Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
handparting

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bluekerbe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:23 pm
i have a friend that did a trad wedding long time ago and they did a handfasting but there was 2 rope and one was black..she has tried looking everywhere for handparting..

she divorced her husband but he still loves her and she doesn't.
she just wants something do a handparting with out him being there..

any thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:37 am
I don't think you can do a handparting without him being there. I think it needs both parties, and for them both to be consenting. She can do a ritual for herself to move on, but to specifically break that bond spiritually that they formed in the handfasting, you'd need both of them there, and both consenting.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Lotus Poem

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:38 pm
Quote:
I don't think you can do a handparting without him being there. I think it needs both parties, and for them both to be consenting. She can do a ritual for herself to move on, but to specifically break that bond spiritually that they formed in the handfasting, you'd need both of them there, and both consenting.

Agreed. She can't do it without him being there. Maybe she could explain that it would be better for him to move on and this would help him do so. Until he agrees she can only work on herself. It's a good example of why you should always be careful of who you bind yourself too in any way.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games