Hanamura-sensei

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:58 am
... "getting high" meant on a swing

... "protection" meant wearing a helmet

... the worst thing you could get from BOYS were cooties & the worst thing you could get from Girls was a cold

... mum was your only hero & Dads shoulders were the highest place on earth

... your worst enemies were your siblings

... race issues were who ran the fastest

... the only "drug" you knew was cough medicine

... wearing a skirt didn't mean you were a "slut"

... the only thing you "smoked" was the tires on your bike

... the only thing that would "hurt you" were skinned knees

... the only thing that could be "broken" were your toys

... when "goodbyes" only meant until tomorrow

But what I remember the most was wanting to grow up.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:27 am
We spend our childhood trying to be treated more like adults and we spend our adulthood trying to re-capture our youth. Go figure.  

oOo_Nightowl_oOo

Emperor_Xiahou_Dun

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:00 am
oOo_Nightowl_oOo
We spend our childhood trying to be treated more like adults and we spend our adulthood trying to re-capture our youth. Go figure.

It is so true... But let me tell you, i have more fun doing things now as an adult then i did as a kid.. Meaning It is ok to be a child at heart and guess what, that is what i am.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:35 pm
Age seems more like a feeling to me, most of the time. And most of the time, I feel like I'm 16. xd  

TheHellDevil

pretty hate machine

Toxic Nymph

17,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:38 pm
oOo_Nightowl_oOo

*sigh* How true that is.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:52 pm
You're never too old to have a happy childhood. razz  

oOo_Nightowl_oOo

JewelElise

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:40 pm
Remember when to be "gay" meant you were happy and having fun?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:45 pm
all of that rings true in my heart. its actually very sad. longing for childhood....  

blitz789

blubombay

3,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:38 pm
i swear that saying aint nuthing but a number is true i still think im in high school im still boy crazy and i still talk to the same people from high school only thing is is that we have kids and we dont stay on the same street anymore

... the worst thing you could get from BOYS were cooties & the worst thing you could get from Girls was a cold

this is soooo true now the you can get all kinds of crap like the letter diseases like H.I.V. AND A.I.D.S OR EVEN BETTER K.I.D. OR THE TYPE THAT MULTIPLIES K.I.D.S now those 2 will really get you  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:35 am
TheHellDevil
Age seems more like a feeling to me, most of the time. And most of the time, I feel like I'm 16. xd

Lol..yep, but then you look into the mirror and your face doesn't match the person you feel you are. biggrin  

Hanamura-sensei

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100

Venuslady

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:00 am
oOo_Nightowl_oOo

Hee hee! I hear ya!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:09 am
blubombay
i swear that saying aint nuthing but a number is true i still think im in high school im still boy crazy and i still talk to the same people from high school only thing is is that we have kids and we dont stay on the same street anymore

this is soooo true now the you can get all kinds of crap like the letter diseases like H.I.V. AND A.I.D.S OR EVEN BETTER K.I.D. OR THE TYPE THAT MULTIPLIES K.I.D.S now those 2 will really get you

You forgot S.T.Ds. lol

Anyway... When PDA meant Public Display of Affection.  

wolfen26

Conservative Werewolf

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Team Jacob 100

SubaruDriftBoy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:19 am
i remember those days, they were like... i dunno, first or second grade for me.. running around on the swingset and playground equipment at school, playing tag and stuff like that, now anymore when i pass the elementary school you see kids playing like... pokemon and stuff on the playground and playing with video games and crap like that.. i just want to stop and yell at them, no wonder weight problems abound in the us, kids sitting around instead of running from girls and stuff.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:11 am
SubaruDriftBoy
i remember those days, they were like... i dunno, first or second grade for me.. running around on the swingset and playground equipment at school, playing tag and stuff like that, now anymore when i pass the elementary school you see kids playing like... pokemon and stuff on the playground and playing with video games and crap like that.. i just want to stop and yell at them, no wonder weight problems abound in the us, kids sitting around instead of running from girls and stuff.
So true, after we ate lunch, we went out and ran around like that. Now I'm hearing that schools are trying to do away with recess all together in favor of more school time. sweatdrop  

Nei1

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100

Daltana

5,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:40 am
Nei1
Now I'm hearing that schools are trying to do away with recess all together in favor of more school time. sweatdrop

Some are trying to get rid of recess for more lesson time, and others are considering 4 day school weeks. Go figure.

I do miss the time when being a swinger on the playground was a good thing.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff