Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
I have some questions... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:46 am
TeaDidikai
The problem with doing a haphazard job of developing spiritual autonomy is that when you develop actual autonomy, that which is haphazard falls away.

It's a scary thing sometimes, but the fear gets replaced eventually with something better. Or at least it did for me. 3nodding

Quote:
I'm slightly concerned about Eve,

Agreed, but if she doesn't want to listen, what can you do? It's on her, and you (unfortunately) can't shelter people all the time. They're still going to do whatever it is they want to in the end, and you've done all you can.

Quote:
it's a bit of Spiritual-Survival of the Fittest.

We could probably sell that idea to network TV.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:09 am
Byaggha

It's a scary thing sometimes, but the fear gets replaced eventually with something better. Or at least it did for me. 3nodding
I usually think it's more of a function that which is shallow gets replaced with something of more substance.

Quote:

Agreed, but if she doesn't want to listen, what can you do?
Is this a general or a personal you? twisted
Quote:

It's on her, and you (unfortunately) can't shelter people all the time.
I'm not interested in sheltering people to be frank.

Well, I am for those who cannot protect themselves, but this isn't the case here. So I wouldn't consider this an unfortunate situation. I can however do what is expected of me in order to keep my backyard clean.

Quote:

We could probably sell that idea to network TV.
Thinking of something in the way of Ordeal and in depth spiritual research designed to follow a group of Seekers through a number of different religious experiences?  

TeaDidikai

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:29 am
TeaDidikai
I usually think it's more of a function that which is shallow gets replaced with something of more substance.

Indeed, but that space between seeing the old as insubstantial and finding the substance is sometimes rather ouchy.

Quote:
Is this a general or a personal you? twisted

Not sure I follow that, but I'll 'splain.

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that as much as I may want to stop people from hurting themselves, they're gonna do it anyway. So I fire the warning shot, and wait. Sometimes they get it and avoid the pain, other times they ride headlong into it. Either way, I did what I could, and I'm around to patch up afterwards.

Quote:
I can however do what is expected of me in order to keep my backyard clean.

Take out the trash? xd

Quote:
Thinking of something in the way of Ordeal and in depth spiritual research designed to follow a group of Seekers through a number of different religious experiences?

In the most photogenically horrifying way possible, of course.

The blood must flow.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:35 am
Byaggha

Indeed, but that space between seeing the old as insubstantial and finding the substance is sometimes rather ouchy.
And Varied. It isn't as though everyone hits it out of the ball park with their first attempt.

Quote:

Not sure I follow that, but I'll 'splain.

I came to the conclusion a long time ago that as much as I may want to stop people from hurting themselves, they're gonna do it anyway. So I fire the warning shot, and wait. Sometimes they get it and avoid the pain, other times they ride headlong into it. Either way, I did what I could, and I'm around to patch up afterwards.
Fair enough.

Quote:

Take out the trash? xd
Now I have Yakity Yak stuck in my head.

Quote:

The blood must flow.

Come to think of it... didn't SciFi channel do this already?  

TeaDidikai

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:40 am
TeaDidikai
Byaggha

The blood must flow.

Come to think of it... didn't SciFi channel do this already?

They did. Mad Mad House. Sadly this was my first introduction to witchcraft as anything other then Harry Potter ect.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:10 am
Shearaha

They did. Mad Mad House. Sadly this was my first introduction to witchcraft as anything other then Harry Potter ect.
I think I actually liked the show as I recall. It's been a little while.  

TeaDidikai

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:18 am
TeaDidikai
Shearaha

I think I actually liked the show as I recall. It's been a little while.

I loved it. It was the first introduction I'd had to anything outside of Christianity/Judiasim/Islam as religous beliefs or practices. Fiona Horn on that show is what got me started on looking at different faiths and practices. I like to think I've grown up a bit since then sweatdrop  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff