Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Barely-Knowns

Back to Guilds

A guild for all who are just faces in the Gaia crowd. 

Tags: barely, known, unknown, chill, ninja 

Reply The Barely-Knowns
The Barely-Knowns: The Manga Series! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:37 pm
(Yeah, go with that pimp outfit, Kelti. I don't have the same outfit items anymore, including the lunar cloak, but I tektek it if you need it)

I honestly gotta go with Mea's idea. I was going to mention it, but I didn't know if you truly wanted to be Gaia-oriented. I personally prefer the real-life approach, and Mea and I drew up a ton of ideas about it when Narcissus planned a comic. Of course, he created his own plot, which I liked, but it didn't have any of the things we had formulated. So yeah, agreeing with Mea and let us know if you want to see what we outlined.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:21 am
I had an idea, I could be some english rockstar who was kind of popular but faded into obscurity, tries to restart some career but doesn't make it any further than BK, where I became a mod. Also, I'm a bit of a drinker, but loveable on the whole. Oh yeah, and I used to be married.

Avvy 1: Old school BK Avvy
User Image

Avvy 2: The Would-Be Jim Morrison Phase
User Image

Avvy 3: Just a general Avvy
User Image  

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Theodra

Amorous Bloodsucker

12,540 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:43 am
I know someone said we should
have a clubhouse or some kind
of secret place, which is sick..
or like a bar.

It could be the Black Behemoth
Tavern, named after our subforum.

AND I WANNA BE IN IT TOOO!
LIKE REAL BAD.

Events for my life could include:

.Me selling my ninja headband
for over one million gold and
getting rich.
.Me having some kind of romantic
adventure with anyone, because
that's always fun.
.Going to college or something.
.Me being a vampire after
Halloween.. for like ever.

Also, I'm a pretty funny person
and love to crack jokes. I could
be like... the silly comic relief
or the one who says, "YOUR MOM!"
or, "THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!"

Could also double as the starving
artist, since art is like my thing
and I'm going to college for it.

OH MANZ.
I know that this may not be like
a cool idea, but when the BK
first came around we had all
that drama with the A.G.E.
If it's okay with everyone who
was involved in that drama,
it could be kind of the back-
story to why the BK started.

Old School:
User Image

Normal:
User Image

Fancy:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:03 am
Hooray! More replies!

@Nu: The English rockstar totally sounds like you. I can definitely add in the temporary marriage thing as well. In fact, your character reminds me a lot like Charlie from Lost, minus the drug abuse. What can get better than a former rockstar? =D

@Theodra: The Black Behemoth Tavern as a hangout place is a great idea. I'd love to feature that. And of course you're being in it! Why wouldn't you be? Also, great character ideas, too. I can see you as providing the comic relief with your randomness.

As for the AGE idea, I'm going to sit on that one for a bit. I'm not sure how everyone else will feel about it. I could probably suggest that they were involved with getting the BK started, but not go into too much detail because I still think there's several of us that still have bad feelings toward the guild. But that will be up to you guys whether or not you want them included.

@Mea&Reeves: I would be more than happy to hear your suggestions. In fact, I'm starting to really like twisting in the real-life idea. I initally wanted to have it strictly Gaia-oriented, but I think with some real life aspects I can do a lot more with a plot and character development. The fact that you thought about it and came up with loads of ideas makes me all fuzzy.

Okaybacktoediting.  

Kelti

Green Combatant

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:00 am
All right, well, Mea is the one who has that file with the ideas, and she's been updating it to fit the new group of characters. I think the best thing to do would be to PM her so you both can figure out how the file can be sent.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:05 am
Reeves
All right, well, Mea is the one who has that file with the ideas, and she's been updating it to fit the new group of characters. I think the best thing to do would be to PM her so you both can figure out how the file can be sent.
Awesome. I shall do that.

*Is excited to hear the ideas*  

Kelti

Green Combatant

Meacorme
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:14 am
Kelti
Reeves

Sent!
I didn't put Theodra on the list of users, but she's in a lot of ideas (EDIT: and was my character's roomie!) so...she's in. I just forgot to put her on there because I sent it before I saw her request to be in it.
Some are good, some are lame, but you'll get the idea of the whole "real life" thing.

As for my character, I'm thinking the whole "struggling actress/singer who is currently working in a music store" plot. This can bring some complications and reflects my real life quite a bit. Also, my character should usually be pretty happy and optimistic, which would make it a lot scarier when she breaks down and gets sad at times...the other characters wouldn't see it coming.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:21 am
Meacorme
Kelti
Reeves

Sent!
I didn't put Theodra on the list of users, but she's in a lot of ideas, so...she's in. I just forgot to put her on there because I sent it before I saw her request to be in it.
Some are good, some are lame, but you'll get the idea of the whole "real life" thing.

As for my character, I'm thinking the whole "struggling actress/singer who is currently working in a music store" plot. This can bring some complications and reflects my real life quite a bit. Also, my character should usually be pretty happy and optimistic, which would make it a lot scarier when she breaks down and gets sad at times...the other characters wouldn't see it coming.

Well, in that case, I am a musician and a writer. So if that's incorporated into my character as a whole as well, it could make it a little more interesting. After all, in the real life version we drew up, Reeves is an insane rocker, though twice as insane of a rocker as I really am. The whole poetry contest could be altered into a poetry slam at the tavern, therefore bringing out Reeves's infamous poetic side.  

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

cheesy nipples

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:20 pm
Kelti, just use the avi I got now. This is the one I use most I think. I can't actually remember the other outfits I had.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:31 pm
This is shaping up to be pretty awesome so far.

Also, I have to agree with Vio in a way; a Treehouse being fit into it somehow would be ******** sweet.

If we're all going to give a personality/career base for you to use,
Then I'd say that mine would be the bitterly sardonic person in the room at the end of the hall
whom everyone avoids because I speak to myself in British when I'm alone.
And I have Bape Cow always. Which would disconcert at least a little, I'm sure.

And it's noisy because I'm always drumming on things.
Also, when not drumming (or reading or verbalizing my British inner monologue), I should be sleeping.
18 hours out of the day!

And finally, I was curious as to whether you're planning to draw and color these on paper,
then scan that in, or draw and scan in to color in PS, or perhaps using a tablet to do it all in PS in the first place?
O:

The Doom Merchant

Meacorme
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:57 pm
Haha, I kind of want a romance...but no idea who with. xD
I'm really excited for this! Yay!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:32 pm
I think it goes without saying that I'll be the token gay guy (Not stereotypically feminine, of course, or I'd have to kill you all.) who despite his party-monster lifestyle and extremely dry sense of humor is very level headed and (selectively) logical. I'll be (obviously) completely obsessed with rock music (ALWAYS listening to music.) and muscley-guys. (Like, you could throw in my secret crush on The Almighty Bobo... None of you know about that, by the way. > .>;; )

Also, another one of the few gay stereotypes I fulfill: Compulsive shopping. (Will spend mass amounts of gold shopping in every store except the MTV one. It disgusts me.)

A few favorite bands:
Marilyn Manson
The Used
My Chemical Romance
Fall Out Boy
Rise Against
From First to Last
Norma Jean
Atreyu

My Daily Soundtrack thread could be an open-mic night at the coffee shop. My character also plays rhythm guitar/sings (Either/or) for a band that Reeves and I started, whose name is yet to be decided. (Maybe it could be called The Daily Soundtrack. :000)

Also, Rage Against the Couch and I go try out for an action/adventure love story about mutant turkeys, and we scare the director into hiring us for the two main characters. : ]

Maybe I dream that I died and went to heaven? Or maybe it's just a halloween costume.
User Image

I randomly feel like dressing up like the God of Rock sometimes
User Image

Indie Rocker:
User Image

Rocker 1:
User Image

Rocker 2:
User Image

I turn into this when someone says, "That's gay." The outfit generally confuses the victim.
User Image

IDEA!: As for Nips' character development, you could put into the plot his almost seemingly endless stream of bad luck that he had about a year back. :B  

NogginDew

Business Werewolf

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:03 am
Kelti
@Nu: The English rockstar totally sounds like you. I can definitely add in the temporary marriage thing as well. In fact, your character reminds me a lot like Charlie from Lost, minus the drug abuse. What can get better than a former rockstar? =D

Yeah, I was just thinking that before I read it xp and as a character, the failed rockstar thing is waaaaay more interesting.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:04 am
Yay! More responses!

@Doomy: I like the treehouse idea as well. I'll need to incorporate that into the manga somehow. I don't know if it will be "the" guild, but I'll think of something.

Baha. Always sleeping or making noise. XD

As for the pages, I will be drawing all of them by hand in my new sketchbook. After each completed page I'll be scanning them. As for coloring them, I'm not too sure yet because doing it on PS will take a lot of work, and my scanner doesn't provide the highest quality scans for color. sweatdrop

Unfortunately I'm too cheap for a tablet, unless you count the finger pad on my laptop a tablet. XD

@Noggin: A secret crush, eh? o: Would you prefer it to be a non-BKer than a BKer? It's fine either way, your preference. ^^

LOL @ the turkey event. That would be a great event.

And I'll make sure not to make you feminine. I have a friend in RL who is gay but is rather feminine, so if ever I draw you doing/saying something I'll make sure it doesn't sound too much like my friend. If it does, then that tells me I need to revise it.

@Nu: Rocker rocker rocker rocker rocker rocker rocker rocker rocker rocker rocker rocker FAILURE FAILURE Booooooze, it's booooze, it's the booooze!!

[/lame Badger parody]  

Kelti

Green Combatant

Theodra

Amorous Bloodsucker

12,540 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:11 am
This is so awesome!
Kelti you make me really