Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply -------- Cosplayers
Do you cosplay in character? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How in character are you when you cosplay?
Not at all
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
I'm only in character for skits
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Sometimes, it's fun :D
67%
 67%  [ 90 ]
Character? I predict a 99% probability that I am L. :|
24%
 24%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 134

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:41 am
xXButterflied MemoriesXx
smithers456
xXButterflied MemoriesXx
It depends on the situation for me. with my friends if we are in the same series we will just for the fun of it. [like when i'm terra my friend who is my sabin, and my kefka will be in character with me.] Kefka will slink up behind me and wrap their arm around my shoulder/neck when people talk to me, and stare over my shoulder in a kefkaish manner. XD it's fun watching reactions

but i mostly do it for children. i was sitting down at comic con one year in my princess chibi usa [sailor moon] gown, pink version. talking to my pluto and this little girl came up. sat down on the dress since i had it flared out and asked me if i was a princess. so i went into the whole story of chibi's background as if i was chibi. she ran off to her mother going "mommy mommy! she's the moon princess!! and from the future!" it was very adorable

Hi Aurora, Since you know that I like the Sailor Moon series you have to post a photo of you Cosplaying princess chibi usa (If you have one). It's special being with the kids and seeing their eyes go wide and the big smiles. For obvious reasons I have to see that from a distance. I would Love to but as a rule I don't take photos of child cosplayers which is sad because I Love kids and I could easily be in character with them like you were. A special moment for both you and the little girl. I'm happy for you.

I have brought together cosplayers for a quick group shot before. Mostly Sailor Moon Cosplayers. One of the funny ones was that I was taking a photo of a Halo Group cosplay. I had to try a couple different angles because of the poor lighting. A couple of them wanted to walk away but I took them by surprise by acting like a drill Sargent and was barking orders like soldier fall in line and attention!!

haha. just for you when i was to the kid i was in this version of the dress X
I updated the dress with better fabric shortly after X

Thanks Aurora for sharing those two photos of you wearing your Cosplay outfit of Princess Chibi Usa. You made my day!! smile I liked the second photo the best. smile I enhanced it to get a better look at it. Great job on making the outfit I can see how the kids adored you. smile Ron  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:06 am
For me, i usually only like to cosplay characters who are like me anyway but i typically act in character as best i can, though its more difficult for me as i often not only cross cosplay but often do crossover cosplays as well so things get a little hazy lol. But typically thats the best part is acting as that character and being who you really are or want to be with not just the appearance but the personality too.  

Noire himesama

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:26 am
Noire himesama
For me, i usually only like to cosplay characters who are like me anyway but i typically act in character as best i can, though its more difficult for me as i often not only cross cosplay but often do crossover cosplays as well so things get a little hazy lol. But typically thats the best part is acting as that character and being who you really are or want to be with not just the appearance but the personality too.

Well said. smile I give anyone credit that can either crossplay or crossover cosplay. I have seen people who have done those and I'm amazed on what they can accomplish. I have a lot of fun cosplaying in character and being a cosplay photographer I can appreciate the effort that cosplayers do to be in character.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:06 am
smithers456
Noire himesama

Well said. smile I give anyone credit that can either crossplay or crossover cosplay. I have seen people who have done those and I'm amazed on what they can accomplish. I have a lot of fun cosplaying in character and being a cosplay photographer I can appreciate the effort that cosplayers do to be in character.

sense i'm ..new here, i'm not really familiar with anyone, what have you cosplayed before? and yeah, speaking of which i had noticed something mentioned on a different topic, is there a place for photos takin at conventions somewhere that i've passed over?  

Noire himesama

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:49 am
Noire himesama
smithers456
Noire himesama

sense i'm ..new here, i'm not really familiar with anyone, what have you cosplayed before? and yeah, speaking of which i had noticed something mentioned on a different topic, is there a place for photos takin at conventions somewhere that i've passed over?

If you haven't yet introduce yourself in the "Getting to Know You" Sub Forum. That's one way that you can meet Guild Members. In the Cosplayers Sub Forum you can check out posts and threads that other members have started about their cosplays and outfits. The Cosplay Help Sub Forum can be the place to start a thread and ask questions about an outfit or cosplay that you need help with.

Photos can be posted in a number of places. The Photos Sub Forum you can use for posting your personal Cosplay photos and certainly check out photos of other cosplayers. Also in the Convention Sub Forums you can start a thread about a specific convention that you have gone to and post photos from that con on that thread. The Convention Sub Forums are sorted by regions so check them out and start your convention thread in the right sub forum. The Photos sub forum can also be used to post general convention photos. Just start a thread and in addition to posting the photos you can tell everyone about the fun that you had at the con.

The Main Forum you start threads and can talk about your cosplay outfits and other general topics.

I hope that the above answers your questions. If you have any more questions don't hesitate to send me a message. Have fun posting your photos. smile

Btw I personally have cosplayed a Star Trek Science Officer, an original Dungeon and Dragons Cleric character, and my favorite Syaoran from the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles series. My Avi is based on that character. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:52 am
smithers456
Noire himesama
smithers456
Noire himesama

If you haven't yet introduce yourself in the "Getting to Know You" Sub Forum. That's one way that you can meet Guild Members. In the Cosplayers Sub Forum you can check out posts and threads that other members have started about their cosplays and outfits. The Cosplay Help Sub Forum can be the place to start a thread and ask questions about an outfit or cosplay that you need help with.

Photos can be posted in a number of places. The Photos Sub Forum you can use for posting your personal Cosplay photos and certainly check out photos of other cosplayers. Also in the Convention Sub Forums you can start a thread about a specific convention that you have gone to and post photos from that con on that thread. The Convention Sub Forums are sorted by regions so check them out and start your convention thread in the right sub forum. The Photos sub forum can also be used to post general convention photos. Just start a thread and in addition to posting the photos you can tell everyone about the fun that you had at the con.

The Main Forum you start threads and can talk about your cosplay outfits and other general topics.

I hope that the above answers your questions. If you have any more questions don't hesitate to send me a message. Have fun posting your photos. smile

Btw I personally have cosplayed a Star Trek Science Officer, an original Dungeon and Dragons Cleric character, and my favorite Syaoran from the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles series. My Avi is based on that character. smile

Alright thanks! i found it, aperently looking on desktop is a lot easier than mobile, and it looks nice i just dont know any of those you mentioned :/.  

Noire himesama

Jani Seguchi1

Married Vampire

11,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:37 am
There have been times when I have been in character while cosplaying. Other times I kinda just act myself. I find it hard to even be in character when I really don't have any cosplay outfits right now. Kinda have to buy some more.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:14 am
I cosplay in character sometimes depending on who I'm with. If I'm with close friends I'll cosplay in character with them, but even with random people at cons I get really shy so I don't. Too afraid to mess up or something in front of people ;u; haha. I wish I wasn't so shy.  

Ghost Girlfriend

Mewling Vampire

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:44 pm
Amethyst Wallflower
I cosplay in character sometimes depending on who I'm with. If I'm with close friends I'll cosplay in character with them, but even with random people at cons I get really shy so I don't. Too afraid to mess up or something in front of people ;u; haha. I wish I wasn't so shy.

Hi Amethyst,

I know what you mean about being shy being in character in front of other people. A few words of advice for you. If you are able to be a part of a group cosplay from the same series. Make sure you really know your character well before trying to cosplay in character. I have re watched the anime series that my character is from to make note of how they act and learn some of the common poses that they do. Being a Cosplay Photographer I appreciate the effort,

If you come across a character from the same series as your character chances are that they will be open to interacting in character. I often Cosplay Syaoran from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles and when I come across a Princess Sakura cosplayer I automatically go into character. My common reaction is "Princess Sakura I found you!" Then I give her a quick hug. Then I have a photo taken with her. Note: Don't give hugs unless the person is open to it.

Most important - you don't have to be in character unless you want to. Often I've found that conventions can be so magical that after a while your shyness goes away. That happened to me at my first con. Most cosplayers are friendly and accepting which I really like.

I hope that this advice helps you out.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:56 pm
smithers456
Amethyst Wallflower

Hi Amethyst,

I know what you mean about being shy being in character in front of other people. A few words of advice for you. If you are able to be a part of a group cosplay from the same series. Make sure you really know your character well before trying to cosplay in character. I have re watched the anime series that my character is from to make note of how they act and learn some of the common poses that they do. Being a Cosplay Photographer I appreciate the effort,

If you come across a character from the same series as your character chances are that they will be open to interacting in character. I often Cosplay Syaoran from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles and when I come across a Princess Sakura cosplayer I automatically go into character. My common reaction is "Princess Sakura I found you!" Then I give her a quick hug. Then I have a photo taken with her. Note: Don't give hugs unless the person is open to it.

Most important - you don't have to be in character unless you want to. Often I've found that conventions can be so magical that after a while your shyness goes away. That happened to me at my first con. Most cosplayers are friendly and accepting which I really like.

I hope that this advice helps you out.

Thank you this does help a lot! I'm actually joining a cosplay group for sgt. frog and I'm going to cosplay as a character I've been wanting to cosplay for so long. ^u^ I think I'll do good and make some new friends for sure  

Ghost Girlfriend

Mewling Vampire

-------- Cosplayers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas