PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:49 pm
I now have a pen pal overload!

* 1 in Austria which is English only
* 1 in France that is French speaking only
* 1 in Australia
* 1 in Denmark with is Danish/English

I found them at: www.interpals.net

* Do you have international penpals?
* What country are they from? What languages do you use?
* How long have you been corresponding? Do you see yourself meeting them someday?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:20 pm
Ooh! I have dozens! blaugh (We email)

6 from Germany: we speak in English and German, and I definitely see myself meeting them all someday. =)

3 from Sweden: we speak in English and a little bit of Swedish, I also see myself meeting them all. ^_^

3 from South Korea: we speak in English, and I want to meet one of them because I have the deepest relationship with them that’s gone on for the longest.

2 from France: we speak in French and English, and I hope to meet them both someday!

2 from Japan: we speak in English because I don’t know nearly enough Japanese yet. Someday I will meet them both.

2 from England: we speak English and practice French. XD I’d like to meet them someday.

2 from Australia: we speak English and I do want to meet them.

2 from Ukraine: we speak in English and French, and maybe I’ll see them someday.

1 from China: we speak in English because I don’t know enough Mandarin yet, I’d like to meet her too!

1 from Russia: we speak in English, because my Russian is strictly limited to simple “phrases” and words for food, random things, and relatives. I really want to meet her.

1 from Norway: we speak in English and hopefully will get to meet each other someday.

1 in Indonesia: we speak in English; she’s really great and fun. I hope to meet her someday.

1 from Estonia: we speak in English, she’s so awesome and fun! I also want to meet her.

1 from New Zealand: we speak English, maybe I’ll meet her too.

1 from the Netherlands

1 from Belgium

1 from Uganda  

Henneth Annun

arenwaru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:48 am
Ja jävlar du... surprised Det är en del du har där! Ofta du håller reda på alla? razz

I don't have any pen pals, especially not through snail mail. razz If I meet someone online, we usually add each other one MSN or Skype. It's easier for me, because I never know what to write about in mails. smile

I have a few friends to chat with from all around the world though. Some from the U.S., too many from the U.K., one Icelander (luv yoo) and two from Israel. Most of whom are members of this guild. Except for the English and a few Americans. I goto see my friends in England every now and then; they love me over there. smile

Anyone wanna chat? biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:06 am
@ XWraith_LordX

Wow, you are the Queen of penpals eek

This lady wants to snail mail, and i need something to do with my time x3  

PiercedPixie2

Kittymutt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:06 pm

Do you have international penpals?

I've had many (probably 50+), but currently only one. sad

What country are they from? What languages do you use?

Mostly Japan, but some from Korea and other random places. For the most part, sadly, English. I have tried to write in Japanese but I am not very far in it and nowhere near fluency.

How long have you been corresponding? Do you see yourself meeting them someday?

Probably about a couple of months. No I don't really see myself meeting him because I know eventually I'll lose contact with him. (haha aren't I such a positive person.)

Btw, does anyone know of any places to find Spanish and/or any other languages sites. So far I've been only using Japanese penpal sites. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:20 pm
I had a Japanese penpal when I was in Middle School. We wrote mostly in english but she wrote in some Japanese. I won't ever get to see her, we lost touch neutral .  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Einllikoach

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:30 am
I have been corresponding via snail mail with a girl from Korea for almost two years already. It is really a great experience that I won't exchange for any cost and which I recommend to anyone.
She is actually intending to come over within a year or two, depending on her studies. That would be funny. þ:

Besides her, I have a few more snail mail pals from Poland, Lithuania, Germany, the Netherlands and Finland. We are corresponding for less than half a year so I am not yet sure if I will have a long lasting contact with them as well (I hope we would).

We correspond in English and exchange our mother languages when we feel like it; accept for my Polish pal, whom I speak Hebrew with (I was trying to write him my own responds in Polish, but it is really bad and limited compared to his Hebrew so I gave it up for now).

Anyway, I assure you you will enjoy snail mailing with that French girl, Amanda!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:48 pm
Einllikoach
I have been corresponding via snail mail with a girl from Korea for almost two years already. It is really a great experience that I won't exchange for any cost and which I recommend to anyone.
She is actually intending to come over within a year or two, depending on her studies. That would be funny. þ:

Besides her, I have a few more snail mail pals from Poland, Lithuania, Germany, the Netherlands and Finland. We are corresponding for less than half a year so I am not yet sure if I will have a long lasting contact with them as well (I hope we would).

We correspond in English and exchange our mother languages when we feel like it; accept for my Polish pal, whom I speak Hebrew with (I was trying to write him my own responds in Polish, but it is really bad and limited compared to his Hebrew so I gave it up for now).

Anyway, I assure you you will enjoy snail mailing with that French girl, Amanda!

Awww, thanks for using my name ^^;;
Want to be pen pals? LOL!

No really, do you?
My husband is going over seas, i need something to do with my time ;_;  

PiercedPixie2

Kittymutt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:28 pm
Yay! I just got a couple of Spanish Penpals. Finally! whee

I've been wanting one for a long time and now I have one. *dances*

Sorry for my craziness. I get excited over these kinds of things and I felt like posting it. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:23 pm
Currently all my penpals are Japanese members at Lang-8.com.
I correct their English and they correct my Japanese.

I do have a Japanese penpal who lives in Germany whom I speak English and Japanese to. I can't get any German out of him.

If you include other guilds I have:

Den Danske Guild (Danish Speakers)
Det Norske Paradis (Norwegian Speakers)
Dalahästen (Swedish Spam Guild)
The Italian Guild (Which I'm no longer active in)

419scambaiterKoko

PiercedPixie2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:09 pm
Koko.Dk
Currently all my penpals are Japanese members at Lang-8.com.
I correct their English and they correct my Japanese.

I do have a Japanese penpal who lives in Germany whom I speak English and Japanese to. I can't get any German out of him.

If you include other guilds I have:

Den Danske Guild (Danish Speakers)
Det Norske Paradis (Norwegian Speakers)
Dalahästen (Swedish Spam Guild)
The Italian Guild (Which I'm no longer active in)

I joined Den Danske Guild~
Like...a week or so ago.
But sadly, i cant really say anything on the really in depth topics. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:02 pm
How exactly do you go about having penpals? I'd love to have one again. How do you all meet these people X0 ?  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

snubsnub

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:52 pm
I think it'd be very interesting having a penpal .. ! I've only had one penpal from Japan , but it didn't last very long.

I really want to get a penpal from France to improve my french (:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:38 pm
apiyo
How exactly do you go about having penpals? I'd love to have one again. How do you all meet these people X0 ?

I met some of mine at www.interpals.com
A nice site and so far i havent gotten any requests for money!  

PiercedPixie2

Emil Keller

Newbie Hunter

350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:54 am
If you do find someone as a penpal, via snail mail. Do you think you could help me find one? I'm learning French (I'll be taking French for the next four years so I wanted to get ahead) And I need a little help^^"  
The Foreign Languages Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff