bellaxxmuerte

6,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200

Ran-Ree

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:07 pm
Holy Crap. I vividly remember this. And I watch the video, and I'm like:

"I .... remember them sounding a whole lot older." -____- Wow.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:56 am
OH WOW.... I remember that! blaugh  

Venuslady

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:18 am
User Image

It's just how I remember it. 3nodding

Is it just me, or did kids' tv shows and commercials jump the shark, so to speak? They were so much better when I was a kid. XD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:47 am
Wow, I do remember that, but I only remember the commercial. But, I don't remember anything else but the commercial.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:55 am
When I saw that clip, it was like I was watching Saturday morning cartoons.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:23 pm
I remember that... Too bad they became outdated like 2 years after they first came out.  

SassNymph

Dangerous Lunatic

Creepy Clown Town

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:58 pm
anyone remember the WHOLE McDonald crew commercials?It had the hamburglar stealing, the little talking chicken nuggets in a box, and whatever that purple guy was.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:00 pm
The Playdough Bunny
anyone remember the WHOLE McDonald crew commercials?It had the hamburglar stealing, the little talking chicken nuggets in a box, and whatever that purple guy was.

The purple guy was Rumpus.

And don't forget Birdie!  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

starblazer66

4,700 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:57 pm
Daffodil the Destroyer
User Image

Is it just me, or did kids' tv shows and commercials jump the shark, so to speak? They were so much better when I was a kid. XD

I have the same though go through my head when I watch cartoons now. Even the commercials were kick arse back in the day.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:06 am
Daffodil the Destroyer
User Image

In some ways, modern cartoons are better than older cartoons. Sometimes the remakes are better than the original. The original TMNT cartoon had little to do with the original comics, and went with the "monster of the week" fromula used by Power Rangers.

The 2003 version follows the comics far more closely, even including the scene where Shredder gets decapitated. It follows the "story arc" format made popular by other comic book adaptations like DBZ, Naruto, and Bleach, where a single story can take several episodes to tell. Doesn't that all sound better?  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

I_am_Jacks_cold_sweat

3,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:19 pm
Takarada Kaoru
The Playdough Bunny

The purple guy was Rumpus.

And don't forget Birdie!

I think it's Grimace instead of rumpus rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:16 pm
Takarada Kaoru
Daffodil the Destroyer
User Image

In some ways, modern cartoons are better than older cartoons. Sometimes the remakes are better than the original. The original TMNT cartoon had little to do with the original comics, and went with the "monster of the week" fromula used by Power Rangers.

The 2003 version follows the comics far more closely, even including the scene where Shredder gets decapitated. It follows the "story arc" format made popular by other comic book adaptations like DBZ, Naruto, and Bleach, where a single story can take several episodes to tell. Doesn't that all sound better?
User Image

It does sound better, in theory... but I remember watching part of an episode of the remake and going, "wtf did they do to my favourite Saturday cartoon?" XD But I can always count on TMNT (and Code Geass) to make me crave pizza overloaded with cheese. XDDD

And yeah, it is Grimace. XD

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:58 pm
Daffodil the Destroyer
Takarada Kaoru
Daffodil the Destroyer
User Image

User Image

It does sound better, in theory... but I remember watching part of an episode of the remake and going, "wtf did they do to my favourite Saturday cartoon?" XD But I can always count on TMNT (and Code Geass) to make me crave pizza overloaded with cheese. XDDD

And yeah, it is Grimace. XD

I had 2 DVDs of the 1987 version, and I found it to be lacking in both action and depth. And Raphael should have had more of a temper. I mean... the whole city gets flooded with seawater, and the water drains away leaving behind no damage whatsoever? Shouldn't everything be waterlogged and polluted?  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games