Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply Organized Roleplaying
Tales of Symphonia: A New Tomorrow [OOC/Plotting] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krazy-Chibi
Crew

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:03 pm
Hey guys in the previous RP we came up with new kinds of summons in the forms of Gods & Goddesses, im thinking of keeping that in, but not having them as big into the story, meaning that they wouldn't follow the party around and stuff. (having that many characters kinda made it confusing...at least for me it was sweatdrop )

here's what ive made.
User Image
Gaia, Neptune, Mars, Fulgora
User Image Iris, Hades, Venus (yes im making Venus wind), Boreas  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:42 am
Are they gonna be completely different now? Some of the original personalities kinda grew on me...Neptune being narcissistic, Mars being this macho flirt, and Venus being a ditz. xd

I liked that we went with the Roman god names, but it feels like we can't keep with the theme if some elements appear to be separated now. Like Jupiter was the goddess of wind and lightning and Neptune was the god of water and ice. I reckon the 7th and 8th ones are wind and ice, respectively?

Yeah, keeping them as sorta-summons can keep things from being too confusing. Let's stick with the idea of assigning one to each character who specializes in their particular elements, so that controlling them can be spread out to everyone. 3nodding

Umm...by the way...how shall we be continuing, Krazy? I don't quite know what to do from here... User Image

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Krazy-Chibi
Crew

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:59 pm
Yeah sorry about that, ive been collecting thoughts for the plot.

maybe I should stick with the roman/greek god names, it is gonna be a bit more difficult with switched genders, ect.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:15 pm
If I may, I'd like to request my character, Rhone, for the dark god, since that's the only element he uses. Of course, that's already claimed, I'll gladly step down. ^w^ I've also got a personality planned for the god if that's alright. ^_^  

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Krazy-Chibi
Crew

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:50 pm
Well in the previous RP the gods/goddess' had their own little quirk, sort of a way to add humor and lighten up the mood instead of having brooding uber serious gods/goddess'

(like Neptune being a narcissist like Azura mentioned)

as for calling dibs that might be difficult since my character uses only dark magic as well (id like to wait before people start calling dibs on characters), but honestly were not gonna get to these guys for a while since they exist in Vanahiem.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:13 pm
I had a feeling on that one. XD Alright then. ^w^  

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:32 pm
Well, I did a quick lookup and found that Orithyia is listed as a goddess of cold, gusty mountain winds. 3nodding She sounds like she should be a goddess of ice, but hey, Golden Sun took a lot of liberties with the Aztec goddess Coatlicue. xd

...Even though the name Gaia makes sense, I still think the goddess of earth should be named Venus. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I also think Neptune should have the Dark Elf or any bluish sort of skin, but that's just my opinion. User Image

EDIT: This, more or less, is my interpretation of him:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:30 pm
Ooooooo... I like that idea! Especially since Tsubaki makes pacts with summon spirits. That'd be fun.  

Iceestar

6,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:07 pm
They're not exactly summon spirits. These guys work differently. They will align with the person who has an affinity to their element. Like, Hades would go with Lilith because she uses dark magic. Neptune would go with Azriel because she primarily uses water. (She also uses ice and Chiaro and Oscuro are part of her, but to be fair, people only get one god assigned to them.)

Anyway, this comes a lot later in the plot, when the team goes to Vanaheim. User Image

However...a lot of the characters we play don't seem to have a defined elemental alignment. In which case, maybe it could also be based on personality?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:03 pm
If the one for wind was a god, you could use Aeolus. confused

Kinda glad I read 'The Odyssey' now. sweatdrop  

Lord Lee Major

Devoted Bibliophile

10,800 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Profitable 100

Krazy-Chibi
Crew

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:36 pm
I guess the main reason I made Venus wind was to try to break away from ripping off Golden Sun, also another reason is Venus is sometimes symbolized through various birds sweatdrop

basing them on personality might make more sense too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:10 am
Ahh, I see...

It's just an RP, don't sweat it. xd Besides, Golden Sun borrowed from Greek and other civilizations' mythologies, and so did many other games. So it's not like "ripping off" is anything new. Let's just have some fun borrowing some things and making some references here and there while making tweaks to them. mrgreen

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

xXxSeraphim SkyexXx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:54 am
Iceestar
Hey, Skye's over at my house so right now I'm on her account, that's why I'm posting right now.

Oh..... Well it's a cool idea. I mean it seems really interesting and a fun thing to add into the rp! ^ ^

Skye: I just wanted to say that i am very addicted to tales of symphonia right now... again! 8D So right now i'm going to say

LLOYD IS SOOOOOOOO SEXY!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:51 pm
Sorry ive been uber busy and the RP is the least of my worries right now, so im gonna be a away for a while; if you guys want to do your own thing go ahead, just tell Azura if you have ideas since she's second in command heart  

Krazy-Chibi
Crew

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:20 pm
Okay, okay...sorry for the holdup, but I'm just going around trying to figure out where everyone's at right now. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So Tsubaki, Rose, and Fye are just chillin' at Rhone's house, Ilene is still somewhere in Sybak, Sol went ahead toward the bandit camp, one part of the group (Zelos, Lilith, Kai, Azriel) are at the circus camp, and the other (Lloyd, Colette, Kratos, Rhone, Raine) are on their way to meet up.

I'm just checking with Rei what he intends to do with Raine since he said he'll be gone for a while. Krazy, if you've got the time to catch this, what are you gonna have Lilith and Kai do while you're away? You don't mind if I control the Lombardis a little bit, just for the sake of moving things along, right?

Icee, do you feel ready to catch up yet or will you still sit this one out?

Organized Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games