Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cattra Nightblade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:06 pm
The Rawk Hawk
Kirbythecreampuff
Syn Angellus
I read somewhere that High Capacity cards and cards more than 2 GB will not work, also.
This.

WHAT? This is the first time I hear this...
I am shocked. eek

Kotaku - Nintendo Releases 2GB Nintendo-Branded SD Memory Card

^ this is what I want... though anything 2GB and under works.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:49 pm
i got a 2 gig one, its really all you need.  

Xilo The Odd

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:47 pm
I won't get an SD memory card until a card comes out that can hold just as many wii games as my GCN memory card holds and it is still not full.

126Mb baby
768 blocks being used
1271 unused blocks

Unless something like that comes out I won't bother with an SD card. Ill just delete channels if I need some more space. A virtual console game, Wiiware game, Internet channel. Something like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:53 pm
NintendOmega
The wii seriously needs to fix it's saving issues.

I have an SD card, but I still can't use my wii because of big, unmoveable games like Brawl and Animal crossing. cry

Yeh that sucks, you actually can't transfer those games because of their integrated online system, like the unique friends codes and s**t.
But for some reason you can put Mario Strikers Charged on an SD, its online is separate or something. confused  

gutterball29

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:23 am
I got an 8 gig one for Christmas, but it didn't work with the Wii, so I got a 2 gig one. I also have a smaller one that is full and has most of my Wii stuff on. I can't wait for the update to let you play WiiWare and VC games off your SD card! blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:28 pm
Probably annoying doing this, but I have multiple 2 Gig Micro SD Cards. XD But mostly because I use them for other things too, like my cellphone and what not. And my SD Cards are so much better than my USB flash memory drive since it only has 512 MB. ._.;  

Locke Trufeld

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:25 pm
I have enough memory blocks on my Wii hardware, but barely. I bought a 512 MB card just in case.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:49 am
Wiibrew.org has an SD card compatibility chart, but the site's down right now. From what I understand, if you can get your hands on a 4 GB non-SDHC SD card, it'll work with the Wii, but most 4 GB cards are SDHC, so it's hard to find one.

I have a 2 GB card that I use only for homebrew and Guitar Hero and Rock Band DLC.  

GuruGuru214

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:07 am
GuruGuru214
Wiibrew.org has an SD card compatibility chart, but the site's down right now. From what I understand, if you can get your hands on a 4 GB non-SDHC SD card, it'll work with the Wii, but most 4 GB cards are SDHC, so it's hard to find one.

I have a 2 GB card that I use only for homebrew and Guitar Hero and Rock Band DLC.

That was really hard  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:28 am
I have one (Or maybe it's 2) gig. It took it out of my camera which I don't use and take it out of the Wii if I need the camera. 3nodding

Captain Arch

Dapper Dabbler

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:38 pm
Decavolty
GuruGuru214

That was really hard

Hey, I never said how hard. At any rate they're more difficult to come by than the SDHC variety, particularly in stores. Anyway, WiiBrew is back up, so here's that compatibility test.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:19 pm
The Rawk Hawk
Kirbythecreampuff
Syn Angellus
I read somewhere that High Capacity cards and cards more than 2 GB will not work, also.
This.

WHAT? This is the first time I hear this...
I am shocked. eek

This is the tragic flaw of a cheaply made game system cry  

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,025 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:25 pm
1GB SD card is good for my data.