Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Final Fantasy Freaks Guild
RP #1 ~ Amulets and Guardians (Check First Page for Info!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:05 pm
Phey:"then what are we waiting for!! Let's finds these temples!"
*she says with a great big grin on her face and her tail starting to wag*

"Okay, let's go!" Shu replies with a big grin

Naoko shrugs. "Alright. But do you know where the temples are?"

Silence..

phey: "nope... no clue..."
*she looks down at her amulet and an idea strikes*
Phey: "hmm... think the amulets can tell us?"

"Hmmmmmm...I wouldn't doubt it," Shu replied, "after all, these amulets DID bring us here, and told us about their history....so, why not try and communicate with them again?"

Phey: "okay..."
*phey brings her amulet close to her mouth and whispers the question on where to find it's temple, she pauses, and continues... then stops to lift her head and looks at the group with a worried expression on her face."
Phey:"we might want to go to this amulet's temple last..........."

"What for?" Shuichi responded, unsure of that statement.

"...I'd rather not go to mine," Naoko said quietly.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:10 pm
"???Why??? I don't understand..." Shu said quietly.

"Like I said before, the amulets are the souls of the guardians of old. Some would rather warn their owners than to lead them to a certain death. The temple where my amulet came from....was destroyed 16 years ago during the Melbane massacre. My mother was a priestess there," Naoko explains in a nutshell. "That is the reason why I cannot go. I'm not sure about Phey, though..."

"Oh, well that does explain it..." Shu started, before realizing something. "Wait! If your amulet's temple was destroyed, then how are we supposed to carry out this 'ritual'? Don't we need to go to ALL of them?!"

"The remains are still there from what I remember when I went back home two years before...that was when I learned about this entire prophecy thing..." Naoko answered.

*listening to the long conversation, Shao finally talks*

"Ok I admit that I have been hearing the voices...but I just had to make sure. This was all too overwhelming for me, and I just met someone earlier that puzzled me even more. He told me to find him, he fortold me of the amulet's glow, and he seems to know a lot about me. I just...didn't know whether I can trust you guys, but it seems like you are all in a similar boat. I will join your quest to search for these temples.

My name is Shao"

"It's nice to meet you, Shao."

"So which temple should we go to first? Should we hold out our amulets together and see where it points to?"  

Chibicid
Vice Captain

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:13 pm
"Hmmmm.... that sounds like a good idea, Shao." Shu answered.

Naoko shrugs. "Do what you want. However, I do have one precaution. If you go into any towns, I cannot come with you."

*phey turns to Naoko whit a questioned look on her face*
Phey:"you can't go into towns? why not? are you claustrophobic?"

"Umm..I also....
If you guys go to towns, I can't come with you unless it's nighttime..."

phey: "what? why? are you scared?"
*she says it so mockingly, then turns to shu and her eyes get big and pouty*
Phey:"Shui, do you have a thing about towns too? i don't want to have to go into towns alone during the day."

"I'm sorry it's just that...*sigh*...if I'm going to be acquainted with you people I suppose you will eventually find out. Please don't be alarmed.

As you can see from my headband and face mask, I have most of my face covered. That's because I am a wanted man. I used to be an elite ninja however I was one day exiled for reasons I do not even know of. Now I am nothing more than a common theif...I have been chased after for as long as I can remember. I have been travelling in stealth for many years and it is because of my experience as a ninja that I have been abe to escape from danger so far. There are wanted posters of me everywhere in most of the towns, that's why I cannot just waltz around town."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:17 pm
Phey:"oooh... "
*phey looks down regreting mocking him and looks up in hope of lightening up the mood*
Phey: "i'll tear down any wanted poster i see of you"
*a wide smile appears on her face as she looks up at Shao*

"Yea, I'll do the same," Shuichi said, grinning, and added, "I have no problem with towns. As a matter of fact, I kinda like being social, and towns are perfect for that."

After some time pondering, Naoko smiles at Phey.

"No, I don't mind travelling with you all, it's just that...my eyes tend to disturb others and I am one of the few surviving Melbane villagers as well. I'm afraid I'm going to just cause trouble for you if I go into the towns...not that many people like the Melbane."

*phey attempts to see Naoko's eyes, but decides that it might be better that she not look*
Phey: "if we go into town, you can always just close your eyes and pretend that you're blind... at least until we find sunglasses or something."
*phey looks up into the tress to see that it's starting to get bright and smiles*
Phey:"it's morning."

Naoko smiles again at Phey's concern.

"It's all right. The cloak suits me better," she replies and puts on her cloak, lowering the hood so that it covers her eyes. "Shao and I can wait for you at the inn. As long as we are not seen face to face, I think it'll be alright..."

I hope she thinks.

She casts a glance up towards the sun, and closes her eyes, concentrating.

"There should be a town nearby here..." she says in a half whisper.

Phey:"then let's go! no use wasting our time here.... so where is the next town?"  

Chibicid
Vice Captain

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:21 pm
"Thanx a lot guys smile
I was a bit scared about telling you guys because I thought you guys would avoid me after I've told you, but now I know you are all valuable friends.
I feel more confident about going to town now. I suppose if I keep my face mask and hair band on and the townspeople do not get suspicious I won't have much problem.
Let's go!"

"Would it be all right if I made a little shortcut?" Naoko asks and whispers in her native tongue a spell. Bright kanji circles around the group of four and they disappear out of the forest....

eek whoa...where did we go? Did you use magic again?
Hey Naoko, are you a Summoner?

"Me, a summoner? smile No...but I am from that area which you speak of," Naoko replies. "We're just outside of the town...what ever it's name may be..."

She pulls her hood closer to her face so that her new comrades would not see the shift in her eyes.

*glances at her suspiciously*
"You DO look a bit familiar...reminds me of someone I once knew...

but anyway all I've been able to is a simple 'flee' or 'vanishing' spell...never teleporting such a big group to somewhere far...and by the looks of it, we are pretty far away from the forest..."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:26 pm
*for a while phey stands speechless and marvels at how well the spell went and then realizes where she is*

Phey: "I think i know this place! Rohing, i think.... lots of rich folks travelled through here.
yep... good pickings..."
*the smile on her face widens as she remembers the good 'ol days*

Naoko glances at Phey curiously, ignoring the oncoming headache from her eye shift.

"...Rich people?"

"Rohing eh? We ARE pretty far then...phew..
So what's the first plan?"

Shuichi hears that comment about summoner's and remains absolutely quiet, avoiding all attention. He soon realized that they were in a different place entirely and instantly recognized the spell that Naoko cast. That spell... Shuichi thought, stunned that ANY one of the people he newly met could use a teleport spell. I REMEMBER that spell! Not from her, but someone else...hmmmm... Finally, he dropped the thought, and said "Alright everyone! I say we go in and look for the Inn!"

"Which inn? There are a lot in Rohing..."

And a lot of people....this doesn't feel like my day...

"Any Inn will do, it's best not to stay in the open for too long.."

"That's true, why don't we just find the easiest one to access?" Naoko suggests and she hesitantly walks towards the town.

"I agree. If there's more than one, then the nearest one should be fine." Shuichi said, and started following Naoko.  

Chibicid
Vice Captain

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:32 pm
Phey: "an inn? hmm... i think there's one near the entrance of the town... it's a small place.. kind of a dump... and it's in the second story of a tavern."
*Phey scrunches her face a little to show her disgust in the place but tried not to completely gag...*
Phey: "I remember the owner there smells really bad, but usually doesn't care what his costumers do as long as he gets paid..."
*phey pauses for a moment and turns to Naoko with a small look of sly pity*
Phey: "...and he has a thing for pretty girls..."

Naoko shrugs. "Then we can get a cheaper rate to stay." She carefully shows her katana.

"If he tries to pull anything, he won't be seeing the next day."

The gang enters Rohing.

*Phey smiles and feels relieved to hear Naoko say that. As they enter Rohing Phey looks around and spots the old brick inn two houses down and on the right and she slumps a little at the sight of it.*
Phey: "there it is..."
*she points to it and turns to the others to see if they spot the building*

Naoko carefully avoids letting her hood rise from its original place just over her eyes to gaze at the building that Phey has pointed to.

Then a question arised in her mind.

"Phey...how do you know of this town?"

"And it sounds to me that you are familiar with the owner of this inn..."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:38 pm
*phey looks down at her feet*
Phey: "well... about 6 years ago my parents were murdered ... and the people in my village avoided me like the plague..."
*Phey started to clench her fists, but avoided showing her emotions on her face by grinning*
Phey:"... after about a year i left and started travelling. this was one of the first towns i came to. I couldn't get work so i became a thief... that's how i found out about how rich the travallers here were."
*she looked up at the inn and her smile disappeared*
Phey:"And that smelly innkeeper use to catch me and take my stuff for his own greedy self!!"
*she took a couple angry steps toward the inn and waved her fist at it*
Phey:"ARG! I hate that greedy old fart!! scream "

*she turned around to the group and her smile came back slyly*
Phey: "i use to set traps in his inn as payback.... i'm sure he's tripped them all by now." wink

"Hmm...interesting..."

For some odd reason, her amulet glows beneath her hood, and hers alone. She glances down at it curiously and hides the glow with her hand so the townspeople do not see it.

Dangers...

Phey: *sigh* "i hope that innkeeper doesn't recognize me."
*her head hangs low and her shoulders slump, she doesn't notice the glow emitting from Naoko as she starts toward the inn more slowly.*

"Ah, so that's it..." Shuichi comments, "Well, if there's a problem, then maybe it would be best to find another Inn..." Shu also missed the glowing amulet, but had a strange feeling nonetheless..."If worse comes to worse, I guess you could cover your face as well." Shu added, trying to avoid laughing at the idea of four strangers with covered faces coming into town. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out we are out-of-towners THEN, considering how obvious we'd look. It's bad enough that half of us have to do that anyway. Being an adventurer, I know how people react to that sort of thing... He thought, stopping and looking at Shao and Naoko. Then, he turned his attention to Phey, and thought Poor Phey. It's a shame that she has troubles with towns as well. I guess everyone has their dark secrets...I was kinda hoping this wouldn't happen...Just so long as we don't go there, I should be fine, though we are pretty close... Finally, Shu decided to stop thinking about possible problems and continued walking with everyone else.

*Seeing everyone occupied with deep thoughts Shao tries to take their minds of troubles...*

"Hey Rohing looks big and fun. Phey you'd have to show us around this place at nighttime 3nodding "

Chibicid
Vice Captain

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:43 pm
Naoko remains silent as she continues concentrating on the voice in her amulet while walking along with her comrades.

You must not be here.

Why? Why can't I?

You're different, my child. You know what happens if you cannot control it.

You're wrong...I can control it...I'll show you.

How? By letting them see what the power does?

She ignores the other warnings that her "voice" is about to say, shutting it off from her mind as she says, opening her eyes.

"Nighttime...that would be a good idea..."

She sees another inn nearby, its bright doors and dark pillars a contrasting appearance to the light. Something compells her to investigate.

"How about this inn, everyone?"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:44 pm
Naoko remains silent as she continues concentrating on the voice in her amulet while walking along with her comrades.

You must not be here.

Why? Why can't I?

You're different, my child. You know what happens if you cannot control it.

You're wrong...I can control it...I'll show you.

How? By letting them see what the power does?

She ignores the other warnings that her "voice" is about to say, shutting it off from her mind as she says, opening her eyes.

"Nighttime...that would be a good idea..."

She sees another inn nearby, its bright doors and dark pillars a contrasting appearance to the light. Something compells her to investigate.

"How about this inn, everyone?"

Phey:"show you around? sure!"
*phey turns her attention to the inn Naoko mentioned.*
Phey:"hmm... i don't remember that place ever being there. it's gotta be new. people must've gotten tired of staying in that dump."
*she thumb points to the older inn and couldn't help but smile at the thought of that mean innkeeper losing money.*
Phey: "do you wanna stay at the new inn? I'm kinda curious to see how much better it is."

"Sure why not...it looks nice. And if we need any more gil I can always swipe some from your 'friend' over there"
*looks toward direction of Phey's thumb*

Shao looks up to the just-darkened sky...
He thinks to himself.
'Hmmm...the moon seems a little bit TOO round tonight...but maybe I'm just being over-cautious...'

*phey liked the idea of stealing from that rotten innkeeper and noticed Shao look at the moon, so she looked up too*
Phey: *thinking to herself* what is he looking at? the moon? ....hmm.... whatever.
*she shrugs and starts walking toward the new inn, when she suddenly hears the voice...*
Voice: "it'll happen again..."
*phey looks at the others to see if they heard it... apparently not. She reaches into her pocket for the amulet and felt it's surface, which was now usually cold*
Voice: "it will happen again..."
*the voice stops and Phey continues walking to the inn, paying no attention to it's warning.*

Chibicid
Vice Captain

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:53 pm
Naoko and the others enter in the Inn and are warmly greeted by the inn's "mistress", a woman who seems to look young like them but her eyes tell a different story.

"Hello, welcome to the Musashi Inn!" The woman greets her new customers. "How many rooms and nights will you be staying?"

Naoko stays in the background, covering her eyes. She senses an unusual aura all around her. Something's wrong with this place...

*As they walked into the inn and were greeted by the innkeeper, the hairs on Phey's tail stood on end... something's out of place. She paid it no mind, thinking it was just the cold surface of her amulet, but then she smelled something very faint in the air. it was vaguely familiar, but she couldn't figure out what it was... now this was irritating her.*

Phey: *thinking to herself* what's that smell? i know it... but from where? *sniff sniff* what is it?!

*phey crept behind the others and poked her head out the doorway to make sure the smell wasn't coming out elsewhere...*

Shao turns to the others
"mmm how many rooms do we need? I think I'm gonna go walk around and scout for the night (I just never get a feeling we're safe) so I don't really need a room.

Luxator
*getting up from the floor, Luxator, the village cleric, notices that his prayers were in vain as he found out that the mayor's wife, Lynn, passed away moments ago. After hours of praying, Luxator heads to his room at the Musashi Inn in hopes of making a new friend or maybe even travelling with a troupe. To no avail, there is no vacancy at the inn. Luxator then waits outside of the inn doors, in hopes of finding a companion for the evening.

*phey pokes her head out the doorway of the inn and closes her eyes, lifting her nose to the air and sniffing. Nope. the smell is definitly coming from inside, though something out here does smell good. before she ducks back in she notices a man beside the door.*
Phey: *thinking to herself* hmm... he looks like he's waiting for someone. is he what smells nice? .... *then other things came to her mind* .... he looks quite wealthy...ahh ahh... "ACHOO!!"

"You okay, Phey?"

*starts sniffing the air*....hmmmm
*turns to the man who just entered...remains in the corner and watches his actions, not letting his gaurd down*

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:58 pm
Luxator
*Hello, young one care to have a cleric as a roommate for a night or two?

*phey focuses on the man, still a bit untrusting, and also disappointed that he's a cleric since she can't very well steal from such a respected person. She takes a step toward him.*
Phey: "hmm... i dunno...what's your name?"

Luxator
**thinking to self* Hmmm, no reponse, either she doesn'y understand this language or she is deaf.

No matter, I shall sleep in the lobby. Casting my Sleep spell on myself should be enough until tomorrow morning. I can use my handy Tent and cast Wall on myself to ensure my nocturnal safety.

*Bright white auras fill the room*

Until...tomorrow...Good night all........Peace.....be...with..............zzzzzzzz.

Chibicid
Vice Captain

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:01 am
Rubicant
*Rubicant looks about him... only trees and the spring below him are visible, but he senses more...*

'Give me back what is mine fool!'
*Rubicant chuckles as he hears 3... no, 4 men running through the woods.*
'You'll need many more than 3 lackeys to take it back Mik... You are foolish to underestimate me...'
*Rubicant pulls the wakashashi at his back out of it's sheath an inch. The three silent men rush forward at this action, yelling into the night. All three fall to the ground in quick succesion, the grass trampled all around them, blood pouring from their bodies, and Rubicant, still standing at the spring, a drop of blood dripping from the inch of blade exposed on his wakashashi. Rubicant sheathes the small sword back and turns toward Mik's voice.*
'Coming?'
*Mik, obviously flustered charges with his rapier drawn. Rubicant sidesteps and trips Mik who goes flying face first into a tree. As he turns Rubicant stands only an inch from his face. Startled, Mik falls back against the trunk and begins begging for his life, whimpering and crying frantically. Rubicant sighs*
'If you weren't so fun to torment... you'd have been gone long ago... *Rubicant chuckles and turns. Mik reaches down to his boot and takes a dagger from it, Rubicant swiftly turns and slices his arm in a blur and begins to walk off again, a spurt of blood shoots from Mik's arm socket, a tensed left hand and arm lying on the ground next to him. Rubicant dissapears into the woods and only Mik's sobbing can be heard as he picks up his arm and limps away.*

*Later that evening Rubicant stands on the walls of a grand city, Rohing. His eyes are focused on an Inn near the enterance. He thinks to himself: 'Fools... Without Mik's artifact, it doesn't matter how many of them there are or how many temples they visit. It won't matter what they do, until they can rip this precious treasure from my hand...' Rubicant turns, smirks and jumps away from Rohing. A thud is heard and a whoosh of air follows....*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:05 am
*as the cleric sleeps, phey turns to shao, feeling a bit confused about this man and makes a facial exspesion like 'what just happened'. she then turns to join the other two in getting a room when she suddenly gets a strange feeling that she's being watched.... but she decides to just shrug it off.*

I remain silent the whole time. I wonder what is taking the others too so long to get a room. I tell the others that he's going to walk around the main floor and go off...

I walk far off to a lounge where there are a few people just about to leave. I turn my head towards them everytime one of them laughs. Ijust can't get a feeling of suspicion off his mind. I wait until the people leave and takes out the amulet from his pocket...it's growing dimly. Is it the amulet making me feel like this? Suddenly he hears a voice.

"SOON....."

Rubicant
*Rubicant continues putting distance between himself and the adventurers. As he looks about he wonders to himself why he has not reached his destination, he has been walking for hours, yet, he's still in a light forest that sprouted up south of the medow by Rohing. Rubicant walks for a few minutes longer, noticing a snapped twig on the ground infront of him. He immediatly drops to a ready stance and draws his wakashashi. Seeing no other marks of recent inhabitance, he procedes cautiously foreward... minutes later he comes across another twig, snapped on the ground below him. 'What is going on here!' he wonders to himself... He turns and steps back toward Rohing, in seconds he sees the medow.*

'What in the name of Chemosh! I must've been going in circles? No... Magic is behind this...'

*Rubicant jumps up into one of the trees and sits on a branch in meditation, planning his next move...*

Luxator
*wakes up in a daze*

Woooo....That was some night. Guess I put too much into that spell. Well, time to start my prayers again.

*gets up, brushes himself off, waves goodbye to the locals at the inn, and heads back to The Holy Apistolic Church of St. Cloud.*

Todays prayers are going to require lots of time and meditation. Anyone who wants to stop by and pray with me may do so with extreme silence. One day, I will find a cure for that damn disease plaguing the region. Farewell, all.

Chibicid
Vice Captain

Chibicid
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:09 am
"I guess....four separate rooms?" Naoko tells the innkeeper, careful to not let her eyes show. The innkeeper looks at her curiously, then at the others, but only smiles.

"Alright, four rooms it is! That would be around 500 gold per night!" the innkeeper says, but accidentally glimpses at Naoko's eyes, suddenly afraid. "Um...no, no....that would be 1500 gold...."

Naoko frowns and glances back at her companions. I knew this would happen...

"I'm not going to do anything, Miss," Naoko explains. "All we're looking for is a place to stay."

She could have sworn she saw a flash in the innkeeper's eyes for a brief moment.

"I don't want ANY Melbane people in this inn, you understand me?!?" the innkeeper demands. "And if you DO want to stay, you'll have to pay my price."

Naoko grits her teeth. Her mother's voice whispers to her...

Do you sense it? The smell of blood?

Naoko's powers, her "element" as she calls it, starts to feel the pain of the void....

Kohki
This is my first time RP-ing in a forum^_^;;, but I hope I do well. Hi, all!

"I'll pay the 500 gold." says Baikasu, as he approaches the counter, then drops 500 gold into the innkeeper's hand.
"What, are you deaf? I said 1,500 gold! This won't cover the four of them!" says the innkeeper, while he starts to get really red in the face.
" I recall you saying 500 before you saw her eyes. Now, they aren't going to do anything wrong, they just need a placee to stay the nignt. I think that it would be very wise to let them stay the night. Otherwise..." He shifts his weight, reveiling his katana, " you will have more pressing matters than how much gold you can swindle."
The innkeeper looks at the sword, gulps, then says, " I guess they canstay for 500 gold."
"Very wise decision." Says Baikasu, then he walks to a corner and leans against the wall, in such a position that he won't be seen from the street.

Naoko glances at the newcomer, wondering how he had arrived. The unsettling feeling in the pit of her stomach begins to worsen; she can't control her powers any longer with this aura around them.

"I'm going to go out for a walk," Naoko says to Phey before quickly exiting the inn.

Before she exits, though, she casts a glimpse at the new person sitting in the corner, her eyes narrowed with suspicion.

I've seen him somewhere before...

The Final Fantasy Freaks Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces