Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Barely-Knowns

Back to Guilds

A guild for all who are just faces in the Gaia crowd. 

Tags: barely, known, unknown, chill, ninja 

Reply The Barely-Knowns
THE OFFICIAL LORD OF THE GUILD SHOWDOWN! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:11 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It could be an explosion of awesome or holy light...call it what you will. BUT THE COMPETITION HAS FINALLY STARTED!

Yes, I, Reeves, captain and official Lord of this guild, have finally concocted a grand scheme to challenge those who wish to claim the title to the downright bone!

But first, here are our contestants, with correlating Lord-like images!

Theodra, Mistress of Simple Badassery!
User Image

Nu Lucrezia, Master of Rock 'n' Roll!
User Image

Violaceous Vertigo, Duchess of all that is Purple!

Moose Lord, General of the Moose Armies!

(You'll notice that I used a lot of pictures with fire. That's because IT'S SO FREAKING EPIC! Or maybe I'll just a pyro)

These people will all challenge one another for the throne of LORD OF THE GUILD! READY TO RECEIVE YOUR CHALLENGE?

Okay, then go to the next post to found out, sillies. rolleyes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:21 am
Okay, since I don't want to waste any more time with pictures, bold lettering, font sizes and the like, let me just throw the challenges out there. You must complete them, one by one, by the deadlines that have been put up! You will be requested to place each challenge entry in a separate post for me to put into the third post of this thread for archiving.

1. First off, I want you to pick your fighting song, your theme song, if you will. This will serve as a badass intro to who you are. Whether by youtube video, recording, whatever, GET IT, and get it ONTO THIS PAGE. DEADLINE FOR YOUR THEME SONG IS SEPTEMBER 5TH.

2. Remember the mod contest we had a while ago? You're gonna do a campaign ad just like the mod candidates did. Pictures, why you should be chosen, all that jazz. The difference? AMP IT UP. Make it awesome, big, loud (without the noise), and almost ridiculous. DEADLINE FOR YOUR AD IS SEPTEMBER 10TH.

3. Lords of the Guild should never be afraid to put themselves out there. Hell, I've done it before. I will be assigning to all to an opponent to make a response to them like a wrestler does before a match. USING AUDIO OR VIDEO (video is preferred), YOU WILL RECORD YOURSELF GIVING THE CHALLENGE IN PERSON. This is big and scary, I know, but Lords should be able to do all that it takes. The assigned responses are the following:

Moose Lord <----> Violaceous Vertigo
Theodra <----> Nu Lucrezia

If you cannot get your hands on any media or audio even if you try to download, please PM me so I can give you a loophole. DEADLINE FOR YOUR RESPONSE IS SEPTEMBER 15TH. Oh, and feel free to abuse each other on the thread in writing, too. xd

4. The final showdown, but this time, it's a choice. You can do one of two things:
Choice #1: You must show off your best skill. Be it drawing a picture, writing a short story, playing a song, singing, the list goes on. It can be some weird trick you can do. Whether through audio, video, photos, or posting, get it here.
Choice #2: What it all comes down to, guys, is the poetry slam. You know it: Start busting rhymes! If nobody responds, extra points for you!
DEADLINE FOR THIS LAST EVENT IS SEPTEMBER 20TH.

As you can see, I put a lot of extra time in here. We're all busy with school and work and God knows what else, so I'm counting on you guys to MOVE IT. And if some of you missed out on the calling out for the title, PM me directly. Don't respond to the thread.

LET'S DO THIS! And other guild mates, feel free to root on your favorite challenger!  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:22 am
*ARCHIVES*

Challenge #1: The Theme Song

Nu Lucrezia - Sir Lord Baltimore - Pumped Up!
Violaceous Vertigo - Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze!

Challenge #2: The Campaign

Challenge #3: The Rebuttal

Challenge #4: THE LAST STAND

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:24 am
As of around midnight Pacific Time on August 29th, 2008, the challenge for the spot as Lord of the Guild has COMMENCED!  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

cheesy nipples

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:31 am
This Means War will be my theme song. Excellent track by Ac/Dc.
Will serve well in this context.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:52 am
My guitar is on ******** FIRE!

I was going to post the link to this one song, but it might be a bit too sexual
rofl

EDIT: I think this will be a better choice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aTNdCkww6E  

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Ribbish

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:04 am
Pillar - Frontline
Lemme hear your battlecry!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:58 am
I am sad to announce that Kelti, Keeper of the Triforce, had to step out of the competition due to more important commitments...basically, school and studies. xd Still, let's give her a big hand for volunteering!  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Ribbish

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:59 am
Reeves
I am sad to announce that Kelti, Keeper of the Triforce, had to step out of the competition due to more important commitments...basically, school and studies. xd Still, let's give her a big hand for volunteering!

Awwww! Sorry you had to step out Kelti!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:12 am
xd I love how at the end of your theme song, it suddenly turns into catchy pop music of some sort, Ribbish.  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Ribbish

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:20 am
Reeves
xd I love how at the end of your theme song, it suddenly turns into catchy pop music of some sort, Ribbish.

It what?
*Listens*

Its not supposed to do that! Thats just the only one I could find that hadn't been attached to an anime/game/movie to make some sort of music video. xd

Also, when are we allowed to start submitting our posters? Cause I'm in the process of making mine biggrin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:30 am
<3
<3
<3
<3
<3
<3

Aw crap. I have no mic and no camera... gonk

Also: HOLY s**t PURPLE FIRE WHOOOO!

<3
<3
<3
<3
<3
<3

Violaceous Vertigo

Kelti

Green Combatant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:33 am
Good luck to everyone! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:06 pm
Violaceous Vertigo
<3
<3
<3
<3
<3
<3

Aw crap. I have no mic and no camera... gonk

Also: HOLY s**t PURPLE FIRE WHOOOO!

<3
<3
<3
<3
<3
<3

Don't worry, Vio, if you absolutely cannot find a way to record, PM me and we'll figure out something.

@Ribbish: You can submit your campaign ad at any time. The deadline is September 10th, so you have a bunch of time until then.  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

cheesy nipples

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:03 pm
Aww, Kelti dropped out? Shame, I was looking forward to wrestling the position with her xp

Also, Reeves, I may have problems recording the stuff too. My mic doesn't work and I don't really have the time or privacy to record it at the moment.

The Barely-Knowns

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff