Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Double Cosplay Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SaltyCheerio

Witty Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:50 pm
I'm just curious what cosplayers do when they encounter another cosplayer who is dressed as the same Character. Do they bash each other or claim themselves as a better cosplayer? Do they get along and just take pictures together?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:48 am
I haven't officially cosplayed anyone yet to any sort of social event. But if I saw someone cosplaying the same character I'd probably be like, OHAYYYYY and ask for their picture. And then I might attempt to start a conversation about whatever series our character is from and who the hottest guys are. XD  

Strawberry Skank

Pearlescent Priestess

Bashful Healer

18,200 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:38 am
I kinda smile and honestly try to avoid them because I feel my costume is inferior to theirs. I'm just like that, but it's not the best idea. That's only happened once, I usually don't cosplay as very popular characters and I don't go to many very large conventions.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:18 am
Glomp attack! xd

sweatdrop  

SsPie

Demon Horse Rider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:41 pm
this happend to me once though like a lot w/ my brother.. I was Sesshomaru one yr at a con and saw another one, I just smiled and like headed along..I'm really shy so.. However with my brother..eh he didn't do anything..he was Naruto one yr and there were other lil naruto's but yeah nothing happned (of course the other naruto's were soo much better than him XD)  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:44 pm
I have never had that happen 2 me. I try 2 cosplay from less known series or a series with a lot of characters. Or I try 2 cosplay a super well known character but hardly cosplayed because of the difficulty or because its old.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Sci-Fi Harry

Feral Dog

19,225 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:53 pm
That happened to me at the last convention I went to, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Now I'm actually pretty good friends with the other cosplayer and we talk almost everyday.

I guess it all depends on the person though.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:58 pm
Ah! That happened to me too, it really does depend on the person I think, but we just chatted and took pictures together. I think it depends also on the character you are. Like as Harley Quinn from Batman, we both had really bubbly personalities, so it was really easy to just give hugs and be nice haha! heart

Little Roo Girl

IRL Conventioneer

6,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

ghosteroni

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:40 pm
Here we go. the fun story:
"Hey, Hippo...*pokepoke* there's..."
"Hm? What?"
I turn around, and, right in front of me... the most AMAZING Kaito cosplay is standing before my eyes...staring deep into my soul.
"Holy sheet."
Was the only thing I muttered...really, the only thing I said that day.
Yeah. I was FRIGGIN' pissed off that someone else more amazing than I was right there.
"Uh...Hiiiii~poooo~! He wants to take a picture. Go on *pushpush*"
"Choco..."
I was reaally angry in the picture, despite the super awesome hug he recieved from me.
I glared back at him (I'm immature xD) and avoided him rest of the day.

Yeah....It's REALLY awkward to find someone dressed as the same character. It's like finding your long lost twin xD! I'm surprised we didn't go beat each other up..
But I'm sure those popular character cosplayers are expecting to have at least someone else dressed like them.
Lessons learned: Find one unique, and self control xD! A LOT of things might happen finding someone like you. Good OR bad. Totally at random.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:06 pm
I always find that if I encounter someone dressed as the same character, we chat about our costuemes...
Like when I was down at A-kon, I ran into someone also dressed as a TP Zelda. She had some pieces on her dress I really liked, so I asked her about how she made them, and her likewise... always find it's a good way to improve my craft :]  

Faeriefire

Healing Fairy

9,525 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Battle: Cleric 100

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:45 pm
I start to do the whole cartoon "mirror but not really" thing where I copy their movements, but most of the time they push me aside when I try this... v,v

So now I smile, walk on by, and start thinking of a new costume that I don't see at the conventions I go to >:3  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:58 pm
It depends on the person... I do popular characters and so there are a lot of duplicates... ^^' We had three Hetalia America's just in our hotel room. ^^ If there are a lot of the same character, they tend to ignore each other... if you do talk to someone who's the same characters as you... most people are nice, because it means you like the same character, but occasionally, some of the really good cosplayers are really snobby. I had some friends cosplaying KH (and they're very good), who approached a group they like at a con, and they actually pretended they couldn't hear them talking because they were "inferior to them and not worth their acknowledgment"... they called them out on it, and they spent the rest of the con being even nastier and leaving rooms when my friends walked in... But that's not the typical reaction. ^^  

Phoenix Form

Tipsy Friend

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Neveryoumind22Woot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:08 pm
Say hey there good lookin'. ;D xP  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:35 pm
Neveryoumind22Woot
Say hey there good lookin'. ;D xP

I wonder what would happen if I encountered another Roxas....  

Sadistic Rainbows

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Dressed Up 200

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:10 pm
so yeah I have been thinking of as many rarely done cosplays. I have gone 2 4 Cons so far but most of those cons are usually the same ppl at the other cons so I know most of there cosplays. The only cosplay doubles that I have seen are Light Yagamis (it was my 1st Con) but my other cosplays I have not seen any1 do at the same conventions or at least same day. So I am working on 2 cosplays (sorta, I tend 2 get lazy or 4getful) and completely changing a current 1.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff