Submit

Danamii

Sparkly Lunatic

5,225 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:19 pm
at the risk of coming off as an idiot...

what is a does a depo shot do?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:20 am
Danamii
at the risk of coming off as an idiot...

what is a does a depo shot do?
It is a form of birth control [BC]. People on it, get a shot every 3 months.  

mizducky

Draconian Pheonix

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:22 am
Heh, hello Again mizducky, funny I keep finding and running into people in zOMG and retroactively finding out we're in the same guild after hours of crewing. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:55 am
Oh i see...then the side affects are gaining a little water weight...

......and massively producing symbiotic ninja monkey vampire elves to do your bidding. ninja

..thats harsh.  

Danamii

Sparkly Lunatic

5,225 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

charamath

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:13 pm
Where's my ninja monkeys?! lol- it also causes bone loss and can cause issues with getting pregnant latter on. And constant mild pms. It sounds like alot, but some woman will go through just that to avoid their 'monthly' issues or to make their guy happy.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:34 am
back to weight loss...
whee i have lost some weight (i don't know how much since i don't weigh myself very often) but my pants are more loose now!

I went to run this morning for the first time in 2 1/2 yrs (back problems prevented it). I am so sore, but I'm looking forward to yoga tomorrow morning to help work that out.  

mizducky

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:31 am
Yeah, I want my ninja-monkys, too! mad I've been tossing around the idea of getting off the shot, but my PMS issues turn nasty very quickly (the whole kit and kaboodle; migraines, cramps, extreme psychosis razz ), so I think I'll stick with it, if only to decrease the frequency. However, the weight gain that sticks and the bone loss do make me a little nervous.

On the exercise front, I was doing really well for a while with my DDR pad. Then Thanksgiving hit, along with a persistent bout of sinus headaches (D: which I have one right now). Fortunately (and unfortunately), I'm having surgery on them this upcoming Monday, which is REALLY going to throw a wrench in exercising, since you're not allowed to for FOUR weeks post-op. Guess they don't want my brains leaking out or something (Jokes on them, though, since I don't have any! blaugh )  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:27 am
gonk I gained weight instead of lost it, wish I had somthing i could do that was both fun and excersise and indoors since it is soo cold gah  

Veunus Rahl

Distinct Kitten

8,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

mizducky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:12 pm
Karill
However, the weight gain that sticks and the bone loss do make me a little nervous.

I know one woman who was in her young 30s who was on it for a long time and she already has osteoporosis. They started her on medication right away to try to stop her bone loss and took her off depo (otherwise known as "The Shot" for those who might be less familiar).

Quote:
On the exercise front, I was doing really well for a while with my DDR pad. Then Thanksgiving hit, along with a persistent bout of sinus headaches (D: which I have one right now). Fortunately (and unfortunately), I'm having surgery on them this upcoming Monday, which is REALLY going to throw a wrench in exercising, since you're not allowed to for FOUR weeks post-op. Guess they don't want my brains leaking out or something (Jokes on them, though, since I don't have any! blaugh )

I'm glad they are going to fix your sinus' soon. The headaches must cause you a lot of frustration. Are there some things you can do, with out doing anything that is high intensity? I'm sure the docs can make some recommendations of what you can and can't do.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:14 pm
@Veunus: That's why I had to take up DDR. I used to prefer walking around the lake. But it turned winter, so by the time I got home from work, it was too dark. I used to play it, back when it was popular, so it seemed like a good thing to try again, and it's helped. 3nodding So maybe, if you have the funds, a Wii fit or similar?

I really don't like workout tapes. Something about them just bores me silly. Same with treadmills.

EDIT: @Mizducky: Thanks for REALLY scaring me now. razz I'm taking calcium pills, though. Though maybe it wouldn't be a horrible idea to schedule a bone density test, if/when I get the funds.

I'm going to ask my surgeon if I can do something like regular walking (versus power walking). I'm going to be out of work for two weeks recovering, so I'm going to have some spare time on my hands.  

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

Draconian Pheonix

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:20 pm
My problem is the exact opposite of this thread, I need to gain weight but can never seem to do it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:54 pm
Draconian Pheonix
My problem is the exact opposite of this thread, I need to gain weight but can never seem to do it.

....You do realized that all the other posters in the thread (myself included), are going to now going to chase you down, tie you to a stake (steak? xd ) and do horrible things to you, right?  

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

Draconian Pheonix

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:18 pm
Why would that be?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:48 pm
Draconian Pheonix
Why would that be?

Because most other folks here are expecting commiseration on our weight-loss dieting & exercise efforts... we are all battling our fat bulges (as the thread topic says).

Taxi Mama

-RenKairui85-

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:23 pm
I hate to admit it, but ever since I attended college I've been gaining weight. But I'm intending to work on that. I've found out that grapefruit juice help a lot on diets. Apparently, grapefruit juice helps flush out the water weight that you might be carrying and not know it. Also it's great for when you have the munches or need to crew on something. I tried it before and lost between 40-60 lbs....along with exercise. I'm going to try it again and keep you guys posted on how it goes. Hope this helps you guys out too. 3nodding

Oh, I almost forgot! Make sure it says 100% juice! I can't stress that enough. Sure it might say 100% on the label, but check the back of the drink. Most time, they lie and are only 30% juice. Make sure to check it before buying.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff