
Then again, its from a hentai so most people who do recognize you won't care anyways.
If you put effort into the cosplay and it shows, people will respect that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:05 pm
You should cosplay whatever you feel like cosplaying. It doesnt matter if it's from an H game or not. I've seen plenty of bible black cosplayers and thats a hentai itself. Also I've seen some hentai game clips where the characters looked amazing.

I mostly cosplay video game characters myself so I am never opposed to seeing other people do it.

User_1017918

l krysta l

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:43 pm
You shouldn't feel shameful at all. I have seen some very cute costumes from Video Games and Hentai series as well. There is nothing wrong with cosplaying a costume/character you like. Its just one of the more ways to express yourself.

I myself plan on cosplaying a video game character as well. C: So you should go for it

Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games