Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Crazy Con Goers: A Rant and Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:12 pm
MadamChaos13
I understand completely about crazy con goers! Last year at Anime Con, I cosplayed as Light Yagami and my boyfriend was L. We thought it would be funny to go together and be handcuffed. Well, it was funny... for a while. The fan girl squees were so loud my ears still ring. I was asked to kiss my boyfriend. And sure I did... once! I wasn't going to stand there and take bamillion pics of us kissing. 1 it was awkward the first time and 2 I wanted to enjoy myself not fanservice for a bunch of idiots. So I dragged my boyfriend away and we enjoyed ourselves while avoiding the... paparazzi.

Yeash that's sort of an occupational hazard with slash cosplaying. You can cut down on that somewhat by replying to requests for kisses with "Kiss pics cost a dollar" It shuts people up pretty quickly. Just don't actually accept any money because it's soliciting and staff won't be happy about it.  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:54 pm
Yea. This year at anime fest I plan on going as Tsubaki with dear bf as Black Star from Soul Eater and Jesse and James from Pokemon. So thanks for the tip =]  

x-Madame_Chaos-x

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:28 pm
MadamChaos13
Yea. This year at anime fest I plan on going as Tsubaki with dear bf as Black Star from Soul Eater and Jesse and James from Pokemon. So thanks for the tip =]

Oh, yeah, and try not to say it in front of staff either. Some staff will get that it's a joke, but some won't. And neither you nor staff will be amused when you have to explain it to the over-zealous staff douche bag that takes his job waaaayyyyyy too seriously.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:34 pm
This is a Pet Peeve of mine, crossplayers who decide to take off their shirts in the convention. I know it gets hot in the centers, but for some reason it really annoys me when girls who are going as guys decide to run around in bindings, I'm not quiet sure why (maybe because it looks really sloppy and takes away from the whole "trying to be a character" aspect), but it does. It's understandable if the con is done for the day, but during the con it just looks weird. I have also seen cosplayers take off their pants and walk around, for some characters I find it works. I'm not trying to be elitist or anything but it kinda irks me.  

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:16 am
Veretix
I have also seen cosplayers take off their pants and walk around

1. Ew.

2. Is that legal? I know in many conventions (like Otakon), if it's illegal outside of the con, it is illegal inside the con.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:08 am
Veretix
This is a Pet Peeve of mine, crossplayers who decide to take off their shirts in the convention. I know it gets hot in the centers, but for some reason it really annoys me when girls who are going as guys decide to run around in bindings, I'm not quiet sure why (maybe because it looks really sloppy and takes away from the whole "trying to be a character" aspect), but it does. It's understandable if the con is done for the day, but during the con it just looks weird. I have also seen cosplayers take off their pants and walk around, for some characters I find it works. I'm not trying to be elitist or anything but it kinda irks me.

That's kinda....weird? Part of me wants to say that that's indecent exposure since they aren't actually wearing clothing. But another part wants to say it's not because they are covered and people wear skimpier things...  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items