Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Double Cosplay Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sith Faced

Spacey Nymph

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:01 pm
I was actually sad that on Saturday at my convention there weren't any other Shannon's xD;
If only for the fact that there isn't enough love for Umineko.
That being said, I also tend to cosplay more minor characters that don't get enough appreciation, so that would explain why.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:34 am
Had it twice when I did Seras and Belldandy a few years back. Never spoke to the other Seras but I knew she was at the same con. The other Bell was a lovely committee member at the con and we got chatting for a little while as she thought mine was better than hers and wanted tips to improve hers. It was really nice as it was my first time making my costumes from scratch so I was shocked someone on the committee was asking me for tip! ^^

Tbh I never really saw it as a big deal and never actively hunted people down for photos with them and would be a bit creeped out if someone did it to me really. I admit I'll probably compare theirs to mine in my head but that's because it's a great way to see what you've done well and what you can improve on. I would never openly crit someone at a con if I thought they'd not done something well unless they were actually asking for ways to improve.
There's no point in getting moody if someone is better than you and just seems a bit childish really. Someone I know was planning on doing the same costume as me at a con this year and got really defensive about it claiming that we can't do it on the same day or it'll cause drama. Tbh I really don't care what they do or whether its on the same day as I'll be with a different group of people and found it a bit silly really. ><

Nowadays I rarely get anyone doing the same costume as me as I mostly pick stuff that has never been done in the country before either because it's too old or obscure or too challenging for a good amount of people to do.
I never do mainstream stuff mostly because it's far too plain and also because I do like to stand out a bit from what everyone else is doing. It's really nice being the first to do a cosplay, I've gotten some lovely comments from some people who never thought they'd see certain characters done. It's also a great way to stand out in competitions too as it's something the judges have never seen done before!  

Sephiroths samurai girl

Ennichi_Jimetsu
Crew

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:05 pm
I don't know about other people but whenever I meet a double cosplay like that I always take clone pictures with them xD I think its fun to find people like that. And the person (or people lol) always seems to have fun when I do that with them too. Then again I guess for all I know they're thinking bad tihngs about me and my cosplay ._. I certainly hope not though c:  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:55 pm
I've never had a problem with people cosplaying the same characters as me-- Usually I chat it up and/or take pics with them, but sometimes I get the arseholes who think they look better than me (and they're usually wrong, not to sound conceited or anything
This last AB though, my friends went to a Katekyo Hitman Reborn panel in their cosplays and what not. I was cosplaying Lambo earlier (a character from the show) but didn't go to the panel because I was at the rave. I get back to the room to find out that one of my friends saw a Lambo cosplayer there, walked up to them, and said "My Lambo is better than you!!!"
I was flattered, but slightly embarrassed xD

salsaplant

GO

puffinseatmuffins

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:37 pm
yea that's happened more than once to me....

i did my first cosplay as Misa Misa (from deathnote) and
meet like..... 4 others. we all called each other misa and
it was fun to be in character. but still kinda weird.
I was the only one who actually bought the wig and styled
it and matched her outfit to the manga.

and then I cosplayed rukia once but didn't technically see
another me because I was 'prisoner rukia'. yea.......

its kinda stupid to see another you because the don't want to
acknowledge you. dumb  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:00 am
puffinseatmuffins
its kinda stupid to see another you because they don't want to acknowledge you. dumb

Agreed, I hate when people who cosplay the same character as you look at you, then avoid acknowledging your presence-- It's like dude, you're not that important and you're not that amazing of a cosplayer that all others should be voided.

I always comment on people cosplaying the same character as I do, or at least point to them and smile when we cross paths.

salsaplant

GO

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:09 pm
I have yet 2 see any1 cosplay the same characters I cosplay and I probably won't find 1 wearing the same cosplay at the same time as me.
My current cosplays
Ryuho from S-cry-ed (don't wear it anymore, because I want 2 change it 2 its final form)
Absol from Pokemon (its just a sweater with a horn and tail that I can wear outside of cons)
Absol Ginjika (new cosplay)

Deciding between making these Kazuki victor 3(Busuo Renkin), Bomberman, Ashura (Soul Eater)  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:05 am
Dilly Dally.
Sometimes, you can't help but compare yourself to the other cosplayer and check whether who has the better costume.
I don't have a problem with seeing people who're wearing the same costume as I am.
I mean, cosplaying's a hobby. It should be enjoyed by everyone!
I've met people who had the same costume as I am who bashed me and stared at me as if I had a disease.
T 3 T;
Some cosplayers are such elitists. Bahah. > A >;

Shilly shally.

Tsunji

sakurayoshema

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:24 am
I don't try to cosplay popular characters. There is too much to compare of who did what and who looks better...Cause I would hate and feel bad about the one who looks pretty bad. But yet I know they try there hardest to look their best. v__V there i said it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:24 am
That happens to me sometimes , But I just smile and say Hi.

Usually when theres Gatherings theres tons of people Dress as the same Character. ( well some But alot )  

Sachi Kitsune

Spartan1024

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 1:16 pm
Usually I'm shy so I don't go up to many people. Last year, though, I was going to a Soul Eater photo shoot as Maka and there were three other Maka's. It really wasn't that bad. We were asking each other how we made certain things and we talked. Then the photo shoot was over and we went our separate ways...  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 4:39 pm
I haven't really done much cosplaying yet, but at Toracon 2010, there were two Links waiting in line, far apart from each other. The one in the front got word of the one in the back, came up to him, and said "I gotta give it up to you, my friend, your costume is much better than mine ^_^" Or something like that. It's nice when there are people like that around ^_^  

hirochan28

5,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cariella

Questionable Shopper

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:08 pm
Chrysanthemum Valentine
Dilly Dally.
Sometimes, you can't help but compare yourself to the other cosplayer and check whether who has the better costume.
I don't have a problem with seeing people who're wearing the same costume as I am.
I mean, cosplaying's a hobby. It should be enjoyed by everyone!
I've met people who had the same costume as I am who bashed me and stared at me as if I had a disease.
T 3 T;
Some cosplayers are such elitists. Bahah. > A >;

Shilly shally.

Awww. D: That's terrible.
In both encounters I've had with alike costumes, the others were kinda awkward. I felt bad. ._.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:21 am
That's only happened to me twice, both at AX 08, Day 1 I was L and saw a whole bunch of L's, some were cool and did the whole mirror thing, others were asshats and didn't aknowledge other ones, Day 3 I was Kisuke as Squad 12 Captain and went to the gathering and took a pic of current Kisuke, all of them were great people. People have told me they like it when "Double Cosplayers" are cool and all and the "elitists" can go suck an egg, simply put, treat similar cosplayers nicely and comment on theirs  

The Lone Wolf Jedi

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Alakana

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:08 pm
I was waiting to cross the street when my friend pokes my side and says, "Rhi...! Lookit!" She points across the street and I see a Len. Right there. Staring at me. I stare for a quick second, then wave. He mirrored me! I had a little spazz attack and waved faster... As did he... I was so embarassed when we passed each other on the street... I just looked down and went on walking... I felt so stupid...! xD

I kind of expected there to be another Len... But I guess it was kind of surreal to me to acctually SEE one~! x3  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff