Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Trolls or Fluffs? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:16 pm
TeaDidikai
Yep- it's completely possible. Does it happen without effort, not often. But that's because until we start to institute formal means of analysis there's no way to quantify what we are addressing.

But are not the formal means of analysis flawed from the origin, as they are constructed by creatures relying on perception and reason based wholey on perception, for creatures based solely on perception and reason reliant on perception? Please, show me an objective point with accuracy not dependent upon perception or concepts which have been extruded based on commonality of perspective.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:20 pm
Nines19
bondage bunnie
Take life to serious and you'll never make it out alive.

...there are people who make it out of life alive?

rofl  

Recursive Paradox

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:21 pm
bondage bunnie
Wow i go away for a year

You were gone for a year? Man, I have such s**t memory, because I have no clue who you are.

Quote:
and this place gets way too serious.

You didn't find my analysis of your trolling technique funny? I thought it was hilarious. Darn. Missed the mark.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:22 pm
Recursive Paradox
You didn't find my analysis of your trolling technique funny? I thought it was hilarious. Darn. Missed the mark.

Sometimes people on here are so subtly funny that I giggle confusedly and move on. Halfway through yours, though, I was fairly snickering. Good show, good show.  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:33 am
Fiddlers Green

But are not the formal means of analysis flawed from the origin, as they are constructed by creatures relying on perception and reason based wholey on perception, for creatures based solely on perception and reason reliant on perception? Please, show me an objective point with accuracy not dependent upon perception or concepts which have been extruded based on commonality of perspective.
The possibility doesn't ensure that it as the possibility has happened.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:28 pm
TeaDidikai
The possibility doesn't ensure that it as the possibility has happened.

However it undermines the assertion of statements as absolute Truth. We must now add the caveat most likely, rather than making flat statements of correctness or incorrectness. Unless we wish to bar our ears to these possibilities and continue with our assumptions.
But people seem to love the razor better than the rake. Happily discarding things that do not seem likely while merrily keeping ideas who's only merit is that they wish them to be so.

This is a musing on human interaction with the cosmos and not intended personally. sweatdrop  

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:12 pm
Fiddlers Green

However it undermines the assertion of statements as absolute Truth. We must now add the caveat most likely, rather than making flat statements of correctness or incorrectness. Unless we wish to bar our ears to these possibilities and continue with our assumptions.
But people seem to love the razor better than the rake. Happily discarding things that do not seem likely while merrily keeping ideas who's only merit is that they wish them to be so.
The only solution we can strive for is to critically evaluate it all. If someone wishes to discuss why they think the sun's core is ice, and how that model would work- let them. Let others answer and explain why it is not. That said, both sides need to be critical in their evaluations. Absolute Truth is Truth, but that doesn't mean it is beyond being questioned.

The difference however is that once the questions are answered, and the Truth demonstrated, the difference between Willful Ignorance and a mere difference of opinion shall have been put to rest.

Quote:

This is a musing on human interaction with the cosmos and not intended personally. sweatdrop
I assumed not. ~hugs~  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:37 pm
TeaDidikai
The only solution we can strive for is to critically evaluate it all. If someone wishes to discuss why they think the sun's core is ice, and how that model would work- let them. Let others answer and explain why it is not. That said, both sides need to be critical in their evaluations. Absolute Truth is Truth, but that doesn't mean it is beyond being questioned.

The difference however is that once the questions are answered, and the Truth demonstrated, the difference between Willful Ignorance and a mere difference of opinion shall have been put to rest.

It is not beyond being questioned.
It is beyond being comprehended.
We have only flawed principles thru which to understand it, therefore diminishing it... making it perspective, rather than Truth.
By the time we artificially constrain it with words, it becomes simplification, simile and parable. When that is then put thru the slaying filter of yet another's senses, how can we have anything even remotely resembling the original Truth?
We have a grain of discoloured sand, and we call it the desert.  

Fiddlers Green

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:43 pm
Fiddlers Green

It is not beyond being questioned.
It is beyond being comprehended.
We have only flawed principles thru which to understand it, therefore diminishing it... making it perspective, rather than Truth.
By the time we artificially constrain it with words, it becomes simplification, simile and parable. When that is then put thru the slaying filter of yet another's senses, how can we have anything even remotely resembling the original Truth?
We have a grain of discoloured sand, and we call it the desert.
Ah. Ignosticism.
It seems we have reached an impasse. I fundamentally hold that the assumption that our principles and perceptions must be considered flawed simply because it is possible they are is off.

It's possible that such is the case for some folks. Hell, I know it is. But I can't hold it as a universal.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:17 pm
TeaDidikai
Ah. Ignosticism.
It seems we have reached an impasse. I fundamentally hold that the assumption that our principles and perceptions must be considered flawed simply because it is possible they are is off.

It's possible that such is the case for some folks. Hell, I know it is. But I can't hold it as a universal.

Impasse accepted.
I hope our exchange sparked some thought in the audience. 3nodding  

Fiddlers Green

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out