Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Wiccan Marriage? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Handfasting or "til death" style. which would you pick?
  Handfast
  "Til death" wedding
View Results

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:41 pm
im just loving the idea of being a husband and a father later in life. redface  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:50 pm
Witchyboy I'm just the same!!

As soon as I'm earning I want to settle down with my Other Half and have babies.

1-3 girls, Daisy, Rose and Bella

1-2 boys, Joseph and Thomas

OOOOO excited  

doistu

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:41 pm
I feel like an unromatic b***h, but I'm looking forward to the more pragmatic aspects, like the tax breaks, power-of-attorney/next-of-kin, health insurance, etc...

But...I'm one who supports making marriage a non-legal contract and a purely religious one.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:57 pm
I personally don't see the point in such a ceremony from a romantic standpoint. In fact to my mind it's utterly counter to the strength of a relationship. If the guy really loves and trusts me, why would I feel the need to legally make sure he can't get away? Seems wrong to me. And why have a ceremony that's public? Anything I want to say, I want to say in private. It's no one's business but ours.

The only point to marriage, therefore, would be the tax breaks and legal rights it would give.

And of course I would rather stab myself in the uterus than have children wink  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Aryain Flames

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:33 pm
I would do a handfasting first, then if i still wanted to be with that other person, i would have a "till death" marrige  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:17 pm
I could care less about tax breaks, hell i know a few women up here who got married and pregnant just to get the breaks and the couldnt give less then a rats a** about there kids! Ive seen kids wandering the street at ten at night and these kids arent out of kindergarten yet! i think the breaks are a bad idea.  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Clair Fay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:05 pm
WitchyBoy

Lol Oh believe me, I'm WELL aware. I can't say my views differ, though.

WitchyBoy
I could care less about tax breaks, hell i know a few women up here who got married and pregnant just to get the breaks and the couldnt give less then a rats a** about there kids! Ive seen kids wandering the street at ten at night and these kids arent out of kindergarten yet! i think the breaks are a bad idea.

Okay, I've never seen or heard of that. Strangely, though, I don't doubt it in the least. As to the tax breaks, I know about them, but they matter about the same as a grain of sand as far as I'm concerned (and I live in the desert!)

Ultraviolett1127
I feel like an unromatic b***h, but I'm looking forward to the more pragmatic aspects, like the tax breaks, power-of-attorney/next-of-kin, health insurance, etc...

Don't, it's what makes us unique, our different views, just so long as you go for it all in good heart and mind and not selfishly and soly for these reasons (not saying you would).  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:43 am
Clair Fay
WitchyBoy

Lol Oh believe me, I'm WELL aware. I can't say my views differ, though.

WitchyBoy

Okay, I've never seen or heard of that. Strangely, though, I don't doubt it in the least. As to the tax breaks, I know about them, but they matter about the same as a grain of sand as far as I'm concerned (and I live in the desert!)

Ultraviolett1127

Don't, it's what makes us unique, our different views, just so long as you go for it all in good heart and mind and not selfishly and soly for these reasons (not saying you would).

well really i dont care it depends on what the persons feels wether its right or wrong really i dont think its wrong but some people do it just all depends on the person.  

ristua

2,200 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:54 pm
true enough...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:27 pm
Clair Fay

Ultraviolett1127

LOL I just felt out of place with all the romantic-y talk of marriage/hand-fasting xd .

As I said before, my honey isn't a spiritual person, so spiritual/religious aspects of a wedding are not going to have too much priority. And really, if our state (Ohio) hadn't gotten rid of common law marriages, I'm sure we would have just endured the time period before one could claim CL marriage (if that makes sense).  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:47 pm
to each there own  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:17 pm
Sanguina-chan
Handfasting takes two forms.

One is the "year and a day" deal. After this trial period, you don't renew "year and a day" - you renew for life.

You can do a lifetime one from the outset if you'd choose to. You can also do a "past the veil of death" sort of one but that's really serious. You wouldn't be getting rid of them wink

My husband and I are handfast eternally, in that manner. We had a very traditional handfasting, if you ignore the part where he caught fire.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games