Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Dream interpretation

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jernni

Sparkly Millionaire

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:06 am
Wow, my first topic here.... *nervous*

Anyway, I was wondering if there was anyone else out there interested in dream interpretation? I've stared learning as much as possible lately, because I've found it gives me great insight into my current, and past lives, and my family and my situations.

But last night I had a dream that I'm having a hard time figuring out. The emotion of it is clouding my vision, can anyone help?

I dreamed that someone was trying to kill me. In a very cruel violent way. I was being hunted as I ran from room to room in my house. He was outside, dressed in all black, and shooting though my windows taunting me. At some point I realized I was dreaming, and tried to take control of the dream but could not. Toward the end he'd found me, and was getting ever closer to killing me.

I woke in a panic, and it took almost an hour to calm down. It didn't feel like a random nightmare, it felt as if there was a presence in my dream haunting me.

Any ideas? I'm really quite haunted by this dream now, and would like some interpretation to help me process it and move on.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:39 am
hmm... possibilities:
-there's someone threatening in your life that you feel as if you can't get away from and they are controlling you.
-too much sugar before bed
-overactive imagination leads to scary dream.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

Jernni

Sparkly Millionaire

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:54 am
xXx kitsy xXx
hmm... possibilities:
-there's someone threatening in your life that you feel as if you can't get away from and they are controlling you.

ha ha I wish it was the sugar! Sadly the chips ahoy were gone a couple days ago... sad

The eerie thing is that our neighbors across the street... their house is obviously haunted. I have seen a man stand in their windows, and in their front yard often. I thought he was just a neutral spirit, but lately he's been showing up more often, coming closer to my house, and really, frightening me. The man in my dream made me think of him.

Should I cast a spell of protection over my home? Any suggestions of good ones?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:40 am
I constantly have nightmares
Ones that i can't wake up from
And It usually takes me a whole day to recover

Try chamomile tea before bed biggrin  

Esselean

Tipsy Fairy

11,225 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

mominchat

Tipsy Vampire

9,950 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:59 pm
Jernni
xXx kitsy xXx
hmm... possibilities:

ha ha I wish it was the sugar! Sadly the chips ahoy were gone a couple days ago... sad

The eerie thing is that our neighbors across the street... their house is obviously haunted. I have seen a man stand in their windows, and in their front yard often. I thought he was just a neutral spirit, but lately he's been showing up more often, coming closer to my house, and really, frightening me. The man in my dream made me think of him.

I would do just that.
I haven't had nightmares since I hung a dreamcatcher above where I sleep. It has helped the minute I hung it. =]
i do hope things get better for you and that that spirit doesn't come closer than it should.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:39 am
Jernni

If I were you I would do that and then try to investigate, who that man can be and what are his intentions.

As for the dream interpretation, I'm mostly doing that for people whom I know, they routine day, problems, dreams, and the way they think. It's helpful to put dreams to right categories. So to interpret your dream right I would have to know what were you doing, what was your emotional state, many privet things I don't think you would like to put on forum.

And I agree with mqstalker that dreamcatchers are pretty useful (eventually if you are aware of dream try to get some weapon or magic and kill the hunting you thing- I did that several times and it worked twisted )
Oh and if you want that ghost to stay away from your dreams/ bed- get sword or knife under the pillow. It's used mostly for Strzyga- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strzyga , (this article does not show all beliefs about it, but still) but I think in this case could also help.

Good luck with protecting your home and solving that ghost case.

Mea  

Verbeley

Nomek

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:25 pm
sounds to me that spook across the way may be responsible, try a sage purification around the outside of your house, bless all doors and windows.

Likely if it is the spook across the way, it is terrifying you in your dreams to feed of the negitive psychic energy your fear and distress are letting off... this being the case prepare yourself for sleep with some meditation or mantra in which you assure yourself constantly that you will retain control of your dreamscape and that no harm can come to you, this may help you to confront this entity on it's and your own terms.

Hopefully these dreams will not be re-occuring, and a sage burning around the home should help block out entry from unwanted entities. if needed be get another practitioner to help with the smudge & bless process.

good luck, blessed be  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:56 pm
I have been studying dream interpretation longer than I have Pagnism...that's a long time LOL. I think it's one of those things you never stop learning.

First off I would ask if you want to figure out the dream or just get rid of it? Two very different approaches for the different outcomes. Sometimes figuring out the dream can help with loosening it's hold, however sometimes it sticks around regardless.

I usually interpret dreams by asking series of questions and helping guide the dreamer to the answer inside themselves. Dreams are very subjective, so two people having the same dream may feel very differently about it and it may mean completely different things to them. If you don't
feel comfortable answering any of these questions here in the forum, feel free to pm me and I will try to help you out.

"I dreamed that someone was trying to kill me. In a very cruel violent way.'
Q. How do you know they were trying to kill you? Did they say something, or is this just a dream "knowing"? How were they trying to kill you? Were you aware of a weapon or method?

"I was being hunted as I ran from room to room in my house. He was outside, dressed in all black, and shooting through my windows taunting me."
Q. Was he hunting you inside the house? Was he moving outside your house? Shooting? Like with a gun? What was he saying when he was taunting you? Did you try to do anything to stop him? fight back? Call 911?

"At some point I realized I was dreaming, and tried to take control of the dream but could not."
Q. Lucid dreaming takes practice, and lots of it. Sometimes especially in a dream this intense your fear and emotions can stop you from assuming control. Also taking control of a dream is kind of "Matrix-y" at times as in "there is no spoon" You have to believe that you can control the dream and do anything.

Also please think before sleeping with a knife under your pillow, that can be very dangerous.  

Lotus Poem

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff