Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:51 pm
I dunno how many characters are being used. I would assume enough to be able to use the language...

Also, I guess that they are not supposed to be pronounced. Otherwise we might as well just call this a new conlang as opposed to what I consider it to be: A Germanic language cypher.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please Lysse.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:16 pm
If you read all the post and try to understand what I'm writing you would understand that this is a language based on Germanic languages; in other words, everything should be pronounced in any Germanic language.

There is no current number of the characters in use, but they will probably be around 2000 high frequent ones like in the other languages based on Chinese characters.  

Lysse

MiasmaMoon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:01 pm
Ah, I get it! surprised

You used the original Chinese symbol for "person" and converted it into the form that it's usually found in in other Chinese symbols. The numbers are the persons. Then, an extra mark is added above the "person" symbol to indicate a second person (or a third leg! xd ) and these become the plural pronouns.

Neat idea. wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:56 am
That's it! :3 Thank you.

Right now I'm actually trying to use this written language as much as possible to encounter difficult parts of it. So I'll write here again when I've realised something critical.  

Lysse

PAnZuRiEL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:58 am
Has anyone thought of this yet? (can't be arsed backlogging)

Since there's no way you can get a 1-to-1 word correspondence between Germanic whatever and the Hanzi, why not try using characters to represent morphemes instead of words?

As an isolating language family, Chinese languages typically use one character/syllable per morpheme. So if you look at your Germanic words and divide them up into their constituent morphemes, you should be able to get pretty close to a 1-to-1 correspondence then.

Take for instance, the sentence: "Abstract concepts are intangible."

We have: [away].[drag] [concept].PLURAL [is] NEG.[touch].ABLE

...which renders the sentence with 8 Hanzi, maybe something like 离抽念々是不触会. You dig?  
The Constructed Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff