Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Anti Western Cosplayers? Wtf?? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SaltyCheerio

Witty Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:36 am
I found a site on youtube for Asian people who hate westerners Cosplaying. I was like,"Wtf?" at first. They were stating that cosplayers in western countries are racist for cosplaying. I don't agree with this considering people are just dressing up to have fun. (By the way, I am not Asian, I am from the USA)

Anyway, here's the site if you guys are interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/VeryProudAsian  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:00 pm
If memory serves me correctly, that was made by a troll who used those videos on the Cosplay & Conventions forum.

The name's really familiar, anyway.

[sarcastic innocence]

hushed-oddity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:04 pm
User Image"Now, lets see what's wrong. ♥"
Ahhhh, I see you've found PAK.... A.k.a. Proud Asian Kid.
He usually comes on gaia every now and then to rant about his beliefs. But don't worry. He's just full of bull s**t.
And he goes on other anime sites too, so it's not just youtube and gaia. : /
But yeah, don't let him get to you. He's not even asian himself.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:10 pm
This is absolutely disgusting. I dont understand why they are doing this. When did white ppl say that asians cant cosplay? this that person make all this crap up? I also read some of the comments. And people are ACTUALLY ok with it! lik wtf This ******** is making westerners hate asians. On youtube some ppl are making crappy asian cosplays vids to attack proud asian. Making that kind of stuff wont change anything  

traffic in the sky

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:38 pm
Ignore those. Nothing good comes out of them and it only makes people racist. Cosplay is for fun and not for only one ethnicity. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:01 pm
*facepalm*
I agree with Veretix, but its kind of annoying when PAK keeps mentioning "OUR Anime." Anime is for everyone >_<

lilith_loituma

Mirialiah

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:19 pm
Stuff like that makes me laugh most of the time. It's so ridiculous contraditing to what they're trying to say. (By calling us racist and saying they're better, THEY'RE being racist.)

But then I get sad sometimes because I realize that there probably really are people that think that way.

Even if the person's a troll and just doing it to get people mad, SOMEONE came up with the idea. xO  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:28 pm
Mirialiah
Stuff like that makes me laugh most of the time. It's so ridiculous contraditing to what they're trying to say. (By calling us racist and saying they're better, THEY'RE being racist.)

Totally agree with that. But yeah I remember coming across it before.
Truthfully it is just diging up the good Asian cosplayers with good photography and photoshop and putting them against the bad to medium Caucasian ones with no photoshop and mediocre photography. he can find. Totally a fair fight rolleyes

It is just a troll. Just ignore it, give it no food and all is well.  

Storm17

Tipsy Hoarder

Naveh

700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:35 pm
Storm17
Mirialiah

Totally agree with that. But yeah I remember coming across it before.
Truthfully it is just diging you the good Asian cosplayers with good photography and photoshop and putting them against the bad to medium Caucasian ones with no photoshop and mediocre photography. he can find. Totally a fair fight rolleyes

It is just a troll. Just ignore it, give it no food and all is well.

I saw that, then I saw other users put up vids with good looking cosplayers that were western so that guy (PAK) so that guy doesn't bother me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:25 pm
Meh. i just ignore it. it's like the idiots that say the only true "Mangaka" are Japanese. "Mangaka" translates to Cartoonist for those who don't know, but is used mainly for Manga artists. To each their own opinion. No matter how F-ing stupid it is.  

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

Ralyle

Shirtless Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:27 pm
God! That pisses me off! If Aamerica is racist why do we accept legal border crossers of any race into our country and allow them to make the best that they can in life. Not to mention, isn't it Asian characters we are coplaying? (Excuse me while I rant some more! I am very mad at this!) God! Racist people piss me off! Why can't this world realise, that if we go back about 6 generations, you are related to just about everyone in you classrooms. And if we go all the way back, we are all related! Just being a different "race" gives you no right to be racist! And there is only one "race" and that is humankind. Am I right?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:40 pm
Dannichigo
God! That pisses me off! If Aamerica is racist why do we accept legal border crossers of any race into our country and allow them to make the best that they can in life. Not to mention, isn't it Asian characters we are coplaying? (Excuse me while I rant some more! I am very mad at this!) God! Racist people piss me off! Why can't this world realise, that if we go back about 6 generations, you are related to just about everyone in you classrooms. And if we go all the way back, we are all related! Just being a different "race" gives you no right to be racist! And there is only one "race" and that is humankind. Am I right?
Yes you are right and make a great point smile  

SaltyCheerio

Witty Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:12 pm
Technicaly speaking we are all African :p  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:54 pm
(I have not seen the video yet, but I read all the comments)
I am Mexican, so if I want 2 find a character that I can cosplay well I am very limited (because of the color of my skin). That still has not stopped me from cosplaying (apparently I make a good mexican Light and Ryuho). I am used 2 hearing racist comments about Mexicans everywhere. So finding some1 that thinks only Asians should cosplay is not a surprise 2 me. I really don't though I do what I feel like doing. Besides there are cosplay that look super awesome with depending on ur skin color such as Tousen from Bleach, K' from KOF. So we should appreciate our own race as well as others. We are all just different colors in a big box of crayons and we should work 2gether 2 make a great drawing called earth.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Ralyle

Shirtless Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:08 pm
Yoruichi looks good with dark skin as well. I hvae some pics of a dark skinned girl cosplaying her. She was absolutely amazing and everyone wanted pics of her including my Asian friend Patrick! XD  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff