Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Double Cosplay Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:59 pm
This happened to me when I cosplayed Edward Elric back in 2006... only there wasn't just one other Edward, there were like 15. I should post the image of the massive FMA photoshoot with all the Eds and FMA characters. I've never harped on another cosplayer for dressing as the same character as me, it's happened to me a couple of times. The reason? I can't sew worth beans, so usually the other cosplayer looks better than I do. Luckily though, the people I run into don't harp on me either, I've met really kind cosplayers and they are usually just happy to see that someone else loves the character. With my Ed cosplay though, I bought the costume and was a model for the website, so I was actually handing out business cards. I was surprised that some of the other Edward cosplayers at the convention took a couple from me and said they might order a costume from the site themselves.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:06 pm
I see alot of Misas and Rikus running around and I generally call all of the Rikus replicas and we get into fun little arguments about it (Although we aren't really arguing so it's fun) and if I see another Misa we gush of Light Yagami together. smile  

MisaMaiValentine

7,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200

Alucardalina

Friendly Vampire

10,200 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:17 am
I try to do characters that I know people haven't done very much of at all in the entire US.
However, if I saw someone who was dressed as the same character, I'd be surprised, continue on my merry way, and convince myself that mine is totally better. =3
It may sound mean, but if I approach someone, my voice has a habit of making me sound cosplay snobbish. A lot of people deemed me cosplay snobbish last year too. x.x Only because they'd talk to me and I couldn't hear them because my character required me to wear headphones.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:53 am
I went as mew Ichigo to a convention recently and I thought no one else would go as her but there was two other people there in the same exact costume  

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Spartan1024

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:56 pm
I went as Vera Misham to the recent con. On Friday, everything was fine and dandy until this girl comes up to me, "Umm....Will you be wearing that costume all weekend?" I replied, "Today and Sunday, why?" Then she turns to her friend, "Oh, because, that is going to be her costume on Sunday..."
Really? I just looked at them. I couldn't say anything. Seriously, what was I supposed to say, "Oh sorry, I didn't realize all the effort you put into this character." Still, to this day, I have no words.

I was kind of iffed by this, but I let it go and came Sunday I was Vera again. I hadn't seen her all day, until we got to the Ace Attorney photoshoot. I swear to God, when I got there, she immediately stopped what she was doign and tried to stay as in-character as possible, making absolutely NO eye-contact with me. We were taking a group shot, and we were all standing in a line so someone suggested that the two Veras go on the floor. I went, but she took a bit longer to persuade.

That experience actually took a bit of the thrill of the con away. I know one thing, I wasn't there when Capcom made Vera Misham, and I'm pretty sure she wasn't there, either. So why was it such a big deal that we were cosplaying as the same character? In all honesty, I would have gone to talk to her, but she apparantly did not want that. At. All.

In better news, I was also Belphegor and I made friends with the other Belphegor there. Because it was okay to be the same character with her. < 333 3nodding
TLDR:
There were two Vera Mishams at Otakuthon and the other one didn't like that. I felt rejected. ; A ;

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:17 pm
K master of flames
I have yet 2 see any1 cosplay the same characters I cosplay and I probably won't find 1 wearing the same cosplay at the same time as me.
My current cosplays
Ryuho from S-cry-ed (don't wear it anymore, because I want 2 change it 2 its final form)
Absol from Pokemon (its just a sweater with a horn and tail that I can wear outside of cons)
Absol Ginjika (new cosplay)

Deciding between making these Kazuki victor 3(Busuo Renkin), Bomberman, Ashura (Soul Eater)

Ryuho!!! XD I love S-Cry-Ed smile

I have only once ran into a double (as Captain Unohana) and I don't remember much about it... I think she commented on me having the right hair for it. I dunno. But she was nice about it smile

I once went to a Bleach photoshoot where there were FOUR AIZENS. It was awesome. They all started arguing over which one of them was God XD. And then, when we were taking squad 5 pictures, they all posed together. It made an awesome picture because 2 were glasses Aizen and 2 were evil Aizen, and they posed with the evil Aizens pretending to hold the glasses Aizens by their collars (like in the anime when he reveals his "body" is really his sword?) and the 2 Momos that were there posing with them as well XD.

I doubt I'll run into any doubles with the costume I'm currently working on. It's from a Korean manga that was released in the US but isn't very popular as far as I can tell. The costume is actually not THAT detailed, but the main parts are difficult enough that I doubt anyone would try it (except for my crazy self, of course sweatdrop ). It involves sculpting the hands and feet because they don't exactly look human, wearing a blindfold, finding a way to "sew" your lips shut, and sculpting these spiked wing-like formations... I doubt anyone else but me is making this. Ever. XD  

jyrotika

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:24 am
I cosplayed China at Tora-Con, and got hugged by a little girl who was also cosplaying China. She was cosplaying him, in his regular outfit, and I was in the military outfit. I found it cute when she said "Hi older me." Seeing younger versions of your character is always fun ^.^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:13 am
At otakon i cosplayed as mao from code geass, i figured i'd be the only one. But i ended up finding one. We took pics and stuff together. She didn't have the headpiece... But anyways long story short while my girl and i were looking for any photos of us online, we eventually found the other mao on deviant art, and that skank didn't put any of the pics of us together up!  

Doom27

Raya Kioma

Trash Witch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:34 pm
I'm scared.
This year, the zomgawesome cosplayers that show up at my con every year are all doing Chrono Crusade cosplays.

..so are my friend and I.
I'm Rosette, shes Chrono.
The most crazyawesome of the crazyawesome people is ALSO Rosette.

I'm so scared.
I don't even know if I should bother finishing my costume. ;-;  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:28 pm
Raya Kioma
I'm scared.
This year, the zomgawesome cosplayers that show up at my con every year are all doing Chrono Crusade cosplays.

..so are my friend and I.
I'm Rosette, shes Chrono.
The most crazyawesome of the crazyawesome people is ALSO Rosette.

I'm so scared.
I don't even know if I should bother finishing my costume. ;-;

I say go ahead. Cosplay is meant to be for fun, && I don't think they would be all snobby about it. Though, I can say I know what it feels like. .__. I was rejected by a cosplayer just because we were the same character, and it kind of took away from the thrill of the con for me. Double cosplay has never really bothered me, it's the other person's reaction. But, I noticed how much time && energy she spent on trying to make us stay as far away from each other as possible. I worried so much, but in the end it was her who lost out, you hear?
So, I know it may be a little nerve-racking, but whether they act friendly or mean around you, just remember that this is for fun. You did your best && that's all that counts. 3nodding

Spartan1024

dragonacid16

31,875 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:00 am
Mine are usually very bazaar or along those lines of a lot of people do it but they are all unique in their own way (Gourry Jelly and Lolita - though mine was a deconstructed kimono lolita),,, but it did happen to me one. I was dressed as Ryuichi when he was dressed as kumagoro and saw another person dressed that way... They didn't have the feet or gloves which kinda made me sad. But I was actually rushing to get somewhere else so didn't stop or anything.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:43 pm
User Image
the fabulous pokémon trainer

┌────♥────┐
Šїlυεŗ

I take pictures with them smile More the merrier!

└─────────┘

User Image
my b***h.

Sylvia Griffin

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

tokkitoria

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:48 pm
At Anime North my friend, who was L, met another L. The other L wanted a picture and so our L wanted one, too. So they both held their cell phones like L...taking a picture of themselves. It was hilarious and I hope I explained that well xD  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:50 pm
Thats happened to me every con year, and honestly I don't really care. xD It makes photo shoots more fun and easier. I haven't had any bash me before, but I've had other people bash me. xp You just learn to shrug it off.  

MAWsicle

Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces