Reply Instruments and Vocals
Saxophones Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Cosmo I

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:50 am
Hello I have not played the saxophone for as long as some other people. But I am in the advanced area of my theory book. I also know alot about fingering. My specialty is Tenor saxes.

Saxophones (smallest to largest)

Soprano Saxophone-------------------------------------------------------------------
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Alto Saxophone-------------------------------------------------------------------

Tenor Saxophone-------------------------------------------------------------------

Baritone (Bari) Saxophone-------------------------------------------------------------------
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:11 am
Alto Saxophone was my second instrument, I've been playing it for 4 years; I LOVE it!  

Gener90

I Cosmo I

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:13 am
Finaly! someone who plays it other than me xD. i forget how long i have played tenor.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:56 am
I play alto and bari sax.....i suck at Baritone though...Its in jazz band  

Gener90

I Cosmo I

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:13 pm
u like Eb alot then xD. i like Bb.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:34 am
Eb rules!!!! (but tenor sax sounds beautiful too!)  

Gener90

I Cosmo I

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:18 pm
xD im being assaulted by altos and baries xd  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:17 pm
LOL  

Gener90

Aria di Bellezza

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:11 am
.....whats a tenor and a bari? ......xD...sorry, i know nothing about saxes.....

but i'm interested! ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:28 pm
There are different sizes of saxophones. And just like there are names for different pitches of voices there are names for different pitches of some instruments. In voice the highest is called Soprano, then Alto, then Tenor, then the lowest is Bass (Baritone). There are four common sizes for saxophones. The most common size you see like in bands is the Alto Saxophone. Then the next biggest is the Tenor followed by the biggest which is the Bari (Baritone) Saxophone. The smallest is the Soprano Saxophone. You should look up images on the internet of them. They are all different sizes and sound at different pitchs. Or maybe someone could post pics of them here. hint hint  

`Kel`
Captain

Thepolymathwriter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:27 am
Saxophones are extremly cool! I've recenly picked up the tenor since i wanted to join my schools jazz band and since i played flute i couldn't without learning another instrument. Sax was very easy to pick up due to the similar fingerings to the flute.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:09 pm
`Kel`
There are different sizes of saxophones. And just like there are names for different pitches of voices there are names for different pitches of some instruments. In voice the highest is called Soprano, then Alto, then Tenor, then the lowest is Bass (Baritone). There are four common sizes for saxophones. The most common size you see like in bands is the Alto Saxophone. Then the next biggest is the Tenor followed by the biggest which is the Bari (Baritone) Saxophone. The smallest is the Soprano Saxophone. You should look up images on the internet of them. They are all different sizes and sound at different pitchs. Or maybe someone could post pics of them here. hint hint
xD Your funny. ok. there.  

I Cosmo I

Aisai24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:16 pm
I've been wanting to learn as many instruments as possible, and a few months ago I started the alto sax. It's one of the funnest instruments! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:19 am
I just started alto a week ago, any advice to me?
I'm a senior and I started playing clarinet in 6th, then flute in 8th, then piccolo in 11th, and now just for fun I'm playing Alto! So far it's amazing! It wasn't hard to pick up--I'm already playing it at my church!! But there are still a few things that I have to learn, obviously. So any advice is welcome here!  

cuzwhit

Aisai24

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:36 pm
Really?! Haha...that's funny. I started to play the flute in the 4th grade, and this year I started playing the alto sax., guitar, and violin! I also play in my church. Advice...I just started learning but I guess I found some stuff out. I personally think the saxophone plays better when the reed is only semi-wet. Ya, my band director at school basically just gave it to me and I sorta had to figure it out by myself. You probably already knew that already though. Haha...  
Instruments and Vocals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff