Reply The Constructed Languages Guild
Language Construction Kit soon to be a book

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Layra-chan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:40 am
The language construction kit by Zompist (Mark Rosenfelder) which we keep linking to here is finally coming out as a physical book. It's expanded and endetailed and clarified and one of those is not a word.

FAQ

Anyway, I will be purchasing one once it's available, because I have no idea how to go about semantics and pragmatics, especially the latter. Anyone else interested?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:47 am
Sounds interesting, so I think I will be purchasing one. :'P  

Caffeinated Tea

Daionii

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:36 am
That's great! I definitely want one.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:48 am
Hahaha, I might end up getting one, but I would feel like so much more of a success if I could do it on my own razz  

JeSuisMustapha

Layra-chan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:51 pm
So my copy arrived today, and so far I'm really enjoying the book. I just got through the section on phonology, and it has quite a bit more body to it than the web version. Nice explanations of what things sound like and examples of stuff.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:41 pm
= D

I've been away for a while but now I really want a copy, that site is what first got me conlanging. ^_^

EDIT: My boyfriend is a sweetheart and got it for me. [/teenage dreaminess] On the actual book: It's a really good starter-guide type deal and I actually am finding it helpful for post formats, since the author includes a grammar of one of his languages. Good read. Nice wordlists. =)  

Homurakitsune

Sparkly Gekko

Azaurmyth

Devoted Reveler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:01 am
I'm really beginning to love that site. It's making me think of everything that should, or shouldn't, be present in my language. Especially now that I've really gotten a semi-substantial word list. Alas that I am poor and can't buy the book >.<

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:23 pm
Been wanting it for a while. Unfortunately, I spent all my Amazon.com gift card from Christmas a few days before it was announced. sad  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

The Constructed Languages Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces