Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Coming out of the Wiccan Closet Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:55 pm
Aryain Flames
If you dont want to tell your parents, then dont! my parents know im wiccan, but i'd never tell my grandparents 'cause they're very stricktly christain.

good call good call...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:41 pm
^_____^
Ah, it would appear I'm not the only one with this issue.

My parents arent the strict Catholic kind [Although, they are Catholic], more like the prying and nosy kind, but I wont test them by telling them I'm neo-pagan.

;3 My suggestion is this:
Dont be secretive, jumpy; Dont give away the fact you're keeping something from them.
If you're caught, play it cool. Come up with explanations for things before you do something, so if you're caught, you're prepared before hand.

Thats how I get by. My mom is suspicious by nature, but by pretending I'm not hiding anything, I get her to keep her distance.

If you let on you're hiding something, they'll catch you quick.
So before you do rituals, spells, anything that might make your parents sense somethings up, come up with something BEFORE you start as to explain what you are doing. If you cant think of something to tell them that they might believe, perhaps you should rethink your ritual. ;]

But I'll warn you, you cant hide it forever ;3
I'd give you advice on how to tell them, but heyyy I havent dont it yet either, so I wouldnt know.

Well, I hope this helps. It's worked for me, so far.
<3 Good luck!  

Ellisari

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:59 pm
This thread might be relevant to your interests.
Well, some of it anyways. Give it a read if you have the chance.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:39 am
For what it's worth, I'm 32 and have never and will never come out of the broom closet to those family members who I am certain would not understand. As others have said, it's none of their business anyway. More importantly to me, it would cause irreconcilable and imo frankly pointless strife with them, because there would be no possible resolution to it.

It is mildly disappointing that they would never be able to accept that part of me, but I do -not- require their complete and unconditional acceptance of every aspect of who I am to live my life. So I've been perfectly happy to remain strategically silent over the years, and I'm gonna keep doing the same thing since it's worked so well so far. XD  

Mirenithil

9,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

GoddessAmaya

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:29 am
thats so true  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:00 pm
if you can come out go for it, if not stay hidden, if it works it works.  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

IceQueenMizore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:35 pm
crying crying crying (crying tears of problem recognition) That is my exact problem, except my parents are Pastors  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:53 pm
i was alittle freaked to tell my father. my mother not so much. she is very understanding and we are so much alike. she was learning about wicca at my age. when i told her about me learning about wicca,she gave me her old wicca book she had when she was young. she didnt freak. she used to me being,different. im gay and am the fruitiest person shes ever met. i want to start shaving my legs. [for those who didnt know,im actually a guy with a girl avi.] when i told my father,he said wicca was a game and not a real religion. he finally got used to the fact that i am wiccan and he cant do anything about it. i guess im sorta lucky. but,you shouldnt let your parents get in the way of what you believe in.  

Bad Quality Serena

Captain Cockblock

Newbie Cat

8,000 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Rally Tyro 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm
Unfortunately, I know exactly what you mean. My family is the exact same way, and since I live with my grandmother, it's a lot harder. I felt the same way for the longest time, but since my grandmother loves gardening, i've connected with her through that way. I'm still slowly letting it slide out about my religion. She found one of my books a while back, but never said anything to me. I suppose what i'm trying to say is... just slowly ease it out on them. One at a time though. Both things at once may get you banned from any link to life (believe me doll, i've seen it happen.) I suppose the wiccian thing can come out first, but the bisexual thing should probably come out when you're more independent and able to stand on your own feet rather than lean on them.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games