Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Cosplay for the Curvy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ll dell Orso ll

Tipsy Gawker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:11 am
The only problem with cosplaying as America would be your breast.
If you bind them good enough you shouldn't have to worry about anything else because his clothing fits rather loosely or it's that military uniform... military uniforms equal win plus binding. When I was in ROTC the pockets on the uniform made my boobies almost disappear without binding and I was a borderline C/D cup. I've always wanted to be me and my husband to go as American Revolution America and England. But for being so good in history, me really hates the series.

As for options,... I find that Tengo Tenge and Fairy Tail offer characters with full thighs and breast.

I'm currently having trouble with a kimono style Pokemon jiginka because of my boobies. Boobs and kimono does not mix happily crying . Trying to find new ways of binding at the moment.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:15 pm
Oh another good anime that is curvy approved is Sekirei!
^w^  

ll dell Orso ll

Tipsy Gawker

AshleyCarnival

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:23 am
I'm stort and over weight. I also have a -cough, cough- Larger backside and really noting up top...I wanted to know what kind of cosplays would be good for my body type. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:50 am
I figured I would post some of my photos. They're not cosplay, but I think they're a good example of how to use a larger proportioned body to your advantage.

I'm 5'8, and I weigh about 225/30 lbs. I'm a DD, with 45-38-48 measurements without a corset.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The corset and underwear ensemble I made for my steampunk costume. This baby pulls my waist in to a 33. It makes my natural proportions pop like a mo-fo (as my boyfriend says XD), and it also helps support my back and large bosoms. I don't know about you, but being able to walk around con without back pain is fantastic.

One of my rules of costuming:

If you have an a**, ACCENTUATE IT! mrgreen

While it's kind of hard to wear a bustle when you're not doing steampunk or historical costumes/cosplay or types of lolita, it can really make skirts pop, even if it's just a little bit of padding. Not only does it work for big ladies with big butts, it works for those who lack in the bum department!

(Note. My a** is actually almost as big as that bustle. No joke.)

So, what do you get when you add all this together?

That's right. You get awesome.

Now I wanna see some more plus-sized cosplay! 4laugh  

Sugar Pucks

Indulgent Demigod

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Zombeficent

Hygienic Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:37 pm
@Doctor Iris: That is a great example of someone who is a bit larger but still gorgeous 8D You are very pretty and you look great in a corset.

I'm so glad to see this topic too, as a really short girl (4'11") I've struggled my whole life to try and get down to the 100-some odd pounds I'm supposed to be for my height. At times I feel extremely self-concious about cosplay, but try to remind myself that even us larger girls have a right to look bangin' in our costumes.

I already posted some pictures in the female cosplay photos thread, so I don't want to spam this one with the same ones ^^; I'd have to say that my most "out there" cosplay in terms of showing my body was my Quistis one, because my legs were so visible.

That cosplay was up and down for me. At the con a lot of people complimented me, but one of the photographers I worked with posted a picture of myself and my Squall and Zell on DA and someone commented that the Quistis "should work on her thighs." :/ Which was rather disheartening, as you may have guessed.

How do you all deal with stuff like that, if it's happened to you?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:56 pm
Hypocritical Persecution
Immortal Addiction
Ohayocon 2010 will be my first time cosplaying. >w> I'm mega ultra fat. D: 150-160lbs 44-33-38. e.e I'm going to be Misa, though. Its pretty simple, but it'll work for a first timer. ;D

Could you post a pic once you've finished putting your Misa cosplay together? I absolutely love Misa cosplayers! I sure the hell don't have the guts to wear even half the outifts she does xD

Oh, and we're about the same size! My weight fluctuates between 145 and 160.... I'm not fat D: So.... that makes you not fat!

Okay, well I'm a little bigger than some, but not fat. How tall are you though? I'm 5'4".

this is an older cosplay of mine, but I thought I woudl post it anyways since I saw this
User Image

I'm 5'4" 45-38-42 and I cosplay a lot.
I cosplay a lot of younger girl characters.
I advise cosplaying busty characters since they don't look as skinny as other characters. also I often look for outfits that
hide my upper arms. waist sincher spandex corsets can help
too, but are really uncomfy.

@Doctor Iris
I <3 your corset and outfits. I am into the lolita style and really like bustle back skirts too.  

Hotaru230

Sugar Pucks

Indulgent Demigod

11,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:59 pm
Thanks for all the compliments. blaugh It really gives my confidence a boost, knowing that there are people out there who can appreciate curvy ladies!

Now, I'm currently working on a few cosplays for Youmacon '10.

- Cima Garahau from Gundam 0083
- Washu from Tenchi Muyo
- Tennyo Masaki from Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-ohki  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:53 am
@Doctor Iris Rowley
good luck on your costumes. post pics later.
FIGHTING!

I'm working on cosplay projects for a big out of town photoshoot I'm going to next week
~Black Canary - DC comics
~Jubilee - XMEN Marvel
~Vivi - deset & X marks version - One Piece  

Hotaru230

Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items