Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Crazy Con Goers: A Rant and Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:59 pm
I know this happened last year, but it still bothers me. This goes back to the whole unsupervised minors thing. I met this really nice fourteen or fifteen year old girl who wasn't cosplaying. It was her first con so I decided to be nice and tell her the do's and don'ts. Well, after that she got clingy and wouldn't leave my side. She said her parents wouldn't like it if they knew she was running around the con alone. Well, derp, be responsible and be a chaperone.Stay at the con with your kid if you don't want them going alone. She sort of ruined my time because she wouldn't go away. I literally babysat her all Saturday and Sunday.

Another thing that irks me is when your group tries their best to fit 10+ people in a small hotel room. I know you're trying to cut down on the cost. The more people you have, the less money you have to put in for the hotel room. This bothers me because it's cramped and you have no place to put your things. It was so terrible that I decided to just go home that Friday night. I couldn't sleep in the hotel room. It was CRAZY packed.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:17 pm
Tards- I want to shoot them! That is almost all we have at my school and they are loud and obnoxious. We seriously make daily jokes about them. They think they can cosplay but put no effort in and do one cosplay a day. They somehow bend the rules and are extremely loud. Too loud. I swear lunch is no longer a peaceful time. And that is just with five of them at school. Going to conventions is almost a nightmare because of these five and because of other misbehaving tards.

Elitests- I don't really know any. Seriously like I know Kipi and she never acted like an elitist. I also know many others that go to Arizona cons and they are the nicest people I have ever met. As well as Kipi.

Yaoi Fangirls- They depend on how extreme they go. They can be tolerable and when they a middle schoolers they can be acceptable because that is the common behavior of middle schoolers that like yaoi. This goes for the Tards as well. It is when the fangirls are high schoolers or above that it becomes most annoying.

Creepers- Thank god I haven't run into any yet.  

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:25 pm
Hmm I don't know any elitists personally, but I think I ran into one last year. She was holding a panel on how to start a cosplay and whatever. She told us that she only cosplayed for the competitions. Would that be an elitist? *shrug*  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:01 am
OhNoesItsMiho
Hmm I don't know any elitists personally, but I think I ran into one last year. She was holding a panel on how to start a cosplay and whatever. She told us that she only cosplayed for the competitions. Would that be an elitist? *shrug*

It's really more in the attitude. I know several people who only do it for competitions, but that's because they don't have a lot of money and want to feel like their money was well spent.

If she was a total tool or b***h about it, acted like by competing she was a freaking celebrity, or acted like she was the authority on cosplay then she was an elitist.

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

User_16349334

7,325 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:03 pm
Tsunji
It must be hard organizing events. If I were you, I would've @#!*% out, lol. Especially at the photograpervs! );< They don't care about your costume, its details and your portrayal! As long as your hot, flash, snap, upload! );<
Not nessesarly, I love to take pictures of cosplays even if its not a good cosplay and the people arn't hot, reason being I love everyones cosplay and like to see how many diffrent ones I can get...lol kinda like pokemon smile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:08 pm
IXI Tama IXI
Tsunji
It must be hard organizing events. If I were you, I would've @#!*% out, lol. Especially at the photograpervs! );< They don't care about your costume, its details and your portrayal! As long as your hot, flash, snap, upload! );<
Not nessesarly, I love to take pictures of cosplays even if its not a good cosplay and the people arn't hot, reason being I love everyones cosplay and like to see how many diffrent ones I can get...lol kinda like pokemon smile

I was referring to the perverts who just attend cons to snap some pantsu shots of innocent cosplayers. :3

Tsunji

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:05 pm
Tsunji
IXI Tama IXI
Tsunji

I was referring to the perverts who just attend cons to snap some pantsu shots of innocent cosplayers. :3

We have tons of those here. Hell, some are not even discreet!! *memories of that guy with the huge camera licking his lips as one of our Sailor Stars (from sailor moon) did the transformation on stage*  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:32 pm
I saw a lot of unsupervised kids at a convention and was concerned about their wellfare. What would happen if someone took advantage of them. Also some of the cosplay costumes is great for adults but not appropriate for kids because they are skimpy. Some cons do better than others at paying attention to kids that are alone, but I was concerned about the ones where their was no supervision.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Baret Rapsba

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:15 pm
SakuraRico

We have tons of those here. Hell, some are not even discreet!! *memories of that guy with the huge camera licking his lips as one of our Sailor Stars (from sailor moon) did the transformation on stage*

Hahahaha
That reminds me of the last con I attended.
There was a girl dressed as Sailor Moon.
She had the shortest skirt I have ever seen.
She "dropped" something behind the table, and bent over it to get it.
I had never seen so many flashes, and guys ambush a cosplayer so fast.
Of course, I believe after that the girl and her friends had a group following.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:30 am
Hoba The Destroyer
SakuraRico

Hahahaha
That reminds me of the last con I attended.
There was a girl dressed as Sailor Moon.
She had the shortest skirt I have ever seen.
She "dropped" something behind the table, and bent over it to get it.
I had never seen so many flashes, and guys ambush a cosplayer so fast.
Of course, I believe after that the girl and her friends had a group following.

That's a moment that I don't know whether to laugh or cry at. XD  

SakuraRico

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:33 pm
That's horrible! This is why I hardly cosplay as female characters. I don't want THAT kind of attention. I don't wear skimpy clothes, but OMG, no.

I think the people who cry when they don't win the masquerade bother me. People like that don't need to compete and they don't need to compete in the cosplay hallway contests, either. They're better off being in the Fashion Show.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:44 pm
OhNoesItsMiho
That's horrible! This is why I hardly cosplay as female characters. I don't want THAT kind of attention. I don't wear skimpy clothes, but OMG, no.

I think the people who cry when they don't win the masquerade bother me. People like that don't need to compete and they don't need to compete in the cosplay hallway contests, either. They're better off being in the Fashion Show.

Ugh, those were the worst people to deal with when I used to help run the Masquerade. Since it's a smal con, we only got like 2 of them a year, but they were still annoying as ********. I mean, it's a competition for gods' sakes, not a "everyone look at how pretty X is" show.  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:40 am
Tsuki Nushi
OhNoesItsMiho

Ugh, those were the worst people to deal with when I used to help run the Masquerade. Since it's a smal con, we only got like 2 of them a year, but they were still annoying as ********. I mean, it's a competition for gods' sakes, not a "everyone look at how pretty X is" show.

Story time, story time! Share a story with us! XD I wanna know what happened lol  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:21 pm
OhNoesItsMiho
Tsuki Nushi
OhNoesItsMiho

Story time, story time! Share a story with us! XD I wanna know what happened lol

Not much to tell love. There was just always some b**** who though she was above the rules. and keeps chatting loudly when you're supposed to whisper backstage. I always ended up tell them that they either follow my rules or get disqualified.  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

x-Madame_Chaos-x

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:29 pm
I understand completely about crazy con goers! Last year at Anime Con, I cosplayed as Light Yagami and my boyfriend was L. We thought it would be funny to go together and be handcuffed. Well, it was funny... for a while. The fan girl squees were so loud my ears still ring. I was asked to kiss my boyfriend. And sure I did... once! I wasn't going to stand there and take bamillion pics of us kissing. 1 it was awkward the first time and 2 I wanted to enjoy myself not fanservice for a bunch of idiots. So I dragged my boyfriend away and we enjoyed ourselves while avoiding the... paparazzi.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff