Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Barely-Knowns

Back to Guilds

A guild for all who are just faces in the Gaia crowd. 

Tags: barely, known, unknown, chill, ninja 

Reply The Barely-Knowns
How nice of you. Go ******** yourself. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A POLL?
Oh em gee.
100%
 100%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 8

Meacorme
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:28 pm
(I apologize for any profanity and the longness of this rant ahead of time)

SO for those of you familiar with facebook, you'll know of an application called "Honesty Box", in which you can post anonymous comments about a person. So I foolishly thought, "Hey, this could be fun!" and put one on my profile...then realized it probably wasn't so fun, so I took the box off.

...My mistake? Just because it wasn't on my profile didn't make it gone forever. When I checked it later, I found this lovely message from some anonymous girl:

"makeover much? and please please stop dancing. you have a nice voice but your body is awkward with every movement it attempts."

...For those of you who are familiar with ME, I love dancing. I've done it since I was little. It's sort of a requirement for the job I want. So hearing that (especially since no, I am not a particularly amazing dancer...I kickass at tap, am only passable in character, lyrical, and ballet, and I suck at jazz and hip hop) made my already low self-esteem plummet.

With help from Reeves, Saur, and other friends, I've deleted the application, have chosen not to look at it again (even though I made the mistake of asking the b***h what she's seen me dance in, and I refuse to see her answer), and am trying hard to ignore what she thinks and regain confidence in my sub-par dancing.

...If you skipped the whole post, I don't mind! Here's a discussion tag to make you happy!

-Bitches
-Something that crushed your self-esteem
-Things you love to do even though you may not be great at them
-The stupidity of anonymous comments (people should have the courage to say things to your face)
-Anything else that applies

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:49 pm
We've already gone over that this girl is a b***h. People take advantage of the internet or other outlets to be anonymous to say cruel things that may not even be that honest. And while it's so difficult not to be offended by them, in the end, you're certain of one thing; that person should be beaten senseless.

That's why I find ignorance to occasionally be bliss; that way, even if I shouldn't pay attention to s**t like this, I don't have to deal with the "truth." And I put truth in quotes because honestly? It wasn't true. It was bitchy.  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

NogginDew

Business Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:09 pm
I really don't want to know what my friends think of me. Like, seriously, I'm already paranoid that all my friends secretly hate me, why would I confirm that for myself when they're so nice and accepting in person? I don't want to know what people think about me.

Yet, I'd like the power to read people's minds? I suppose I'm just weird and contradictory like that.

I think you're lovely, Mea. And, seeing as I don't know you in real life, what I know of you is perfectly fine. biggrin heart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:55 pm
I had a nice little chance to hear what my old friends thought of me one night by the lake in my old town. We were hanging by the beach when one of the girls asked me to walk her home, I did and when I got back I was able to listen to them talk s**t about me for 10 minutes before one of the girls who didn't know me that well spotted me. Sometimes its good to know what your friends really think about you. I was kinda hurt that they'd do that but obviously they liked something about me or they wouldn't hang out with me, as they said when they noticed me "Don't worry Jay, we still love you,"

Anyways, Don't worry Mea, dance is all preference, this girl may not like your dancing, but I'm sure other people do! I'm sure you're a great dancer!  

Ribbish

Jonandra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:37 am
OH EM GEEEEEEEEE! (sheesh!)

Seconded Re: cowards who use the internet to boost their own miniscule egos. Truly, I doubt she was being truthful, she obviously was looking for something that wasn't "PERFECT" to tear apart so she could feel superior.

If you really love dance that much, who gives a s**t what anyone else thinks. I can usually tell when someone loves what they are doing... It shows... And to me, that's beautiful...

Screw the cowardly b***h and keep on dancing, girl... smile

(Note: I rarely use swearing in my posts. People who use the internet to say things they would never say to someone's face really cheese me. And aside from the internet, bitchy girls who "criticize" to make themselves feel superior is a pet peeve ... like MAJOR... it's pointless, really <.< ... and I say girls, because they're the ones that do that crap most often... :/)

P.S. Fellow lover of dance here. Have had 1 class (and I do mean one because I had to drop out for a number of reasons) and still get compliments on my dancing... And, of course, the few people that do criticize my dancing tend to be ... you guessed it, bitchy girls... can we say ... "Jealous much!" razz My guess is the girl who posted anonymously can't dance worth s**t.

P.S.S. Don't let that tiny little thing ever stop you from dancing where you want, when you want, how you want! I mean it! Or I'll hunt you down, stalk you, plunk down a radio and force you to dance at gun point. razz (kidding!)

P.S.P.S. I've heard a lot of bad things about facebook and this is just another story, along the same lines added to that list.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:15 am
Some people just need their asses kicked, simple as that.
I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you, but I've always believed that if you really love something, it shouldn't really matter what other people think or even how good you are at it.
heart heart heart  

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

cheesy nipples

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:16 am
People are just bitches for no good reason. They think it's funny to make other people feel bad.
It's the way society is going these days.

Just ignore 'em. Who gives a crap about what anyone else thinks as long as you enjoy doing it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:04 am
It's because of reasons like these that I don't affiliate myself with Facebook or MySpace. Too much bad feelings to go around.
And think of it this way, Mea. If she hates you so much, then that is her problem. Don't let that get you down, because, in the end, she will end up hurting herself with her bad feelings towards you.

That's a little something my health professor once said. Hate will only hurt the haters. 3nodding  

Kelti

Green Combatant

Tsouga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:44 am
Am I the only person who thinks that you should Expect people to say cruel things when given the Anonymous option?

On another note, If you can't roll with the punches, Why would you even put that on your profile?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:59 am
That's why I don't let the Internet see my face. I realize that I'm no Marilyn Monroe.

Then again, I'm sure that the harshest critics on the Internet are the ones who can't take any heat from everyone else.

Idolatrine

O.G. Firestarter

22,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:39 am
Tsouga
Am I the only person who thinks that you should Expect people to say cruel things when given the Anonymous option?

On another note, If you can't roll with the punches, Why would you even put that on your profile?

Quote:
SO for those of you familiar with facebook, you'll know of an application called "Honesty Box", in which you can post anonymous comments about a person. So I foolishly thought, "Hey, this could be fun!" and put one on my profile...then realized it probably wasn't so fun, so I took the box off.

...My mistake? Just because it wasn't on my profile didn't make it gone forever

I appreciate your feedback, Tsouga, but c'mon, she knew that already. And maybe you haven't dealt with s**t comments pointed at you, but it is very difficult to "roll with the punches" when anyone insults you. Not everyone has as hard of a shell for that kind of thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:53 pm
Tsouga

[rant]

Yeah, I realize that...Reeves pretty much covered it in her post, but I'll say it again, because it makes me sad for you to have the wrong impression of me (I swear I'm not an idiot! sad EMONESS)
I added it, chickened out, and deleted it from my profile but forgot to delete it from my applications page.
Why did I want to delete it in the first place?
Because I knew I couldn't handle it. I am extraordinarily sensitive with a work-in-progress self-esteem. 5 seconds after I added it is when I thought "Oh. Oh crap. Why am I doing this?"

But due to my mistake, someone still had access to it.

Honestly, if someone had said something like, "You talk too much" or "you can be too loud" or "sometimes I find you annoying" or "you look better with make-up", it wouldn't be so bad, honestly. Why? Because 1. it's true and 2. it wouldn't be as insulting; it'd be something I could work on.

But "please stop dancing"? That's just shitty, even by honesty box standards.
[/rant]

Meacorme
Vice Captain

cheesy nipples

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:15 pm
It hurts more when someone insults you over something you care about.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:33 pm
An experience I had on Youtube:

I watched some video that was pro-atheism that I thought was pretty good, and left a comment saying I believed in God but I also believed in their right not to believe in god.

Harmless enough, right? ... Wrong...

Some guy sees the "I believe in God" part, completely ignoring the majority of my post, and starts viciously insulting me. I tried... really tried to tell myself I didn't need to bother replying...

But I did... So of course he turns around and insults me some more, "proving" that everything I said was false because I believed in god... And the sad part about it is that the other atheists either supported or let him be vicious, insulting, and threatening. Even sadder... I had more scientific and historical knowledge and facts than he did, had the ones he knew more correctly learned... And he/they still felt he was winning the arguement...

The point isn't about religion in this post... after another exchange... the guy comes to my page and starts posting crap that had absolutely nothing to do with anything I had uploaded, and sent me a threatening private... so I blocked and reported him, of course... But the guy was MENTAL...

And even though I pretty much know the guy was probably just some teen with issues (especially with god, apparently)... I still had to wonder if his threat to send me a virus and crash my hard drive could be done...

Not likely, but that guy scared the crap outta me... yeah, losing a hard drive is a pain in the rear, but IF he could do that, he could also possibly steal my ID, ruin my credit rating (and my husband's-joint accounts) ... and we'd be homeless and...

well... you get the idea...

And that was Youtube... Facebook and Myspace are 10 times worse, so I've heard ... some people got this need to tear into someone no matter how true or untrue what they say is, it's just pure viciousness...  

Jonandra

Meacorme
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:42 pm
Well, it's even worse when it's someone you know.
For me, it's someone on my friendslist. MY FRIENDSLIST.

and I'll never know who it is. >.<

The Barely-Knowns

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces