Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Witch..crafting?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MidnightLetter
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:10 am
So...for those of you who are in to the "craft" aspect of witchcraft, what are your favorite things to do? Do you like working with herbs, crystals, making potions, amulets, charms, etc... Have you always wanted to - but never had the chance? Do you follow the correspondence tables as if they were gospel?...or Do you go with your "gut" on certain things? Discuss your thoughts, techniques, etc...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:17 pm
Appears I'm first...

Personally, my favourite thing to work with is herbs, but my secondary is crystal and gem magick. Generally, though, I never follow books as if it were a gospel as you say, I generally take it's six pence and then use my own intuition and ideas and if I have the "gut" feeling to use one herb and not the other, I generally do that, granted I check what it's primarily for first. Regardless, though, I generally use it anyhow.  

Clair Fay

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:48 pm
Often times im a maker of things, crafting tool of the trade if you will, like wands or athames or staffs, pentacles, etc. Using markings and symbols to my advantage as well as stones and the like as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:07 pm
I love herbs and potions closely followed by amulets and charms. I'm not so much into crystals though i still tend to use them a lot just no where near as much as i use herbs
Overall my favorite would have to be herbs there are sooo many ways to use herbs and soo much you can learn about them xd  

Esselean

Tipsy Fairy

11,225 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

AiRune

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:02 pm
I craft normal stuff with infusions of correspondences.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:55 pm
Does anyone work with essential oils? Do you know if they go bad after a certain period of time?  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Starlock

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:37 am
too2sweet
Does anyone work with essential oils? Do you know if they go bad after a certain period of time?

They usually keep for quite a long time if you store them properly and don't contaminate them. Keep them stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and when you remove any oil from the bottle, try not to touch the nozzle with your hands or get any sort of debris and such on it. If you're making a blend, the container you mix in should be clean too; but if you're blending you will probably be using it up within a year anyway, right?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:17 pm
a personal favorite of mine is crafting runes, what about you guys?  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Dellanora

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:21 pm
crafting as in like making things? i prefer working in divination, with lots of intuition! =). (although i do refer to books and such from time to time. i find that trusting my guts is much more...reliable?)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:55 pm
intuition is always good.  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Aryain Flames

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:07 am
Starlock
too2sweet

They usually keep for quite a long time if you store them properly and don't contaminate them. Keep them stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and when you remove any oil from the bottle, try not to touch the nozzle with your hands or get any sort of debris and such on it. If you're making a blend, the container you mix in should be clean too; but if you're blending you will probably be using it up within a year anyway, right?

after long periods of time, they may get cloudy. then you want to replace them.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:35 pm
no oils up here... crying  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Clair Fay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:02 am
WitchyBoy
no oils up here... crying

Why don't you just make some? Surely you have fresh plants up there.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:51 pm
not in the winter time...  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games