Reply Arena Threads and Gaia Items
Old fashioned avatar? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Warnersister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:12 am
I go with relatively conservative dress - much like what I might wear myself - or restrained cosplay (Ace from Doctor Who currently). I don't bother with the new stuff unless it catches my fancy. I could really use a panama hat though. I don't think they do any at the moment.

DW  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:07 am
User Image

Considering the fact that almost everything I'm wearing is nitemare stuff, I'm gonna say old. But then I have a few new things that compliment it.

I don't know. I like what I like, dammit.

Kuraino Tenshi

God-the-almighty

Angelic Unicorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:28 am
I mostly have MC's and cash shop crap. Most of my commons came from word bump.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:14 pm
I generally prefer the vintage items to the newer ones. There's a simplicity about them I find very appealing.

Still, every so often a new item will come out that just captures my fancy, like the monorail cat halo or the purple dress evolution of the Enchanted Book.

What I like best is to mix the really inexpensive commons with the rarer items to come up with a look that keeps people guessing. Some of the commons are pretty useful items.  

purplewiz

Mega Nerd

Honebar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:49 pm
Chuckles I like some old I like some new.. heart and i have a habit of being a packrat.. redface my inventory is over 700 items... not counting storage.. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:26 pm
Wow, I'm impressed! I didn't think anyone else had a taste for the vintage stuff. And I must say, I like everyone's avatars here. Not like the younger kids that like "bling" so much. The few bling items you guys have are added carefully, not piled on. Bravo!

Also, no one answered my other question. Does anyone have a full tuxedo?  

YouDubb

Rogue Angel Kiara

Devoted Darling

21,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:58 pm
I just enjoy finding what works on my avatar. I haven't kept track but I'm sure I have a healthy mix of both old and new items laying around. I'm the type that changes their avatar regularly so other than a slight angelic theme, I don't really have one main look or preference. I just like what looks good, old or new.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:07 pm
I'm pretty new to gaia so I'm not sure what's old or new. I tend to not be really crazy with my avi and instead dress her in kind of the same way I'd dress myself. (well, except when I get my ultimate Ziggy Stardust homage assembled.)

I do agree with some of the marketplace prices. They're crazy! How do they decide that certain items are "worth" so much?  

madame trash heap

novemberine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:13 pm
madame trash heap
I do agree with some of the marketplace prices. They're crazy! How do they decide that certain items are "worth" so much?

It's just good old-fashioned supply and demand, for the most part. Older donation items are very rare (fewer members = fewer people making donations = fewer items), and very sought-after, so the price skyrockets. The most expensive items are concentrated in the hands of a very few people, who can basically dictate whatever they want for the price, because they'll find *someone* who's willing to pay it.

I would, if I were rich enough. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:32 pm
novemberine
madame trash heap

It's just good old-fashioned supply and demand, for the most part. Older donation items are very rare (fewer members = fewer people making donations = fewer items), and very sought-after, so the price skyrockets. The most expensive items are concentrated in the hands of a very few people, who can basically dictate whatever they want for the price, because they'll find *someone* who's willing to pay it.

I would, if I were rich enough. ninja

yeah, so would I lol

I'd definitely pay an insane amount for a monorail/ceiling cat.  

madame trash heap

Darkfire Dragonmaster

3,750 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:37 pm
This may be a little off-topic, but I can't tell you how many times my avi has been mistaken for male since I never wear anything distinctly feminine xd  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:50 pm
I originally went with trying to do a balrog cosplay for my attempt at arenas and I got attached to it so I decided to keep it and I have added small details to it ever since. But I am pretty happy with my avatar the way it is now.
And I would also like to get ceiling cat as well.

But back on topic I think my full plate armour is pretty old fashioned if that qualifies.  

washu_2004

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

BLACKJAGUARKAT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:42 am
I've had a gaia account for about 3 years but only played off and on due to having slow dial up. Now I have DSL and am on here most of the time. I've had to do catch up on some items for my AVI. I like the Furry items they have. I also love horns. I agree that the market prices are crazy but I have found a good method for making gold by buying cash shop items and selling them for gold so I can buy the expencive Items I want. Also I want that Monirail Cat badly!! BTW I also own a full Tux. I wear it every now and then. The Avi I'm currently trying to build is a Spartan AVI. Now that is one expencive AVI let me tell you the prices for the stuff is outrageous! But then again I'm willing to buy it LOL!! xd biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:52 am
I agree with what has been said. I'll wear something if it's old, new, starter, what ever as long as it looks good, fits the look I'm going for and I'm happy with it. Who cares what others think, I don't dress my avi (or myself for that matter) to please others, I dress to please myself.  

jambare

7,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Not2Random

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:03 pm
My Gaia "job" is dealing in Dashing Gentleman items. I can assure you that there are some Gaians who own full suits, because I have sold some. I don't know how long they keep them--sometimes they are buying them to RP a wedding or something like that.

As for my own avi's clothes...I change and play a lot. I don't buy anything in Cash Shop, I work the marketplace fluctuations for my store. It's making enough gold that, over time, I can buy the evolving items, MC's, and other toys I want.  
Arena Threads and Gaia Items

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff