Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Otherkin and Therians Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

r u an otherkin/therian?
  Yes! >^.^<
  no... :P
View Results

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:10 pm
WitchyBoy

well i was brought in for testing and found "clean" so i know im not special needs but i also know im indigo.

And how do you know that, exactly?

The symptoms for being an indigo child are exactly the same as those for having ADD. The symptoms for being a crystal child are the same as early stages of autism.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:54 am
Originally (mind you this was about 6 or so years ago) Indigos were children who were often misunderstood, loners, extremely intelligent or artistic, had trouble fitting in socially, acted much older than their actual age (like they were old souls), among other things. I wish I could find the book I had. While I do remember something linking kids who were diagnosed ADHD with it, it was more in a positive way - that they weren't problem kids to be "dealt" with. There were several different "profiles" though - Devin fit one of them almost to a T. But it was one of those "oh...that's interesting" things and only served to make me a bit more tolerant (only just slightly) when he's being a brat. It certainly wouldn't negate me getting him help/treatment if I thought he needed it for something.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:45 pm
Oh, don't get me wrong. Most kids with ADD are fantastic kids. I knew a guy who had it at school. He was a great guy and actually did quite well at school, he just had problems sitting still and focusing. Every so often the teacher would let him run a lap around the field.

I don't mean to imply that kids with ADD need the same kind of help as those with autism. In fact many of them do quite well on their own, but it really does help all concerned to do their best for the kid if they're aware of what's going on. Teachers can make allowances for different ways in which they could teach them, etc. I read something an actor or an author wrote at some point... I forget who he was, but anyway, he was saying that he was reading something about ADD and he suddenly realised that that's what he had, that's why school was a struggle for him growing up. He'd gotten fair grades but there was always something a bit wrong and just knowing what it was was such a boon for him.

After all, all kids have a tendency to be brats at times. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:04 pm
Sanguina-chan
WitchyBoy

well i was brought in for testing and found "clean" so i know im not special needs but i also know im indigo.

The symptoms for being an indigo child are exactly the same as those for having ADD. The symptoms for being a crystal child are the same as early stages of autism.

i was tested for both of those and came out negative for both, but my indigoness was still there.  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:36 pm
WitchyBoy
Sanguina-chan
WitchyBoy

i was tested for both of those and came out negative for both, but my indigoness was still there.

So, if the symptoms of ADD are the same as those for indigo kids, and you have no symptoms of ADD, why would you be an indigo kid?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:55 pm
Sanguina-chan
WitchyBoy
Sanguina-chan
WitchyBoy

So, if the symptoms of ADD are the same as those for indigo kids, and you have no symptoms of ADD, why would you be an indigo kid?

well for one i know all my past lives without any real training and i have the high empathy and loner tendencies along with highly artistic.  

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:55 pm
WitchyBoy

well for one i know all my past lives without any real training and i have the high empathy and loner tendencies along with highly artistic.

So? Most loners have artistic qualities and quite a few artists have loner tendencies.

What scale are you using to define your empathy as "high"? How old are you? (Most teenagers have strong empathic tendencies anyway.)

What "training" are you talking about here? What does past life knowledge have to do with being an indigo child?

I swear this indigo thing is absolute bollocks. I thought that even before I knew that evil b***h Doreen Virtue (********) invented them to make money.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:07 am
So what is an otherwhatsit? Or an indigo?

I hate being a newbie.  

The Amazing Jabels

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:29 pm
Sanguina-chan
WitchyBoy

So? Most loners have artistic qualities and quite a few artists have loner tendencies.

What scale are you using to define your empathy as "high"? How old are you? (Most teenagers have strong empathic tendencies anyway.)

What "training" are you talking about here? What does past life knowledge have to do with being an indigo child?

I swear this indigo thing is absolute bollocks. I thought that even before I knew that evil b***h Doreen Virtue (********) invented them to make money.

indigos are born knowing who they are, in this life and the last, most people have to work hard too find there past lives. im twenty years old and my empathy is high because i can look at someone and automatically tell whats up with them. and no most loners say they are artistic to explain why they are misunderstood.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:30 am
@ WitchyBoy

I don't mean to be rude, but I would really appreciate it if you took some time to learn basic English so I can understand you. Thank you.  

The Amazing Jabels

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:40 pm
The Amazing Jabels
@ WitchyBoy

I don't mean to be rude, but I would really appreciate it if you took some time to learn basic English so I can understand you. Thank you.

I dont get what you mean that is english, are you talking about the lack of capitalization?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:51 am
WitchyBoy
The Amazing Jabels
@ WitchyBoy

I dont get what you mean that is english, are you talking about the lack of capitalization?
I refer to your lack of grammar in general.  

The Amazing Jabels

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:54 pm
Its the internet, it doesnt matter if my grammar's not that good.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:16 pm
WitchyBoy
With all due respect, some of your posts are hard to read.  

The Amazing Jabels

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:21 pm
The Amazing Jabels
WitchyBoy
With all due respect, some of your posts are hard to read.

sorry if there hard to read.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games