Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Crazy Con Goers: A Rant and Discussion Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:59 pm
The people who don't listen to the rules, the elitists, the over protective parents, the whiny relative/friend/lover who come with an attendee, the guy who takes stuff too far, the perv, etc.

I am so sick of these people. I'm trying to do my job (advertising, signing people up for events, backstage) as a con staffer for the Masquerade department, and I'm constantly interrupted by the antics of crazy con goers.

And even when I'm at a con as an attendee, they still manage to ruin my day. I've got to listen to some girl whine to her boyfriend about how she doesn't like it here or some elitist chew out a 12-year old because they called a doujin a manga.

*sigh* I feel better

Discuss (and rant about) your encounters with these people.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:07 am
-Tards:
Loud and annoying

-Yaoi fangirl:
Also loud.
I hate how some try to force their sick fantasies onto others.
Like if you happen to cosplay a character they like they'll prolly bother you with it... asking for certain 'poses' during pics and s**t.
Oh and those paddles.
Can't they also sell sturdier paddles to hit them in the head?

-'Elite' people:
Well they don't bother you much on the con itself since most of them are cowards anyway whom will just talk behind your back.

In any case: Kill it with fire.  

Saint of Swords _SoS

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:42 am
Tards- Don't really bug me much meh. Cept 4 example if they actually try 2 convince me that Naruto can beat Goku.

Pervs- Only bug me when they insist after some1 has already said no more than once. I mean can't they just give up and go look 4 some other perverted ppl some where else.

Elitist- never really had 2 deal with any, I wouldnt be able 2 really tell if its common knowledge or not since I don't do much con stuff (nobody 2 do that stuff with).

crazy ravers- sometimes fun until they start bugging u 2 do drugs and keep insisting. No means no, ppl get with the program.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:23 pm
My problem is the annoying con creepers! I decided to SKIP Ohayocon because of those stupid jerks! I guess the one wasn't considered a creeper since I knew the kid back when I was 14. Anyway, my second con was crappy because the kid I ran into FOLLOWED me the entire night, tried to make me play tabletop games with him, and not to mention he TEXTED me throughout the weekend after I managed to avoid him ALL Saturday. He literally saved my cell number for 6 years! I didn't text him, either.

When I thought I was safe on Saturday, I ran into another creeper and he's being a creeper OUTSIDE of the con! I told this story already how I was dancing in the noise room and the DJ called me over. The conversation was normal until he kept poking my side! I ignored it and went back to dancing. Me and some girl slow danced to InuYasha's Dearest for fun and the song suddenly changed to some weird swing dance music. The DJ wanted me to dance with him. D:

Once Sunday rolled on by, I left early to avoid those two creepers. Well, the DJ got a hold of my AIM sn on youtube and decided to IM me. I found it creepy, but I didn't block him. The conversations were ALL normal until he kept telling me we should hang out at his place. I kept nicely rejecting the offer, but he kept insisting. I got fed up and bluntly told him I didn't want to date and gave up on relationships ages ago. He then said, "Hope you give me a chance." I got upset and blocked him. Unfortunately, both guys live in the same city as me and A&G is 11 days away. How the heck am I going to avoid them!?

My second problem is con drama. My friend's bf didn't wanna deal with her during the con. His sisters kept calling her bad names and she cried all Saturday night. It was so annoying. I can deal with con drama any day, though. Con creepers is a whole different story. crying  

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:04 pm
Tards: They are loud, obnoxious, annoying, and generally have no common sense or regard for convention rules and the other con goers around them

Yaoi Fan Girls: I am a fan of Yaoi, and d*** it, these girls are why I don't like to advertise that fact. They have to be some of the most annoying people on the planet, like tards they are insistently loud and just obnoxious in general. They also carry those dreaded paddles... I have dreamed more than once of snatching one out of their hands and beating them in the face with it.

Elitists: Whether they be the ones who insist that dubs are s*** and anime should only be watched in its original Japanese language, or the ones who go around nit-picking at other cosplayers' outfits. That second one really bugs me because I can't sew to save my life, but I still love cosplaying. Sometimes I wear things that I throw together/alter from a thrift store, and on the rare occassion I purchase a cosplay. I do it because I love the character and I try to be as accurate as possible. Don't go all getting in my face if there's a thing or two that isn't perfect, I tried my best and I am there to have fun d*** it! They are actually the ones who ruin a con for me more than the other two listed.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:17 am
Negative Nancies -
Like the ones you spoke of, who got drug along to a con and just complain. I've had it happen to me before, its annoying, its like if you don't want to go don't, and don't wine and complain that your bf/gf is leaving you because they've waited all year for the con and you don't like it.

The fat screamy girls -
Yes the best way i can put it. There is always the group of annoying overweight girls who sit in a circle in a random hall and just yell and scream...

The lets hook up kids -
I always see a few of these groups. They find a stairwell to sit under or some hiddenish spot. Girls and guys hook up and go makeout and foreplay.. in the freakin con. L2 get a hotel room that your parents aren't in.

The sexy girls -
They are just too sexy to be in the same area.  

Doom27

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:23 am
OhNoesItsMiho
My problem is the annoying con creepers! I decided to SKIP Ohayocon because of those stupid jerks! I guess the one wasn't considered a creeper since I knew the kid back when I was 14. Anyway, my second con was crappy because the kid I ran into FOLLOWED me the entire night, tried to make me play tabletop games with him, and not to mention he TEXTED me throughout the weekend after I managed to avoid him ALL Saturday. He literally saved my cell number for 6 years! I didn't text him, either.

When I thought I was safe on Saturday, I ran into another creeper and he's being a creeper OUTSIDE of the con! I told this story already how I was dancing in the noise room and the DJ called me over. The conversation was normal until he kept poking my side! I ignored it and went back to dancing. Me and some girl slow danced to InuYasha's Dearest for fun and the song suddenly changed to some weird swing dance music. The DJ wanted me to dance with him. D:

Once Sunday rolled on by, I left early to avoid those two creepers. Well, the DJ got a hold of my AIM sn on youtube and decided to IM me. I found it creepy, but I didn't block him. The conversations were ALL normal until he kept telling me we should hang out at his place. I kept nicely rejecting the offer, but he kept insisting. I got fed up and bluntly told him I didn't want to date and gave up on relationships ages ago. He then said, "Hope you give me a chance." I got upset and blocked him. Unfortunately, both guys live in the same city as me and A&G is 11 days away. How the heck am I going to avoid them!?

My second problem is con drama. My friend's bf didn't wanna deal with her during the con. His sisters kept calling her bad names and she cried all Saturday night. It was so annoying. I can deal with con drama any day, though. Con creepers is a whole different story. crying

Ugh, creepers. I've never had one myself, but one of my friends had. I had to tell the guy off too. He went away once I threatened to go tell con security he was harassing us.

I also can't stand the Cosplay creepers. The ones that stalk the really good cosplayers and take their photo every 5 freaking seconds. I know they look good, but that's no excuse to harass them all day. Leave them alone and stop blocking the walkways with your little photo-shoots.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:43 am
@Nushi: yep, my friend decided to be my bodyguard the entire weekend for A&G. Maybe I'll be safe when I crossplay lol  

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Ralyle

Shirtless Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:56 am
God! My friends are all yaoi fan girls and I am too but only a tiny bit. They go nuts over it and even write storis of yaoi and that drives me nuts cause they think I am too naive and such so I can't do anything like that with them even though it is only to hang out with them. Crazy con goers are so annoying too! I once dropped my Super Otaku badge for Saboten and some freakin' people took the badge but returned the plushie it was on! That was rude! Return it all or return it all! Do the right thing people! Stealing is bad!!! And I hate iot when people act like they know everything about anime and tell you that you aren't doing something right! XP Screw those people! XP
Sighs... Unfortunately the world just can't get rid of them! T^T

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 am
Tards- Who doesn't hate them? They're the ones who set up the image for ALL anime fans. They make us look like we nearly have a stroke when something Japanese comes into sight. I think yaoi fangirls could go into this category.

Non-Anime Fans- Not saying they're all disrespectful, but I feel they are just a waste of space in a lot of ways. With my friends... we have a lot of non anime fans come to con, just because we have a lot of anime fans in our rather large clique. They nag about how we're all out geeking out all day, or they just sit in the hotel all day... getting drunk, and then they go to the dances... drunk. There's also the ones that follow the anime fan they're with and criticize and joke everyone around them.

Perverts- This is my biggest annoyance of ALL. Never have I been hit on, groped or sexually harassed in one place at one time. I am rarely hit on out in public, but for some reason at a convention, you're allowed to run your hand up a strangers leg <.< Don't know who made that rule.  

Wee Little

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:51 am
I haven't really been turned off by people per se at conventions. It's a given that many people who come have at least one quirk in them. But yeah, if your issues start to affect everyone in a good 200 yard radius, you got to sit in a corner for a while until you can behave.

Needless to say, considering I'm getting up there in years, I am more suited to talk with parents and alleviate their worries. Or at least give them clubs and sic them after the perverts.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:48 am
Battle Mistress Beatrix
Tards- Who doesn't hate them? They're the ones who set up the image for ALL anime fans. They make us look like we nearly have a stroke when something Japanese comes into sight. I think yaoi fangirls could go into this category.

Non-Anime Fans- Not saying they're all disrespectful, but I feel they are just a waste of space in a lot of ways. With my friends... we have a lot of non anime fans come to con, just because we have a lot of anime fans in our rather large clique. They nag about how we're all out geeking out all day, or they just sit in the hotel all day... getting drunk, and then they go to the dances... drunk. There's also the ones that follow the anime fan they're with and criticize and joke everyone around them.

Perverts- This is my biggest annoyance of ALL. Never have I been hit on, groped or sexually harassed in one place at one time. I am rarely hit on out in public, but for some reason at a convention, you're allowed to run your hand up a strangers leg <.< Don't know who made that rule.

i made this rule, i'm sorry i didn't know what i was doing at the time  

Doom27

Nulfi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:35 pm
User Image
[ и υ ℓ f ι ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Art By: Nulfi
I remember this one time, Anime Vegas, my friend was caramel
dancing for me because she lost a bet and accidentally bumped
into this guy. He was tall, but we're like... 4"2 so.... Anyway.
He did this creepy thing where he slowly turned around and
twiddled his fingertips against each other and soon after he
went off on her because she messed up his "crown". And by
crown, I mean his hair. Which was impossible because it was
heavily cemented to his head with Gel, anyway. We stood
there and had to listen to him for what...? 10-15 minutes? A
waste of time. She apologized several times, but apparently he
didn't hear her. I have learned to respect other cosplayers and
NOT be that annoying fan-girl like previously mentioned, and I
apologize for ever being one because I now understand how
annoying I was. GAH. I would've locked myself in a closet if I
realized I was that annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:09 pm
Nulfi
User Image
[ и υ ℓ f ι ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Art By: Nulfi
I remember this one time, Anime Vegas, my friend was caramel
dancing for me because she lost a bet and accidentally bumped
into this guy. He was tall, but we're like... 4"2 so.... Anyway.
He did this creepy thing where he slowly turned around and
twiddled his fingertips against each other and soon after he
went off on her because she messed up his "crown". And by
crown, I mean his hair. Which was impossible because it was
heavily cemented to his head with Gel, anyway. We stood
there and had to listen to him for what...? 10-15 minutes? A
waste of time. She apologized several times, but apparently he
didn't hear her. I have learned to respect other cosplayers and
NOT be that annoying fan-girl like previously mentioned, and I
apologize for ever being one because I now understand how
annoying I was. GAH. I would've locked myself in a closet if I
realized I was that annoying.

That seems a tad excessive. You just bumped into him, it's not like you knocked him over or spilled coffee on him or something. And even if you had, it was an accident and you apologized, there was no need for a rant. *sigh* I will never understand the cosplay elitists.

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Nulfi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:18 pm
Neither will I, neither will I. u___u
But, it's fine. That didn't stop us from enjoying the Con.
I don't think he was even in cosplay.... More like
Hot Topic drag.

Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas