Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Almost astral!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silfy_Steller

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:55 pm
So I'm quite excited at the moment. So I'll just jump right in and explain.

Last night not even 30 minutes after i'd fallen asleep, I felt something odd going on. I gained consiousness in a dream, but felt that it WASN'T a lucid dream. It was something more. My consciousness begane to shift from my dream self to my physical self and in this process I noticed something. I wasn't me, I was two (or 1 and a half) me's.

I was undoubtedly leaving my physical shell...sorta. I could tell my upper body was suspended and though I couldn't see I could tell my body was under me. I felt it. But the thing is I had no control to do anything. I guess I should have said aloud my orders rather than think them but I was still astral projecting.almost.

The thing is my lower body was still attached; as though I was doing a push up.

Which brings me to my point. I ALMOST ASTRAL PROJECTED!
This added with my premonitions I've been getting lately is giving me some wierd vibes (in a good way) I feel like I'm...waking up?

Discuss: your first experience with the astral.
Personally I felt an incredible sense of freedom, a feeling of power, true power. I just can't wait till the next time I get a taste of that sheer unrestrained energy.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:03 pm
I feel my experiences with astral projection are anti-climatic.
More than anything else, it altered my synesthesia.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

doistu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:11 am
I've never experienced astral projection and I'm not sure I would want to. I can't really understand what its benefits are.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:51 pm
doistu
I can't really understand what its benefits are.

I feel the most common benefits include providing a distinctly personal spiritual experience and providing a means to knowledge.

Some things are learned within the Astral realms that aren't learned here in the same way that some things are taught in Uni that aren't taught down the block at my neighbor's flat.  

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

BluMommy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:57 pm
I have been trying to do astral projection myself for a few weeks hopefully one day i can be able tp project sooner or later :]  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:23 pm
Brass Bell Doll
doistu
I can't really understand what its benefits are.

I feel the most common benefits include providing a distinctly personal spiritual experience and providing a means to knowledge.

Some things are learned within the Astral realms that aren't learned here in the same way that some things are taught in Uni that aren't taught down the block at my neighbor's flat.

Forgive my ignorance, I don't quite understand what you mean. What sort of things would you learn in the Astral planes?
While trying not to be narrow minded I live in the here and now and right now I'm here on this plane haha.  

doistu

Ritual at Dusk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:52 am
good job! I am still working on astral projecting. It is quite difficult, at least for me. I am better at meditation and self- hypnosis, but both of those are rather simple. Anyway, good luck with getting yourself fully astral projected!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:18 pm
Want to keep earning gold for your XP in Ocean Party?

Astral projction is very difficult. We as humans have been attached to ourselves our whole lives, and it takes a lot of discipline to separate ourselves from our physical body. This may be easier when we are asleep because we are not fully conscious, we are sub-conscious which may help us separate ourselves from our physical bodies.

Then click here!

Amara Verdandi

Tari_Leralonde

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:32 pm
I have yet to be able to astral project, but I've almost done it in the past. I'll be laying down, and I'll attempt it, and the feeling I get is something like my whole body is expanding in all directions. But as soon as I realize what's happening, and I think "Ooo! Oooo! I think I'm doing it!" I slam right back in and the feeling is gone.
I do have a memory, however, of when I was little---maybe 5?---and my family and I were still living in a trailer. I was jumping on my parents bed, and I jumped in the air, and all of a sudden I was frozen in the air, watching my body go back down slowly. And when my body hit the bed, I was all of a sudden slammed back into it. I remember getting really upset over it, because it shocked me so much. That's one of the very few memories I still have from that time, and it's always stood out really vividly. I think that's pretty much the only time I've astral projected my entire life.
I say the word "slam" a lot because that's exactly what it feels like to me: like my soul is being slammed into a rock.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:23 am
I don't really know much about astral projection. But from what you guys have been talking about here... I feel like I might have had a similar experience.

When I was little, I fell from a very high place, and landed in an indian style sitting position. The wind was knocked out of me - I couldn't breath. And I saw myself... sitting there. It was like, I was out of my body. I then watched as one of my cousins came rushing into the room and came by my side. I then went back into my body.

I tried telling people about it, but they just said the wind was knocked out of me. I don't think they really believed that I saw myself from a different point of view. But to this day I only have the memory of that experience like that. It's weird...  

res novae

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Talesofbiro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:23 pm
I've only astral projected once knowingly. I was at my friend Joey's house and we were talking about it for a while so we did a few preparations, oil, incense, mindset and what not and went to bed. I focused on it as I drifted into sleep.

The beginning sensation is fuzzy, it was years ago when this happened, but I remember just leaving my body on the bed and walking out to the living room. I saw everything as if I had physically done this. I remember seeing my friend on the couch as if he too was on the astral plane and I waved to him. And then the thought hit me "Am I really doing it!?" Then bam! I felt I was slammed into my body again, I jolted awake. It was a very different sensation then dreaming. Plus I can never remember my dreams after one day, but I can recall almost everything perfectly.

It was very interesting and exciting experience. I have yet to accomplish this again though.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:14 pm
i've never been able to get the hang on astral projection so've given up for a little while  

The Unexpected Angel

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games