Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Vassalord Guild. Join Us, We Bite.

Back to Guilds

This is a guild dedicated to the awesomeness that is Vassalord. 

Tags: Vampires, yaoi, Nanae Chrono, Johnny Rayflo, Cherry 

Reply The Vassalord Guild. Join Us, We Bite.
How did you discover Vassalord? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Casval K7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:28 am
I had never heard of Vassalord, or any of Chrono’s other works before, until I got my hands on an article about it in a an anime magazine called: “ Anime INSIDER”. It was issue #59 aug, where it had a 12 page preview of Vassalord in it. After I read through it I had to go out and get the manga, to find out what happened after the 12 pages. I ended up buying both volumes at an anime convention, and liked the series ever since.

And that’s how I discovered Vassalord. Now I’m curious about how everyone else found out about Vassalord.

The article I read looked like this:

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:34 am
I went to my Friend's house for an anime con and she had it. I always read her yaoi books and she told me to read vassalord. I looked through it and decided to get it myself.  

Forgotten_Memories1369

Aichou

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:11 pm
I went to pick up the latest volume of Petshop of Horrors from Barnes and Noble, and the cover caught my eye. It's been a while since I had been into any new manga, Petshop of Horrors is pretty much the only manga I've bought since Death Note ended. I read the back cover of Vassalord and it interested me, so I went ahead and picked it up.

And, well...I didn't like it much. I was confused throughout the whole thing, and I didn't want to buy the next volume. But then I read the end with how little Chris met Rayflo and I loved it. It was just so cute! So I decided to reconsider and give it a second chance. I bought the next volume after all and it totally hooked me. When I was done, I went back and reread the first volume and I found that I understood it a lot better, and I actually enjoyed it too.

And that's how I found Vassalord. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:03 pm
I read the exact same article and I was like"HA HA HA HAHAHA! Gotta get it." Plus I was reading Peace Maker and I thought it was awesome.  

DarkSideDragon06

Casval K7

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:13 pm
DarkSideDragon06
I read the exact same article and I was like"HA HA HA HAHAHA! Gotta get it." Plus I was reading Peace Maker and I thought it was awesome.

That’s pretty cool that we both read the same article. When I first read it, I had no idea where the story was going to take off to, but I decided to track down the manga anyway. Actually after reading Vassalord I found out about Peacemaker, which is weird because peacemaker is more popular.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:54 am
I was looking for a good vampire manga, and I stumbled into it by suprise. At first, I wasn't going to get it since my 10-year-old nephew reads my manga, and I didn't want him to open it up and see Raylo after bathing. xD That might have scared him since he's so young. Now, I tell him he can read any of my manga except Vassalord. :3

Suprisingly, he listens too. x3  

Le Secretaire Comtesse

light sucks
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:55 am
I read that article too!
I was like, hmmm....
vampires.
hot nude men.
sexual innuendos.

OMG!!!
I WANT THIS MANGA!!!!!!!!!1!!!11!!11!

yeah...
and then I completely forgot about it.
lol.

and then I was looking up new yaoi manga to buy, cause, yeah. I likeyaoi.
and there it was.
and I was like; this certainly looks interesting.
I'ma buy it.

yep.

and I've been hooked ever since.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:39 pm
I saw at the store and bought it..a little later I saw it in anime-insider too. I love buying many mangas..this one brought extra interest though  

Demian Mizire

5,600 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • First step to fame 200

light sucks
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:35 pm
lolz.
me too.
I'm super addicted to manga.
well, it keeps me off drugs.. I can't afford them!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:58 pm
me and my sister were in a bock store and we werelooking for mangas and then she seen master on the cover and she gave it to me i looked inside and seen cherry cuting up that one girl so i got because i thought it had killing in it when i read it i was like this is a yaoi book YAY and that day on i was like i love this book  

xXMASTER-SASORI-YAOIXx

ShieldBomber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:22 pm
tokyopop.com sent me a news email with the first chapter as a teaser
i was curious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:11 am
i found it by accident lol, i was just looking in a book shop for another manga im reading, i just picked it up, flicked through the first few pages and bought it not knowing it was yaoi lol, but i still enjoyed it. So im desperately waiting for vol 3 now crying ...  

Antheridium94

Tsukiyama Hara

Shameless Lunatic

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:15 am
I actually read a preview of it on myspace. XD
I fell in love and bought volume 1 as soon as I could.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:55 pm
um, well I went to hastings and was looking for something to read, then suddenly a gold light came from this book and I went
"EGADS!!!!" then I read it. Really I was just bored, read the back and thought it sounded cool, read it then read the second. I waited 2 whole MONTHS to buy it in oregon. It was well worth it.  

Hatsu Kidamaru

Dedicated Businessman

9,000 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Amir de la Croix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:59 pm
I was browsing through Borders for any random sort of manga to read, and saw it. Had an interesting name, so I picked it up. Flipped through, saw sexy men. Had to buy it, and then I spread it to my little sister and my friends. Good times were had by all!

I only realized after I'd bought it that it was by the same woman who did Peace Maker. XD She's my hero, I absolutely love her work.  
The Vassalord Guild. Join Us, We Bite.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff