Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Barely-Knowns

Back to Guilds

A guild for all who are just faces in the Gaia crowd. 

Tags: barely, known, unknown, chill, ninja 

Reply The Barely-Knowns
The Barely-Knowns: The Manga Series! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kelti

Green Combatant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:18 am
Update 8/11:
Vio, I need your "normal" avatar(s) because you're making your debut in the 2nd chapter, and right now you're a blank person! gonk

Update 8/5:
Everyone who hasn't already, post your avatar with a formal outfit. I've decided that there will more than likely be a formal occasion. Even if there isn't, post them anyway just in case I decide to use them.

Okayso.

Yesterday I bought myself three new sketchbooks since I'm almost done filling up my other one. The three came in a pack and are all different sizes.

I want to use the biggest one (Which is 11 x 14) to create a manga starring... YOU GUYS.

But I can't do it on my own. I'll need your help for sure. Just leave all the drawing to me.

What exactly do I need help with? There's quite a bit of things:

- A plot. Such as how the BK got started and what goes on from there. I want to be as accurate as possible. Throw out some major events that happened in the BK that impacted you and the guild. Events can range from contests to something personally happening to a user (i.e. Kelti's modship or Nips getting hacked). And yes, I will most definitely put in the Love Samurai and the Christmas Ninja. Be sure to include ANY SECRET ROMANCES OMG!!11one

- The world. With that said, there's no internet involved in the manga. The BK will have to be Lanzer's mom's basement or some super-secret hideout like the Bat cave. The threads will be random conversation or posted on the bulletin board (i.e. The rules and upcoming contests). The actual forums themselves I'm thinking will be buildings or something. But if you have better ideas, throw them out. The more ideas, the better possibilities that can get tossed around.

- You guys. Your avatars will be the people themselves. Meaning you'll need to put together 1-3 avatars that will be used throughout the entire manga. It's good to have several ideas, especially since our avatars changed overtime as the BK grew. If a personal event happened to you that caused an avatar change, throw that in there, too.

- Chapters. I'm thinking that for each "chapter" in the manga it will focus on one BKer. Similar to the Lost series, how it focuses on each person so we can learn more about them. Chapter 1 will probably be how the BK got started, and will go from there. If you guys decide to go with this idea, then name at least 2 events that happened in the BK that revolved around you. It can also be just thread, too. (i.e. I remember Ribbish making a thread that he was going to try out Canadian Idol. I could do a chapter of him trying out for Gaia Idol or something)

That's just a few things. I'll add more as I think of them.

Leave me the next post to sort out my ideas please.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:36 am
Ideas and Stuff

Here I will organize several ideas to put in the manga so it's more interactive and less internet. I'll also put in avatars, too. If you post yours, I'll edit them in the first post. Note that these ideas are NOT set-in-stone.

Plot ideas:
- Chapters could be some story told by a character to everyone else at the bar.
- Have our characters have careers and lives within the Gaia world...and make it like real life, only in Gaia. They can stay in an apartment, have relationships, have events, etc. (i.e. Mea could be a musician, actress, or teacher and room with another BKer. Kelti could be an artist.) Then plots and conflicts could come from that and relationships while adding Gaian aspects in.
- Add in the AGE drama to help emphasize how the BK got started as a backstory

Internet-to-Manga conversion ideas:
- Forums will be buildings in a strip-mall type fashion. Depending upon the forum the building will be tidy or in need of a renovation (Like the GD will always be a mess, for instance)
- The guild will actually be in someone's attic, basement, living room, whatever. Kinda like a fort for us to chill at.
- Moderators will wear badges, similar to sheriffs or police officers. They occasionally walk in the "forums" to sort out conflicts or start up their own conversations
- Being "hacked" or "scammed" won't make the user go naked. Instead they'll have passwords to get into their wardrobe, and if someone knows it then they can take their stuff right then and there. The wardrobes will be in the user's house, of course.
- Threads will be conversation among a group of users while the rules will be posted on bulletin boards.
- Discussions would be small gatherings of BKers in dorm rooms, where the conversations happen there. (i.e. Nips, Lordy, Noggin and Ribbish are sitting in one of the dorms playing video games and start a topic about Halo, or SSB)
- Gaia could be like one huge city, with each forum being a different part of town. Barton and the other cities would be the boroughs.
- Hacking could be a theft, and a moderator could be a detective or law enforcer.

BK ideas: What will the BK look like?
- BK is some sort of night school. Different classes for each topic, with people wandering in and out as they appear in the threads.
- Coffee shop setting. BKers meet up for a coffee and have the discussions over a cup. Or a bar. With other BKers around. Plus in a bar setting, if someone comes in the topic late, or leaves half way through, you could make it as though they've gone to play pool, or get a round of drinks.
- The BK is a Private School we go to, including a cafeteria, library, dorm rooms, meeting hall. And if you get stuck on a character, just stick them in class for the day.
- The BK is one big clubhouse or a treehouse with a password
- BK could be an apartment complex
- The Black Behemoth could be the name of the tavern/hangout place where the BKers meet.

BK event ideas:
- Poetry contest
- Christmas Ninja and Love Samurai.
- The poetry contest is actually a poetry slam taken place at the Black Behemoth Tavern
- The Love Samurai makes its debut in a conversation between Theodra and Ribbish

Character event/personality ideas:
Kelti: Becomes a mod, initially excited, then gets worn down/stressed. Seeks support from BK. At times she doesn't visit the BK due to being busy. Eventually she leaves BK indefinitely after giving up her modship and returns later on in the manga as a brainwashed spin-off of the Joker.

Ribbish: 1) Decides to participate in Gaia Idol and practices hours on end to get ready. If loses, he gets despressed until someone cheers him up. If he wins, he needs to be brought back to reality. 2) Also does odd jobs to obtain Angelic Scarf to realize it's been sold out. A fellow BKer decides to let him borrow one in the end.

Meacorme: A struggling actress/singer who is currently working in a music store. She is usually pretty happy and optimistic, which would make it a lot scarier when she breaks down and gets sad at times...the other characters wouldn't see it coming. Also shares a romantic relationship with a fellow BKer.

Nips: Gets hacked and spends most of his time re-gaining the items he lost, occasionally borrowing from fellow BKers. In the end he receives his items back shortly after becoming a mod in the BK. At times he also has streaks of bad luck.

Awesome O`Brien: Crazy scientist who comes up with a brilliant idea to clone a rock star after successfully cloning other famous celebrities (That being the gimmick avatars). Eventually Brien decides to try and clone a fellow BKer, but ends up turning them into an animal (Use of the Summoning tomes here), and gets into another similar accident with a baby dragon.

Reeves: Has occasional flashbacks to how the BK started, often at times feeling remorse and lets the events leading up to the guild's creation become bothersome. Support from fellow BKers assure him that what he did was the right decision. Also a musician and writer, an insane one, at that.

Nu Lucrezia: Was an english rockstar who was kind of popular but faded into obscurity, tries to restart some career but doesn't make it any further than BK, where he becomes a mod. Also a bit of a drinker, but loveable on the whole. Also used to be married. He is also a part of the music craze with Reeves, Ribbish, and Noggin.

Theodra: Sells her Ninja Headband for over one million gold and suddenly becomes rich. Usually has romantic adventures for the fun aspect. Goes to college despite being a vampire. Will serve as the comic relief character with random interjections like "Your Mom!" or "That's what she said!"

The Doom Merchant: A bitterly sardonic person who isolates himself from the other BKers. Often talks to himself in a British accent when alone to his beloved Bape Cow. As his lifestyle, he usually is either banging on things or sleeping.

NogginDew: As the non-feminine gay Gaian, he is always listening to music, even when he's sleeping or out partying. He has an obsession with rock music, shopping for clothes and muscley guys. Every night at the coffee shop he plays the Daily Soundtrack, in which he plays musical rhythms on his guitar with Reeves, later forming a band. He and Rage also try out for a movie about mutant turkeys and scare the director into making them the two main characters.

Violaceous Vertigo: Believes that there's a legendary Solid Purple Donation Item that exists in Gaia. She goes out to search for it despite what others say, since she has nothing else to do and already has all the purple items known in Gaia.

Du Eld Vrangr: The type to wander, disappearing randomly for even more random lengths of time. He writes backwards a lot because he's left handed (and because it's fun).

Ribbish:
User ImageUser Image

Awesome O`Brien:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

The Doom Merchant:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

**Note of items that are always equipped:
Mythrill Halo
Horns of the Demon (Full)
Dark Halo (tail)
Lovely Genie Double Silver Earrings
Bape Cow
OMG at times

**Note of other important things:
- Grombie or pale white base. Maybe Lava form if Doomy gets mad xd
- Hair color changes
- Ties and suspenders

Reeves:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Kelti:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Meacorme:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Nu Lucrezia:

Nips:
User Image

Theodra:
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

NogginDew:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Marius`:
User Image

Valarouko:
User Image

Du Eld Vrangr:
User ImageUser Image

Moose Lord:

nukuuuu:
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

h3rsh:
User Image

Violaceous Vertigo:
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Saurciriel:
User Image
User Image
User Image  

Kelti

Green Combatant

Ribbish

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:17 am
For the Internet to Manga conversion, you could always make it some sort of Private School we go to. That would pretty much cover most of it, Cafeteria, library, dorm rooms, meeting hall. And if you get stuck on a character, just stick them in class for the day. Not to mention, you could have small gatherings of BKers in dorm rooms, where the conversations happen there, like lets say Nips, Lordy, Noggin and I are sitting in one of the dorms playing video games, we could start a topic about Halo, or SSB.

Yeah! Gaia Idol! You could have me practicing, leading up to the contest, entering the contest, losing, and getting depressed until someone else cheers me up. Or you could have me win and act all high and mighty until someone drags my head out of the clouds.

Another Idea would be to have me running all over town, doing odd jobs for people to work up cash for my Angelic Scarf, only to find out that the store I want to buy it from is sold out (AKA Inflated)

As for my Avatars:

Casual (With or without cowboy hat):
User Image

Formal (Incase of some fancy event):
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:05 pm
You could make it some sort of night school. different class for each topic, with people wondering in and out as they appear in the threads.

Or like a coffee shop setting. BKers meet up for a coffee and have the discussions over a cup. Or a bar. With other BKers around. Plus in a bar setting, if someone comes in the topic late, or leaves half way through, you could make it as though they've gone to play pool, or get a round of drinks.

I suppose for character events for my, it would be, as you say the hacking for one, and for the other, maybe being made a mod in here. I dunno actually.

Avatars. I've only ever had the one I think, I don't change it very often do I? xp I suppose that makes it a little easier for you maybe?

cheesy nipples

Nu Lucrezia

Desirable Grabber

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:14 pm
I guess the best way to start would be the creation of the BK and all of us gradually coming together, and that could include me and Nips being brought in from Eng-Land to wherever this story will be set...and after typing that, I just realised you pretty much said that already
sweatdrop

And as for avatars, I'll have to give it a think, 'cause mine tend to all be the same.

I guess my character would kind of always be in the background and just pop up when he sees fit  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:36 pm
Odd ideas:

-Nips beat me to the bar idea.
-Chapters could be some story told by a character to everyone else at the bar.
-Gaia could be like one huge city, with each forum being a different part of town.

Character idea:

Because I'm a pretty boring person irl, I was thinking I should come up with a semi-exciting character with completely fictional stories. I could probably be some crazy scientist who decides to clone a rock star just to see if it can be done (kinda like how I made a few gimmick accounts here). Another experiment could end with a freak accident involving a baby dragon.

Before accident:
User Image

After:
User Image

Idolatrine

O.G. Firestarter

22,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Kelti

Green Combatant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:46 pm
Thanks for your inputs so far! All your ideas are wonderful. I edited them into the second post and rephrased them a bit.

@Nips: The coffee shop setting is great. It reminds me of Friends quite a lot. Perhaps we could pull something off like that? o:

That is true you don't change your avatar much. xD But there are several outfits I remember you having, such as the one with your old old maroon hair, Pitchfork, High school long coat, etc. Or would you prefer I use your current one?

@Nu: Everyone in the BK will get their spotlight. So no background character-ness for y0uz! >:U If you think of something, let me know.

@Ribbish: Sounds like I've got you all set for the most part. =D I like the Private School idea, too! More than one setting would be great. I espeically like meeting in the dorms for discussion.

@Brien: I like the city idea a lot. :O Would you still want to include Barton, Durem, Gambino, and Aekea with specific forums in each, or just make it one city? And the scientist idea is great. It would definitely add some spice to the manga for sure.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:48 pm
WELL. Let's see here. First off, sounds like an awesome idea, and if you follow through with it, I know I won't be the only person excited to see what comes of it.

And now:
The two longest hairstyles I had were the original Bedhead, violently purple and the Amore in a butterscotch-y color.

After that, for a very long time I changed my hair color nearly weekly, keeping it to the newer Bedhead style. The most common colors I used will be below.

Aaaand after that, I went to the style and color I have now, which I probably won't be changing for awhile.

CHART!:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What I'd say you should do about the hair color if you want to show process would be to have the first two for the first few, and then for awhile just have my hair color inexplicably change from frame-to-frame before finally, eventually, settling on how it is now.

Otherwise, feel free to just use what it is now. No process needed!

Outfitwise, the only constants I would say are "necessary" would be;

Constant Horns of the Demon, long version. No matter what I'm wearing. I always wear my horns. : P

Same with the Dark Halo in the Dark Tail form. I'M A STEREOTYPE

The "Lovely Genie Double Silver Earrings". Not sure why, but I always got 'em.

Mythrill Halo.

ALWAYS have a Bape Cow either with me or in my vicinity. Perhaps following me?
Since it came out, I have never had an ava without having a Bape Cow. I can't help it.
I love it! D: Even now I have one under the Der Kuss.

An occasional OMG, because while I don't wear it so much anymore, I used to wear it with everything. Optional! O:

And finally, the issue of Bases.
Since it happened, I've been Stage One Grombie, which is how I plan to stay. However, I also often (perhaps too often) use the Superior Form-Lava.
But, to make things easier and simpler, I would say it would probably be hard to draw the Lava one; feel free to omit it.

Grombie Stage 1 or the completely white (pale as death!) TekTek base should be used; which one you want is up to you!

Also, I have a bad habit of constantly wearing ties and/or suspenders. Do what you'd like with that. : P

Really, I think it would be impossibly difficult to me pinpoint a specific outfit.
I use such ridiculously different outfits so often that the only constants are those above. > .o

What I am now, just for reference!:

The only advice I could give would be to observe what I wear whenever I change my ava, and decide yourself (using TekTek, probably) what you want it to look like.
You're the artist!

SUMMARY:
CONSTANTS:
MYTHRILL HALO
HORNS OF THE DEMON [FULL]
DARK HALO [DARK TAIL]
LOVELY GENIE DOUBLE SILVER EARRINGS
BAPE COW [NOT NECESSARILY ON ME, BUT AT LEAST NEAR ME AT ALL TIMES]

EXAMPLE OF OUTFIT:

Fill in the blanks as you find appropriate! :'D
Just be sure to keep with my habit of emulating a near-solid palette of grey/black. dramallama

I might make a seperate post later detailing IMPORTANT EVENTS that occurred in my life during my Gaia tenure for my ava or something, if you want those kinds of things?
Also, I have to note the possible humor that will be had in Reeves' and my own situations, since we both have male avas.
HMM.

/longpost

The Doom Merchant

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:01 pm
Oh, man, I leave for a couple days and miss out on this?! Crazy.

Anyway, I think it's an awesome idea and love the ideas thrown out there. I, personally, would love my character to go through flashback mode about how she created the guild (or he, in the comic) or something like that. As for bases, I really don't mind how you make my avi look, so long as it's kind of a grungy rock look with the hair and clothes and such. Be freestyle with it. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:16 pm
Yay more replies!

@Doom: I will most definitely take your avatar into account when I draw you. I'll probably use most/all the hairstyles when needed. I've got an idea for the Superior Form, though, so I might use it, too.

And I will more than likely follow up on this. If I don't, I'll force myself to. =D Or you guys will. Besides, I want to take on the challenge of making a manga. A complete one at that.

@Reeves: The flashback will be a good character idea for sure. I'll mess with that idea a bit. For the avatars how does the Pimp avatar for the earlier outfit sound? I'll definitely put in the Rocker one as well. But I don't quite remember what was equipped on those avatars, so I'll need you to TekTek them for me if it's not an issue. ^^;;

*Continues editing*  

Kelti

Green Combatant

Violaceous Vertigo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:15 pm
<3
<3
<3
<3
<3
<3

...I dunno, I've always thought of BK as one big club-house.
A big club tree-house. With a password. xd

Also, I don't think I could ever come up with one outfit for a comic. I'll see if I can find one or two (or five) that look similar. (I'll do that later) Basically they all have this skin tone and hair style though, so it won't be that hard.

I'll post more when I think of more. n_n

<3
<3
<3
<3
<3
<3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:46 pm
Kelti
@Brien: I like the city idea a lot. :O Would you still want to include Barton, Durem, Gambino, and Aekea with specific forums in each, or just make it one city? And the scientist idea is great. It would definitely add some spice to the manga for sure.

Oh snap something just came to me.

Gaia can be like a big city, and Barton and other towns can be like its boroughs.

Also, I noticed that I forgot to add an actual shirt to the pre-accident avatar.

Idolatrine

O.G. Firestarter

22,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Reeves
Captain

Dapper Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:00 pm
Kelti
Yay more replies!

@Doom: I will most definitely take your avatar into account when I draw you. I'll probably use most/all the hairstyles when needed. I've got an idea for the Superior Form, though, so I might use it, too.

And I will more than likely follow up on this. If I don't, I'll force myself to. =D Or you guys will. Besides, I want to take on the challenge of making a manga. A complete one at that.

@Reeves: The flashback will be a good character idea for sure. I'll mess with that idea a bit. For the avatars how does the Pimp avatar for the earlier outfit sound? I'll definitely put in the Rocker one as well. But I don't quite remember what was equipped on those avatars, so I'll need you to TekTek them for me if it's not an issue. ^^;;

*Continues editing*

I can't quite remember, either, actually. xd Again, as long as it involves the standard stuff, it doesn't matter what else is on there.

EDIT: While the rocker outfit is basically the rocker set with demon horns, this was the new and improved pimp outfit. I was going to look at the drawing you made of us for reference, but it appears to be gone. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:52 pm
Reeves
Kelti
Yay more replies!

*Continues editing*

I can't quite remember, either, actually. xd Again, as long as it involves the standard stuff, it doesn't matter what else is on there.

EDIT: While the rocker outfit is basically the rocker set with demon horns, this was the new and improved pimp outfit. I was going to look at the drawing you made of us for reference, but it appears to be gone. sad
User Image

Found it. biggrin  

Kelti

Green Combatant

Meacorme
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:32 pm
PICK ME!!! PLEASE! (Would love to be a star in this comic and is a major attention whore, haha)

As for plot...I was thinking maybe to have our characters have careers and lives within the Gaia world...and make it like real life, only in Gaia. That way, you don't have to just limit it to very technical Gaia aspects. You could have them stay in an apartment, have relationships, have events, etc. For instance, my character Mea could be a musician, actress, or teacher and room with another BKer. And you could be an artist. Then plots and conflicts could come from that and relationships while adding Gaian aspects in. Hacking could be a theft, and a moderator could be a detective or law enforcer. I know you addressed this idea somewhat in your ideas post, but if you expanded on it, and made it very "real life", I think it could be fun.

...But that's just my idea...

Reeves and I came up with a ton of comic ideas when entertaining the notion of having the BK be an apartment complex. Let us know if you'd like to see them! biggrin

User Image
^This could be my work outfit.
User Image
^Gaia ish?
User Image
^Casual.

If I need a formal one, let me know.

The Barely-Knowns

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash