Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
Homosexual male: Minority in HP slash? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graphiti Skies

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:39 am
I love genderbending. I have problems doing it offline, but online I'll switch roles constantly.

I actually, have met very few femmy gay men. The ones I have met were pretty much like every other guy, they just liked boys and were a bit more cleanly.

I can so agree with the rant though. It's incredibly STUPID for idiot insecure women to go and be so hypocritical like that. A gay man is going to know how the world of gay men actually works. A straight woman won't. A lesbian might, maybe even a bi woman. But a straight can only try and understand.

Unless, of course, she is infact a he mentally, which then wouldn't make her like all the other straight women because she would be considered male. *stresses*

When I write stories about gay boys, I try as hard as I can to make them as close to being a normal guy as possible because those are the type of gays I've seen. I don't make s**t up and have unbalanced characters. I want my boys to seem REAL.

*sigh* It's all very annoying and frustrating. The best boyslove author I've read is a gay male. I read his stuff because it's more real than what most females write. I can only hope that my style comes close to that.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:46 am
Oh, and to go with all of the offtopic stuff in here... I'm 5'4", I have limited knowledge of martial arts but I know where to kick, I haven't been felt up by a person of my same gender, but I have nearly ripped the throat out of a person of the opposite gender for making incredibly rude and perverted comments towards me during class. I didn't get in trouble for it though, they did *joy!*.

Actually, I got kinda lucky.. most of my friends treat me as pretty genderless a lot of the time, except for one guy who thinks that I "shouldn't be so weird and just start saying I'm a girl and acting like one". Nerf.. I don't hang around him much.

Come to think of it... I'm not sure my ex liked me gender bending either. :/  

Graphiti Skies

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:16 pm
There's nothing wrong with Gender Bending...hell, I'd love to dress my avi up in male's clothes because some of the boy's clothes are nicer looking and I want them or I want them. *pouts*

I'm just plain old me in jeans and a t-shirt...with the occasional Hot Topic pants thrown in to make things interesting. Sometimes though, I like to feel pretty and I have been known to where leather...but I was well paid for my adventure into leather short shorts. Other than that, I've got some insecurities so I like to keep my body covered.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:13 pm
... I hate mini-skirts. I wish to burn them all. I don't even were tops with no sleeves. I'm that old-fashioned.

And when I go to the School Ball I am tempted to dress up like Zelda or maybe some oldy style dress just for the heck of it.

Leather squeaks.  

Lunar_Blade

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:18 pm
Lunar_Blade
... I hate mini-skirts. I wish to burn them all. I don't even were tops with no sleeves. I'm that old-fashioned.

And when I go to the School Ball I am tempted to dress up like Zelda or maybe some oldy style dress just for the heck of it.

Leather squeaks.

Yes and its uncomfortable and it doesn't breath...leather might make you look good, but you sure as hell won't smell good. *grimaces*  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:21 pm
Ex-Professor Remus Lupin
Lunar_Blade

Leather squeaks.

Yes and its uncomfortable and it doesn't breath...leather might make you look good, but you sure as hell won't smell good. *grimaces*

... You can't even BUY leather pants over here... Well I couldn't find one anyway.  

Lunar_Blade

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:33 pm
Lunar_Blade
Ex-Professor Remus Lupin
Lunar_Blade

Leather squeaks.

... You can't even BUY leather pants over here... Well I couldn't find one anyway.

You can buy them, but only if you go to special stores and they always have that room in the back for the um...dog training stuff...*grins*  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:35 pm
Nice way to put it Remus. I want a MP3 so I can listen to Mugglecast... And the Audiobooks... Anyone know were I can download the books?  

Lunar_Blade

Graphiti Skies

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:09 pm
Legally? No....

ninja Illegally however, I suggest LimeWire. ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:03 am
Sorry to be the one to drag this back on topic.... gonk Geez, I never thought I could feel so wretched for doing that...but...>_>;

First off, I did not read the entire thing...once I saw the poll thing...I skimmed since I'm easily confused.

Secondly, I could be out of the ball park...but that entire entry basically sums up the first post right? Homosexual males don't have much say in the Female-dominated slash community, ne?

Going on this...and being as dense as I am...God. That really really bites. If you're a slash writer, writing about two homosexual men, and you're pushing out the real ones (or just males in general)....that makes me cringe. Mostly because, no one understands the homosexual man like the homosexual man, and no one understands the heterosexual man like the heterosexual man...no one understands a MAN in general like a MAN does. Unless you're Pamela Anderson and insist on being a gay man trapped in a straight woman's body.

So, to slash two characters then make them experience the injusts of a heterosexual society and force those said injusts onto someone else in the real world is utter bull.

Going back to the two things I hate most....homophobes and hypocrites.

>_>; That was my rant...which is a lot like Graphiti's bit...but not as nicely written or...pointful....mmm...

B-shiro

Graphiti Skies

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:37 am
Babyshiro
Sorry to be the one to drag this back on topic.... gonk Geez, I never thought I could feel so wretched for doing that...but...>_>;

First off, I did not read the entire thing...once I saw the poll thing...I skimmed since I'm easily confused.

Secondly, I could be out of the ball park...but that entire entry basically sums up the first post right? Homosexual males don't have much say in the Female-dominated slash community, ne?

Going on this...and being as dense as I am...God. That really really bites. If you're a slash writer, writing about two homosexual men, and you're pushing out the real ones (or just males in general)....that makes me cringe. Mostly because, no one understands the homosexual man like the homosexual man, and no one understands the heterosexual man like the heterosexual man...no one understands a MAN in general like a MAN does. Unless you're Pamela Anderson and insist on being a gay man trapped in a straight woman's body.

So, to slash two characters then make them experience the injusts of a heterosexual society and force those said injusts onto someone else in the real world is utter bull.

Going back to the two things I hate most....homophobes and hypocrites.

>_>; That was my rant...which is a lot like Graphiti's bit...but not as nicely written or...pointful....mmm...

XD *cheers* I think you said it better than I did anyway. ^.^  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:48 am
It was all said rather nicely...Either way you look at it, thinking of a person as an object is wrong no matter who it is whether they're a gay man or a woman or a black person or whatever...people are people, not objects.  

Andromeda Black Tonks

B-shiro

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:10 pm
Agreed. Though, I'm sure we've all done it....with the... "I OWN YOU!" jazz. Or something like that. x-X;  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:06 pm
I feel compelled to say something regarding the off-topic-ness.

=o I'm 5'3", or 5'2".... Maybe 5'4" if I've grown recently.

>_> And I'm scared of lesbians.

=3 Mostly becuase I can't understand them much, and my friend Siobhan.

=D I should have had her arrested. >_> But the cops would have probably laughed at me. "A girl molesting/raping a girl?! Impossible! rofl! ur a rtard!!!!11!!1!1!!!!"
rolleyes Bah, I avoid her at all costs, literally. =D  

Osom

Cluttered Cat

11,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Guillotein

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:56 pm
.Prince Snivellus.
I feel compelled to say something regarding the off-topic-ness.

=o I'm 5'3", or 5'2".... Maybe 5'4" if I've grown recently.

>_> And I'm scared of lesbians.

=3 Mostly becuase I can't understand them much, and my friend Siobhan.

=D I should have had her arrested. >_> But the cops would have probably laughed at me. "A girl molesting/raping a girl?! Impossible! rofl! ur a rtard!!!!11!!1!1!!!!"
rolleyes Bah, I avoid her at all costs, literally. =D
confused I don't like how society makes it seem like men are the only ones capable of rape..
I know a few lesbians.. it's never been a very big deal, they're exactly the same as me. Sexual orientation isn't an issue at all.
I don't quite understand why some girls shun lesbains as if they're some sort of sexual predators who only think about T&A, but are perfectly fine with hanging out with guys. Boys and lesbians are equally attracted to girls, I belive..
But I'm very sorry you had to experience that (Erm, did you? Or was it a near-experience?). I would have told the cops, or at least some figure of authority.. Rape is rape, no matter who is involved.  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff