Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Anti Western Cosplayers? Wtf?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tokkitoria

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:21 am
paulaterra
Aurora Sonata
Godess The Hyper Fangirl
We came to the conclusion that there are hot asians and average asians, but no ugly asians.

I really hope you are joking. =.=''

How old are you, GTHF?
Because there are some UGLY ASIANS OUT THERE.
We were kidding, no need to insult me here. And even if we weren't it's still not cool. I don't want to sound rude, so if I came off that way I'm sorry.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:42 am
Whoever made that little site is just flippin' ridiculous. ANYONE can cosplay. If anime was just for asians, why in the hell would they bother exporting it to America or any other country for that matter? Anime is for EVERYONE. WE aren't racist, HE is. A good cosplay is a good cosplay,no matter who the person is under the costume. That guy is just ignorant and an idiot.  

Miss Chi Marie

6,500 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

Usagi-Bunnyofmoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:31 pm
So they assume that all americans look the same?, there are plenty of asian/americans, and hispanic/americans, and african/americans. Or even people like me who are for the most part german, and don't really know what the rest of them is made of due to adoption, lol. And of course, I fall into that wonderful "Overweight" category, but hey at least I make sure nothing icky is showing when I wear my costumes. And isn't cosplay for fun and art. And last time I checked, attitude counted as atleast half the costume. Oh, and are they forgetting, they have to constantly buy contacts to pull of most characters, Like Usagi Tsukino from Sailor Moon for instance. I did watch the video and the fact that they are saying Anime characters are asian makes no sense, last I checked, most asians have either brown or black eyes, while lots of anime characters have Blue or Green, or actually most of them do. I'm in no way bad mouthing Asian cosplayers, I think they're adorable, but I've also seen some horrendous ones, not every asian is perfect, and that PAK guy is kidding himself if he thinks they are. I have two half Korean cousins, and both of them tower over me in weight and height, so that blows away his small build idea, since I'm american and only 4'11".  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff