Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:49 pm
I seem to have a ton of questions on here, sorry 'bout that. This time I was wondering, I have a whole ton of SoA. Not thousands, but enough that keeping up with RP is a little bit of a challenge. What I was wondering is, I have a friend who was looking to join in. And I have a SoA that I won in a thread game a while back who has exactly been RPed, I'm not even sure if he's certed yet. We were allowed to give the prizes away from the game, but I wanted to keep him then.

What I'm wondering is, would it be okay if I gave him to my friend now? If anyone knows anything about this, I'd appreciate it.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:46 pm
zephira738
I seem to have a ton of questions on here, sorry 'bout that. This time I was wondering, I have a whole ton of SoA. Not thousands, but enough that keeping up with RP is a little bit of a challenge. What I was wondering is, I have a friend who was looking to join in. And I have a SoA that I won in a thread game a while back who has exactly been RPed, I'm not even sure if he's certed yet. We were allowed to give the prizes away from the game, but I wanted to keep him then.

What I'm wondering is, would it be okay if I gave him to my friend now? If anyone knows anything about this, I'd appreciate it.

I'm pretty sure it's okay to give him away. o3o Two of my SoA were gifted to me by someone who'd won them in a raffle and a game. So I think it'd be cool. You just need to be sure to post for his new cert status/owner.  

Truth.Be.Told

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:09 am
Okay, thanks for helping <3  
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:20 pm
Hello, I'm new to SoA I only had a few questions really, but I thought this would be the proper place to introduce myself!
The Gaia I'm known as just Hatsuko, but you could call me Tsu if you like: it's more personal 3nodding

Presently I do not own an SoA of my own, but I heard as far as role play is considered, if this is so you could use say; a Zebra or Meerkat? Where or how would I go about accomplishing this? I would really like to become an advent role player here, because I haven't been apart of that community for sometime now. I miss it whee

Anyway, it is nice to meet everyone! The guild and the thread are just wonderful. Yesterday, I was going for a dice roll on a hyena I believe. I got so involved rolling the dice, I completely overlooked that someone had already won!

It's was funny and I thought I would share this with everybody xd lol. Some in the thread they cheered me on, one even sent me a pm, it was just comical hehe.  

Little Hatsuko

Romantic Flatterer

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Sergeant Sargent

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:42 pm
Little Hatsuko
Hello, I'm new to SoA I only had a few questions really, but I thought this would be the proper place to introduce myself!

Hi Hatsuko! smile If you want to introduce yourself the best way to do so is just stop by our shop's thread and engage in some conversation. You're sure to make some friends! Link.

Quote:
Presently I do not own an SoA of my own, but I heard as far as role play is considered, if this is so you could use say; a Zebra or Meerkat? Where or how would I go about accomplishing this?

This is true. However I tried doing this when I was new and I didn't get a lot of response. You could try getting a familiar (only 50k) or if you have the funds you could get a lion, cheetah, leopard, dog, ect (350k for adult). If you're strapped for funds your best bet is to check out the RP contests here or just hang out in the thread. A lot of newbies get cubs for gifts.

Oh, and you don't need to do anything to RP a zebra or a meerkat except create your character. They don't have official art and are free to play.  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:43 pm
I have a question about buying the familiars. I figured they would be a good way to start out here, but is the 60k the custom price, and we have to wait for a custom slot to open for a familiar, or do we need to wait for a flatsale to open up to get one?
Thanks.  

Mtorolite

Jikde Bonyac

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:49 pm
40k is the price for an adult familiar, I believe, and 60k for a baby. You can custom them from most custom events, unless the artists say otherwise. I don't see them go up for flatsale/contest much, but they probably do sometimes.

If you're strapped for cash, it's a good idea to enter RP contests, there's usually some going on here.  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:21 pm
Thank you!
I have another question about familiars. Are there any groups of familiars, or are they exclusively paired with a lion?  

Mtorolite

Jikde Bonyac

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:27 pm
Familiars are often paired with a "regular" SoA (lion, cheetah, etc), but they don't have to be, and there are also a few familiar-only groups, such as jackal packs and klipspringer herds. If you only have a familiar, you can join many prides/packs without a lion.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:27 pm
Alright, so I've done some research, but either it's not clicking or it's not there. 8'D

Sabra Knight and I plan to breed our couple sometime soon. Both of which have had flings in the past, and we've both taken cubs from them.

What I want to know is since there's only one custom slot availible for a hybrid breeding (their a leopard and a lion), would it be possible for one us to pay the regular price for a cub born into the litter to keep it?

Like, if there is five born and Sabra pays to keep cub #1 and I use the custom slot? I have a feeling thats a no go, but I'm not sure.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Kireiryuu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:02 pm
Painted: As far as I can tell by the rules, that is not possible. Paying to keep a regular cub in a breeding takes up a custom breeding slot. So since hybrids only have one slot, it would not be possible to do both. It's either one or the other.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:36 am
A'ight. Thats what I think, I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!  

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:54 pm
Painted: One could always buy one from the litter and the other could try for a cub via normal custom slots, though. :V  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:23 pm
I have some questions! :0
Is it possible to get a God multiple mortal forms? I've seen a god as a familiar, could you additionally get it as a normal lion or anything else?
Are mortal forms restricted to lions?  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:52 pm

I think so, because I know someone has a god that has an avian and a cheetah mortal form.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong. XD)

.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games