Submit

Which game is better?
  Spirit Tracks
  Phantom Hourglass
View Results

Skrulz S.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:57 pm
Hmm....

I played both twice and beat both twice, and my opinion of both is...

The Temple of the Ocean King's floors pissed me smooth off everytime. so going through it over and over again was strainful.

Tower of Spirits allowed you to go to the next floor without all of the ridiculous bullshit.

PH:0
ST:1

Phantom Hourglass's puzzles felt way too...eh. I didnt have to think on any of them really, they usually just told you.

Spirit Tracks wasn't much better, but some puzzles did get me, and I agree with those armored trains of bullshit.

Tie.

Phantom Hourglass's story kinda felt all....everywhere. It didn't seem to focus on one single plot. and it didnt introduce Bellum until near the end, which I thought was pretty ridiculous.

Spirit Tracks had a story from the beginning, and kept with it, and we learned who the evil person was and such, therefore I liked ST's story better.

Spirit Tracks just seems better in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:04 pm
Andykin
dragn99
For dungeon crawling, combat, and most items, I prefer Spirit Tracks.
For overworld travel though, I gotta go with Phantom Hourglass.

Everything takes so friggin' long in ST. Feels to me likes they could have cut the distances almost in half, or at least made a faster train...

You can warp from place to place though, if you have to. It takes just about as long as the boat did really.

When it comes to the armored evil train things, you can fire at them with your cannon to stop 'em from chasing you, so I didn't mind them as soon as I got the cannon xd
Shooting them 3 times only slows them down and makes them stop directly pursuing you... if you don't come to a turn soon enough, or you come to a turn and you go the same way as them accidentally, they will still collide with you... plus, by the time they're close enough to hit... you're half boned.

But they didn't bother me all that much... minor RAEG, followed by simple aversion.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:10 pm
I swear while mucking around in the Snow Realm, one of those Armored Bomb Trains...

The iron-clad ******** just kept roving between this one junction where I was stationed just for a chance to try and ram me. Good thing it wasn't programmed to go down the tracks I was sitting on, lest I was hosed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:17 pm
It's actually kinda fun to plot a course, set it to full steam, bugger off, and then come back in about five minutes. xd  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Andykin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:18 pm
[Kegan]
They're both really good.
I was hungry for more at the end of PH, so I don't mind a similar game.

The only thing I can complain about is that they changed the way you roll, which caused me so much trouble for like 3/4 of the game.

I actually liked that they changed it, the swirl thing bothered me a lot. But yeah it did cause problems for me sometimes  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:20 pm
Skrulz S.
Hmm....

I played both twice and beat both twice, and my opinion of both is...

The Temple of the Ocean King's floors pissed me smooth off everytime. so going through it over and over again was strainful.

Tower of Spirits allowed you to go to the next floor without all of the ridiculous bullshit.

PH:0
ST:1

Phantom Hourglass's puzzles felt way too...eh. I didnt have to think on any of them really, they usually just told you.

Spirit Tracks wasn't much better, but some puzzles did get me, and I agree with those armored trains of bullshit.

Tie.

Phantom Hourglass's story kinda felt all....everywhere. It didn't seem to focus on one single plot. and it didnt introduce Bellum until near the end, which I thought was pretty ridiculous.

Spirit Tracks had a story from the beginning, and kept with it, and we learned who the evil person was and such, therefore I liked ST's story better.

Spirit Tracks just seems better in my opinion.

I agree with like everything you just said.

It's kinda interesting to think about but, PH and ST are basically Wind Waker 2 and 3. Idk I just thought it was nice that they started doing direct sequels xd it's weird seeing niko all old though... UM HIGHLIGHT FOR A SPOILER I GUESS *and linebeck's grave...* D:  

Andykin

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:02 am
Wantcookie
It's actually kinda fun to plot a course, set it to full steam, bugger off, and then come back in about five minutes. xd

I feel really bad for all the sheep and cows on your game cartridge.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:47 am
Lady Psycho Sexy
Wantcookie

What sheep and cows?  

Andykin

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:35 am
Andykin
Lady Psycho Sexy
Wantcookie

What sheep and cows?
Bugger = to perform bestiality. (sexual intercourse with animals)

Bugger off can also mean screw the rules and do what you want.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:49 am
Lady Psycho Sexy
Wantcookie

xd
Well played, miss.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

The Awkwardest Turtle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:50 am
Andykin
linebeck's grave... D:

GOD DAMMIT!

SPOILERS, MAN.

Why did I even come into this thread? emo
Linebeck was the best part about PH. ;_;  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 am
The Awkwardest Turtle
Andykin
linebeck's grave... D:

GOD DAMMIT!

SPOILERS, MAN.

Well, for more spoilers, Linebeck's grandson is in this game. And he's pretty much the same.  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Buddha_Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:11 pm
Soul Train is so much better.

That's really all I need to say.

You know, besides absolutely loving the co-op with Zelda, I thought that was the best part of the game.

I enjoyed the Temple of Spirits more than any other part of the game.
And the bosses that involve team work were fun.

Once the game is marked down, I'll actually buy it.

Also, sup fags, long time no see.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:15 pm
dragn99
The Awkwardest Turtle
Andykin
linebeck's grave... D:

GOD DAMMIT!

SPOILERS, MAN.

Well, for more spoilers, Linebeck's grandson is in this game. And he's pretty much the same.

Sorrrryy gonk Well neither have anything to do with the plot, and you have to kinda assume he's dead, since Niko is a geezer, and he used to be a little kid. I kinda wonder where the old link and zelda are though. Think they're dead too? IF THEY ADDRESS IT IN THE END DON'T SAY ANYTHING CAUSE I HAVEN'T BEATEN IT YET  

Andykin

Cabron the Swan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:49 pm
Awesome Tree
Andykin
Lady Psycho Sexy
Wantcookie

What sheep and cows?
Bugger = to perform bestiality. (sexual intercourse with animals)

Bugger off can also mean screw the rules and do what you want.
User Image
Ummm

I meant the ones you need to blow the whistle to scare away.

What the hell Tree. xd What the HELL.

I'm starting to think those rumours about Australia aren't completely without merit.

User Image

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces