sha__mean_aka_nice224

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:07 pm
flamingrice
The viola is a small violin, right?

wow really? i saw wat u said in the cellist thing and all i have to say is wow
u should learn more about other instruments intead of ur own
u should kno them because u are playing with them xp  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:05 am
ello there i play viola i am starting on my thrid year of playing and i love it!!!!!! its larger and deeper than the violin but its smaller than the cello.... its just a warm and loving insturment! i love it sooooo much.  

queen katz

Jellyrum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:29 pm
i've been playing the viola for about 4 months, but i've been playing the violin for almost 5 years.
my violas name is violet, and my violins name is vicky.
i luv them both sooooooooooooo much.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:42 pm
Im a violinist but I need to tell you I love you guys!!!! I don't think anyone else has such a good sense of humor in the orchestra then you guys. =)
haha and you have better chance of getting into a big orchestra then we do. Not as many people play viola and within that few number, even fewer play it well.  

crimson_violin2313

laila mia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:51 pm
The viola is definitely my favorite string instrument. I'm a music education major and in my string technique and pedagogy class, viola was my first choice. it really does have a voice of its own. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:53 pm
The viola is definitely my favorite string instrument. I'm a music education major and in my string technique and pedagogy class, viola was my first choice. it really does have a voice of its own. biggrin  

laila mia

Zidane of the Wildfire

Heroic Guardian

14,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:53 pm
yea i know what you mean. i play viola and have been for a better part of my life. and i love the tone my viola has. dark and mellow. mine was actually made in china and surprisingly made very well. also i'm the first person to play on it/own it. made in 2002. and the sound is only goin to improve, YAY!!
and in response to people not knowing what it is, i've been fortunate in having people kinda have an idea of what a viola is. i just have to tell them that its the string instrument thats bigger than a violin and then they know. what i dont like is when people see my case (and its a big case, i have viola that has an 18 inch body) and they think it is a tenor or alto sax.
But i love my viola mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:45 pm
I must admit that I'm a violinist, but I love the viola. I tried playing it once, but I had a bit of issues with the alto clef... I really want to take lessons though... And.. what clef dows the viola share with other instruments,,, The cello and bass read bass clef and the violins read treble...  

Ayame-Yukari

flamingoawesome

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:09 pm
Woohoo! A viola thread!
I've played for 5 years, and hope to for the rest of my life.
It's got the nicest sound of any instrument, that's for sure.
And violists are just an awesome, rowdy, hilarious bunch o' kids, too razz  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:22 am
I heart playing the viola. Most people ask me what it is, and it hurts just a little on the inside. But I am a viola section of 1 in my orchestra.  

iSmell Like Spare Tire

randomgirl98

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:40 am
I'm a violist through and through! It's annoying when people comment on my 'violin' but I've learned to ignore my desire to rip them limb from limb and instead I tell them politely that they're two different things. I can play violin, but I only read alto clef and I prefer the mellower sound of a viola.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:36 pm
I just started renting a viola this year. I'm not switching, just playing the violin and viola... I think that they shouldn't be compared, since only a really dark sounding violin playing in the lower registers could ever even remotely sound like a viola... lmao.  

Ayame-Yukari

Dark Genosha

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:41 pm
I'm actually a violinist, but I'd love to learn to play viola. I think that it is one of the most beautiful-sounding instruments in the world.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:53 pm
I have been playing the Viola since 5th grade, and I'm in 8th now. It is so pretty and unique. When I was choosing which instrument to play, it was between the Cello and the Viola, I chose the Viola and will never regret it. heart  

Caitlin906854

winnlovesyou

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:43 pm
Been playing viola for 9 years now, and hopefully forever! Right now, I'm listening to song I'm going to learn, called the Vieuxtemps Capriccio! heart
What I love about the viola are (of course) it's wonderful rich and dark sounds and the fact that we get our own clef! WE'RE REBELS!
On the negative side, there are the thousands of viola jokes, and the fact that not many people know what the hell a viola is.
Although, viola jokes are very easy to convert into violin jokes.
i.e.: "Q: How do you know when a a violin is out of tune?"
"A: When the bow is moving."  
Instruments and Vocals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas