D;
View Results

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:03 pm
I found this by accident.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:22 pm
Mostly I object to Consumerism being put as "What to Watch Out For"

Specifically they say: Consumerism: Kids are taught to earn money to buy materialistic things

[sarcasm] *gasp* Materialistic things? What is the world coming to??? [/sarcasm]

It isn't until further down in the paragraph headed: What Parents Need to Know that they say: The positive side of that is it teaches kids about money -- and to save up for something they like.

As for the other negatives listed, I think all of you experience plenty of that every day in school. Parents just like to idealize school as a place where there are no instances of bad language, or inaccurate sex tips, etc.

*sighs* At least they didn't say zOMG was violent! rolleyes  

engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150

~The Why Not Guild Mule~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:14 pm
It's good for me and it's good for you and it's good for everyone! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:15 pm
honestly, who cares. a community site such as gaia is meant to be used for interaction at a base level, without the physical factor. anykid who swears in public is gonna swear online, i guarantee you, so like engineer said, its like sendin yer kid to school, social wise, not learning wise

and to the parents who DO; in this day and age, if your child has been so sheltered that they havent been exposed to the hasrsh side of life, then you may have a bad case of over caring. im not saying parents shouldent care, far from it, im just saying that there is such thing as too much of something, and, well, protecting your child from EVERYTHING aint the best way to go. plus, lack of knowledge in such "evil" things can lead to bullying, and or social awkwardness.
basically, let your kid be exposed. "learn from yoour mistakes", thats how most people are raised, and thats been an effective method so far  

Eisenkrieger

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:58 am
xd I Think that is funny people write reviews but ill have to agree with it in something  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:55 am
You know, as long as young kids are watched on the internet (the responsibility of the parents and not the websites last time I checked) or tutored on what to avoid a game that teaches goal-setting, earning items through continual effort, social interaction all while being fun - might actually be a good thing.

also counting that you can use earning, saving and spending gold as a way to help kids learn about money without risking them losing lots of money in the real world it might just be a good thing.

It only gets bad when the parents somehow let thier kids spend lots of real money on GaiaCash or get into bad forum discussions about mature topics.

People need to chill and remember parental responsibility *sigh*  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Crosslie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:33 pm
pffft... at least here, there's no drugged up kid sitting next to you trying to sell drugs, unlike at school  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:38 pm
User ImageDoи‘т sιт вαck αиd ωαтcн lifε pαss вч. . .

User Image

»It wouldn't be much of an issue if they went into the right threads

User Image

. . . вεcαusε lifε cαи вε goиε iи тнε вlιиk of тнε εчεs. . .User Image

xxmiss_moonlightxx

sstarall

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:08 pm
maybe...maybe not  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:40 pm
Almost anything in excess is bad for you.  

Iris Nightfire

Cosmic Strategist

17,375 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200

The Comic Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:41 pm
Chelyca
Almost anything in excess is bad for you.

I agree. I find with Gaia, I can log in, have some fun, and log back out. It is a good site for people who are really busy to sneak into every so often and act a bit goofy.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:59 pm
GAIA IS HORRIBLE FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!... YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(DONT READ THE FINE PRINT!!!)
Wow, people really think gaia is bad for their kids?!?... Maybe someone should bequeath those people with a boot to the head... Granted gaia isn't perfect, but with all the bad things going on in this world, why bother trying to stop your kid from having fun on a site that is basically more or less for them?... I don't use it in that way, but more because I'm probably older than the majority of you... I stay on gaia because I made a promise to some friends, & because (sadly) it's the only way I get to communicate with my little sister since she moved to New York (I don't think she understood the concept of having to pay her own phone bill & other bills when she moved there lol)  

Deathfrost

Magnetic Sex Symbol

®

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces