Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

People Counter
  +1
View Results

Psycopathic Lemon Tree

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:00 pm
Well from about the fourth series (I think), I've wondered why it has Parts of episodes with 'Phoebe' and under it it says Alyssa Milano. Then it goes 'Paige' with Rose McGowan under it, and lastly it has 'Piper' and it says,
Warner Brothers
And Holly Marie Combs as "Piper"

Does anyone know why they have that for Piper and no-one else?

P.S. Sorry if this doesn't belong here.

Edit: Another question I was wondering about (this may have been answered in a Charmed episode that I haven't seen.) Sometimes Piper and Phoebe (and maybe Prue, though I think it only comes into the show after she dies,) get to and leave magic school without the aid of a orber (Paige, Leo etc.)
Does anyone know how? Do they walk? Cast a spell?

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:10 am
Haha I had a feeling it would be about that from the title.
Here is something I found in an issue of Charmed Magazine and I posted on Shannen-doherty.net:

Question asked: "Why in the titles is only Holly's character referred to by name? It's starring Alyssa Milano, Rose McGowan and Holly Marie Combs as Piper"

Brad Kern's answer: "Well, that was a negotiated settlement for Holly after Shannen Doherty left the show. In contracts you always list the order of who's the first card, who's the second card, and who's the third card. Shannen, when she was on the show, had the first card. And on call sheets, which is what is used every day to let everyone know who is in what scenes the next day and what equipment is needed, each actor is given a number. Number one is usually given to the biggest star of the show. It used to be Shannen. Alyssa was two and Holly was three. When Shannen left the show, Alyssa moved up to number one and Holly, rightly, I think, was concerned that she'd be viewed as less than Alyssa, even though she was on the show back in the (original) pilot. So it was the kind of thing that agents get involved in on behalf of their clients, to negotiate a settlement that's amenable to everybody. In the main titles after Shannen left, Alyssa was first, but Holly's people wanted to make sure that she was given something, since she wouldn't be first, that looked a little bit better than being second. So they negotiated that and, "and Holly Marie Combs as Piper" to them meant that she was given more respect, I guess. Lawyers!"

And that is the reason according to Brad Kern.
I'm glad he mentioned Shannen was the biggest star of the show.  

me_is_kelly
Crew

Psycopathic Lemon Tree

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:33 pm
me_is_kelly
Haha I had a feeling it would be about that from the title.
Here is something I found in an issue of Charmed Magazine and I posted on Shannen-doherty.net:

Question asked: "Why in the titles is only Holly's character referred to by name? It's starring Alyssa Milano, Rose McGowan and Holly Marie Combs as Piper"

Brad Kern's answer: "Well, that was a negotiated settlement for Holly after Shannen Doherty left the show. In contracts you always list the order of who's the first card, who's the second card, and who's the third card. Shannen, when she was on the show, had the first card. And on call sheets, which is what is used every day to let everyone know who is in what scenes the next day and what equipment is needed, each actor is given a number. Number one is usually given to the biggest star of the show. It used to be Shannen. Alyssa was two and Holly was three. When Shannen left the show, Alyssa moved up to number one and Holly, rightly, I think, was concerned that she'd be viewed as less than Alyssa, even though she was on the show back in the (original) pilot. So it was the kind of thing that agents get involved in on behalf of their clients, to negotiate a settlement that's amenable to everybody. In the main titles after Shannen left, Alyssa was first, but Holly's people wanted to make sure that she was given something, since she wouldn't be first, that looked a little bit better than being second. So they negotiated that and, "and Holly Marie Combs as Piper" to them meant that she was given more respect, I guess. Lawyers!"

And that is the reason according to Brad Kern.
I'm glad he mentioned Shannen was the biggest star of the show.

Okay thinks a heap =]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:29 pm
You're welcome, as for your next question, the first time the magic school appeared in the show, a door appeared in the manor... on the staircase sort of. It never appeared again, but there are times that they've been seen using a potion to leave magic school. So I guess they either use a door, if it appears, use a potion or orb. Hope that helps.  

me_is_kelly
Crew

Trifkin Mossberry

8,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:57 am
me_is_kelly
You're welcome, as for your next question, the first time the magic school appeared in the show, a door appeared in the manor... on the staircase sort of. It never appeared again, but there are times that they've been seen using a potion to leave magic school. So I guess they either use a door, if it appears, use a potion or orb. Hope that helps.

Okay, thanks.
You've been a great help.
(I'm 'Psycopathic Lemon Tree' by the way, my other account was banned) =[

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:58 pm
As far is Charmed goes. Their are infact a few ways to get into Magic school... the first being the door that leads to magic school, which closes after the person enters magic school... I'm guessing to protect anyone else from getting to magic school. And then their is orbing, which was the main way of getting their. And then as shown in the finale of season 7 Leo, having now been a mortal was teleported from magic school to in front Daryl, with the aid of a potion or spell... which were kept in books at magic school as stated by Leo when Billie used a potion to get them to magic school and they need to get back home before the Source is revived.  

Ross Mohan

Blessed Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Kax Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:41 pm
ooohhhh  
Charmed Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff