★ The Midgard Empire is hoping to manipulate Sylvarant and Tethe’alla into going to war with each other. When all forces of the world are too weary to defend themselves, that’s when they hope to strike.
● The Aselia Knights are likely being manipulated for this purpose.
● Attor is just a dumbnuts pawn, nothing too special about him.
★ The Midgard Empire is also conducting their own Exsphere testing and research. Testing involves cultivating Exspheres from monsters and enslaved people (of all races) from both worlds.
● General Diana is one of these test subjects.
● Yokai test subjects are captured from resistance organizations.
★ Prior to the beginning of the RP, Raine and an archaeology team had come across ruins near each temple that vaguely hint at an underground civilization that was around during the times of the Kharlan War. These are the remnants of the Yokai settlements that had been spying on Aselia.
● At present time, Raine will join up with the party to explore an opening close to the Toize Valley Mine, where the network of passageways connecting all of the settlements will be revealed.
★ Leisure funtimes to happen in Altamira. Maybe we could also do with dropping by the Hot Springs.
Summon Spirit Assignments
Undine – Azriel
Efreet – Hunter
Sylph – ???
Luna and Aska – Sirea
Volt – Max
Celsius – Rin
Gnome – Eduardo
Shadow – Lilith
Origin – Rhone
Maxwell – Eloysio
Temple Progression Map
1. Temple of Lightning
2. Triet Ruins
3. Balacruf Mausoleum
4. Thoda Geyser
5. Temple of Darkness
6. Temple of Earth
7. New Temple of Light*
8. Temple of Ice
*Because Tower of Mana was actually reduced to rubble back in ToS1. The idea is that a new temple/sanctuary was built near the ruins over the past century.
Major NPC cast we still need to figure out what to do with:
Other stuff we need to figure out:
☢☢☢ HEAVY SPOILER ZONE ☢☢☢
● Christopher Wilder is also a test subject like Diana.
● Vidar’s true intention: his heart wasn’t really into the invasion (his father’s is, though), he was really just trying to use Aselia’s Otherworldly Gate to access Valhalla, the Realm of the Gods. The key is the family heirloom, a sword called Ragnarok that can be made capable to slay gods.
○ His purpose for trying to enter the realm is to be reunited with Freya, a goddess he loved and who mutually loved him.
○ Enabling the Otherworldly Gate to open up to Valhalla requires the use of a Mana Cannon firing a beam at it when the Ragnarok is in place in a hidden “keyhole” that will be revealed at the event.
○ The Ragnarok when not at its full potential is an ordinary but indestructible blade at best. It becomes a god-slaying weapon the instant it becomes the key to Valhalla.
● In the first, original instance of New Tomorrow, the invasion is thwarted by the group managing to destroy the Midgard Empire’s base of operations in Aselia. As well as Vidar’s true intentions being revealed.
● Vidar’s plans are to be thwarted by Loki, who steals the Ragnarok on the scene and enters Valhalla to fight the gods. in this order: Skuld, Urd, Verdandi.
★ It is likely that the Summon Spirits’ influence cannot extend as far as another world. As the party enters Vanaheim, they will announce such to the group and return to Sheena.
★ The transition to Vanaheim starts with a detour by the Oleander Twins, who will hide away the party in Paradox Space (for safety reasons) while they set a bunch of things in motion.
★ The objective in Vanaheim is to break the seals on the Elemental Gods who were trapped and put to sleep there so that their elemental power exudes and converts the mana produced by the Mirkwood into energy that nourishes Vanaheim. They are needed to deal with Loki.
○ Their locations are near, if not in:
■ Neptune (Water) - Izumo
■ Boreas (Ice) - Glacierwell
■ Mars (Fire) - Muspell
■ Iris (Light) - Alfheim
■ Venus (Wind) - Zelfyr
■ Gaia (Earth) - Nidavelir
■ Hades (Darkness) - Scartalfr
■ Fulgora (Lightning) - Juptera
■ Chaos (non-Element) – Helnair (within the Mirkwood)
★ The Elemental Gods will be assigned to party members, sort of like a cross between Summon Spirit and mentor. They will teach their respective subordinate their signature style.
■ Neptune – Azriel
■ Boreas – (???)
■ Mars – Sirea
■ Iris – Eloysio
■ Hades – Lilith
■ Venus – (???)
■ Gaia – Hunter
■ Fulgora - Max
■ Chaos – Rhone
☢☢☢ HEAVY SPOILER ZONE ☢☢☢
★ The key to unsealing the gods lies in the Midgard Empire's Princess and Vidar's younger sister, Selenia. Who is actually a kindhearted young lady. Unfortunately, the unsealing spell only she is able to perform requires her to give up a piece of her life each time. There is absolutely no way around this.
Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:25 pm
Misc. Notes & Explanations
● Yokai associated with the Midgard Empire had been around during the times of the Kharlan War, spying on the planet. They just remained undetected because they were VERY few in number. Then they all went back after Mithos split the world because they figured out that with the Otherworldly Gate now serving as a link between the two parts of Aselia, there was only a small frame of time the gateway to their world would be open before being sealed off (presumably) forever.
● I hereby officially dub the energy leaking in from Vanaheim "Hypermana". It's not poisonous to the population of Aselia, but it is why Exire's evolved into Wingfolk and the monsters throughout the world became souped up.