Which was harder?
  Water Temple
  Gerudo Training Ground
  Ugh, they were both a pain in the a**
  Training wha? I don't remember...
View Results

wariodude128

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:14 pm
I find it amazing how no one here ever gets tired of talking about the water temple in Ocarina of time. The one thing I haven't seen much talked about though is the Gerudo training ground in it. Of the two, I found the training ground to be a lot harder than the water temple due to time limits, invisible holes in a wall, use of the song of time, a rotating circular platform which you stood on while you shot the eyes of some statue and finding all those damned keys. Not to mention that you pretty much had to have every single item from every temple to go the whole way through. For those of you who have done both and got every key, I ask you: Which was harder to finish?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:20 pm
Although the Gerudo training grounds are still a pain in the a**, I didnt need help getting through it. It's pretty straightforward, and its based on skill rather than problem solving (for the most part).
The water temple, however, is a whole different story- You don't know where you're supposed to go next unless you pay close attention to the map. Which I never did at a young age..  

vidjagames

Owwin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:21 pm
I never thought the water temple was very hard. Gerudo training ground is much more formidable.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:57 pm
vidjagames
Although the Gerudo training grounds are still a pain in the a**, I didnt need help getting through it. It's pretty straightforward, and its based on skill rather than problem solving (for the most part).
The water temple, however, is a whole different story- You don't know where you're supposed to go next unless you pay close attention to the map. Which I never did at a young age..
I was young... I took me 7 years to beat the water temple. I'm not even joking. confused  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:32 pm
I haven't ever gotten to the Water Temple. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:13 pm
I only recently beat the water temple, I finally figured out that I had to PUSH the block on the bottom floor instead of pulling it sweatdrop

I would have beat the gerudo training grounds if not for the fact that I opened the wrong doors so I ran out of keys before getting the chest gonk I tried it before getting to the spirit temple  

teh_n00b_huntr

Zylo Allouette

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:28 pm
Owwin
I never thought the water temple was very hard. Gerudo training ground is much more formidable.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:34 pm
the Lord Zylo
Owwin
Don't copy me! GO AWAY!  

Owwin

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:53 pm
Gerudo Training grounds can be quite hard if you get in there before you have all the equipment needed xD

I used the air boots to get at some of the stuff that requires the long shot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:18 pm
Owwin

Waynebrizzle

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:21 pm
teh_n00b_huntr
I would have beat the gerudo training grounds if not for the fact that I opened the wrong doors so I ran out of keys before getting the chest gonk I tried it before getting to the spirit temple

I did that one time. It was made worse because I was saving as I went. D:

Personally, I'd say the Gerudo Training Ground is harder. The Water Temple has a few really difficult things to remember, and then you're fine. The training grounds have a lot more room to mess up, even if you've beaten it before.

xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Gerudo Training grounds can be quite hard if you get in there before you have all the equipment needed xD

I agree, but how did you get the Hover Boots before the Longshot?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:22 pm
Owwin

LifelessFawkes

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:27 am
Zephyrkitty
teh_n00b_huntr

Personally, I'd say the Gerudo Training Ground is harder. The Water Temple has a few really difficult things to remember, and then you're fine. The training grounds have a lot more room to mess up, even if you've beaten it before.

xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx

I'm afraid I do not remember much anymore , I remember getting the hook shot before the long shot...my gaming sessions were usually played from 12am-5/6am this was when I was 15 mind you that was four years ago ^^;  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:33 am
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Zephyrkitty
teh_n00b_huntr

xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx

I'm afraid I do not remember much anymore , I remember getting the hook shot before the long shot...my gaming sessions were usually played from 12am-5/6am this was when I was 15 mind you that was four years ago ^^;

Well of course you got the hookshot before the longshot. IT'S THE FIRST ITEM YOU GET WHEN YOU'RE AN ADULT. IT'S WHAT YOU USE TO GET INTO THE FOREST TEMPLE. Air boots=hover boots. Having hover boots before getting longshot from water temple=confusion. hover boots=you get from shadow temple. Unless somebody was using a gameshark or something like that, that is how things are supposed to work.  

wariodude128

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:24 pm
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Zephyrkitty
teh_n00b_huntr

xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx

I'm not surprised. The Longshot is an improved version of the Hookshot, and you can't even get to the Longshot without the Hookshot.

If you figure out how you did it, tell me. Getting the Hover Boots before the Longshot sounds like a fun excuse to play OoT again.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff