Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
World wide day of play?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Majexek

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:31 am
Nickolodean has gone off the air for the day to encourage kids to go *gasp* Outside!

I'm all for the idea, but very very suprised that a Television Station has shut down broadcast for the day and is just repeating the suggestion that kids go climb a tree, ride a bike or play ball..

just wow.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:45 am
Theyave done this before. It isn't the first time I have heard of it, but I think it won't work. Kids aren't into sports or outside games anymore. Quite sad, actually.  

kai_tora

Dapper Carnivore

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:59 pm
All I would do on that day is watch another channel. Or do something else indoors. You can't tell me what to do!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:48 pm
Takarada Kaoru
All I would do on that day is watch another channel. Or do something else indoors. You can't tell me what to do!

HERE HERE!! lol blaugh ( but i caved eventually and went out to play dodge ball with basketballs xd )  

Naoe_88

Folgor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:13 pm
i wish i had a sandbox to play outside with D:  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:32 pm
I've always hated sports, but running around like a maniac outside is another matter. Of course, I've been working a lot of construction lately, and canvassing for the upcoming election, so I stayed inside anyway.

And, yeah, if I was a kid who knew what I know now, there's no WAY I'd have gone outside today. Where are we, Camazotz?  

Harbone
Crew

Nuadu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:23 am
Yeah, well, my daughter took a nap instead.

Naps are good.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:56 am
i this was a pretty damn good idea, except i wonder how many kids followed threw with it. ninja  

Aradia_Dasiana

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:00 am
I would go outside and play, but I don't have anyone to play with.... crying  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:02 pm
They should have timed it to today, I mean, Xbox Live is down for 24 hours...  

KaleKatsura

peachsnapz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:58 pm
although that is a great thing for them to do, there are so many other channels for kids to watch and then we have video games, etc etc.
I take my kids out almost everyday to play at the park, yesterday we spent 4 hours in the park and today we spent 3 hours there.
I see alot of parents that i know that just take their kids home after school and stick them in their rooms with either the television on or they're playing their video games.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games