Welcome to Gaia! ::

International Music

Back to Guilds

There's music all around the world! 

Tags: Music, Popular, International, Cultural, Chat 

Reply ♫ International Music ♫
What's your favourite kind of music? Discuss why. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Scanner Sees Darkly
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:14 pm
Post Rock/Metal is pretty ******** sexy. Giant Squid, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Russian Circles, Pelican, and more are all great.

Math Rock gets me going a lot of the time. Giraffes? Giraffes! is genius.

I'm going to try getting into No Wave pretty soon. I hear it's good stuff.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:46 pm
I listen to all types, or at least as much as I generally can. But lately I have either been into this mellow rock or listening to just general folk rock.

Buf if we were to ask my favorite... as corny as it sounds. Ska. Just a general genre itself. All three waves. Deszmon Dekker, The Toasters, and everything up to today. I can't say there are alot of ska bands that I can't stand. In fact, I am seeing Send Out Skuds on Friday. Which is always fun.  

evilbrainbabies
Crew

Ethereal Cereal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:10 pm
The Scanner Sees Darkly
Post Rock/Metal is pretty ******** sexy. Giant Squid, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Russian Circles, Pelican, and more are all great.

Math Rock gets me going a lot of the time. Giraffes? Giraffes! is genius.

And the beauty of this is the fact that all of what you mentioned is a form of Progressive music, and therefore falls within that sphere of all things Prog.

Thus proving my point even further.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:46 am
Metal.
Mainly because only a few genres can equal to the power and awe of metal.
When it comes to metal I'll be very quick to correct someone who is misinformed about metal. And being that this is Gaia, I have to do a lot of correcting.
I can't rest easy when people are going around thinking bands like, Slipknot, Disturbed, BMTH, B4MV, etc are metal.  

S Metal Crusader B
Crew

To-aly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:28 pm
I like all but i like electronica the most. It makes me feel loose and just makes me feel free. Unlike other songs wherein their song has this situation, a situation that is whether good or bad.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:37 pm
I personally like everything, but my favorite would have to be alternative and alternative rock! smile  

Crazy cat man wuz here

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:41 am
Here's a list of what i like:

Rock
Alternative
Oldies
Classic Rock
Techno/Electronica/Trance/Dance
J-Pop/J-Rock
Pop/Punk
Ska/Reggae
some country

i like these b/c of the good beats and awesome lyrics. plus i love J-culture, so it only makes sense that i like J-Pop & Rock as well  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:30 pm
S Metal Crusader B
Metal.
Mainly because only a few genres can equal to the power and awe of metal.
When it comes to metal I'll be very quick to correct someone who is misinformed about metal. And being that this is Gaia, I have to do a lot of correcting.
I can't rest easy when people are going around thinking bands like, Slipknot, Disturbed, BMTH, B4MV, etc are metal.

Don't forget some more softcore metal bands like Avenged sevenfold, or maybe even lamb of god, or we could go into the alternative rock genre which is one of my favourites, with evanescance, with their gothic rock/metal, or pop-punk with paramore, maybe even a little bit of alternative rap with Lady Sov, or I could go into the soft rock of 3OH3!

Even more so, I like the occasional bit of classic rock from the Who, I am ashamed to say.

I like more operatic metal like Salva Nos, or even some Nightwish, I could occasionally enjoy indie music, like the One Day Speakers, I could talk about We Are the Fallen, I could go on for hours about how much I love Bowling for Soup, and perhaps even go into detail about some of the lesser bands like E.Nomine.

Furthermore, I could go on for days about my taste in JROCK, VK and Jpop, as well as my fascination with Reita's crotch...  

legendary thiefLawli

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:11 pm
Lamb of God is soft-core metal? i thought all their songs were all that grumbling, growling crap.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:19 pm
ZenWolf65
Lamb of God is soft-core metal? i thought all their songs were all that grumbling, growling crap.

They have some more spondaic moments.  

legendary thiefLawli

Shiorins

Lonely Lover

8,325 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:01 pm
Jpop and Jrock - just so fun to listen to! Mkaes me dance and cry! smile
Kpop - Same and Jpop Jrock
Pop/Rock - Its upbeat and something to sing
Alternative - Who doesn't love rocking out???
Do I dare say Latino? - LOU BEGA <3
OH AND EDGE ROCK BABY!!!! <3 EYESHINE my favorite!! smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:04 pm
Rock and some sub genres of rock. Screamo, Metal, Screamo Metal, etc.  

Apocalyptic Sunset

NegaScott_7x7

O.G. Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:10 pm
Indie. Gives me a good feeling and something to debate with people seeing as indie is not defined or acknowledged as a genre, but i'm determined to change that. Let bands on small labels use a different word. Why can't they say they're on alternative labels.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:22 am
I listen to quite a lot of genres, rock, metal, salsa, jazz, grunge, and a little bit of country and pop.
Really most music has something I like. =)  

Narakyou

♫ International Music ♫

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces