Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:53 am
Iris_virus
I think it's a no go as well. Everytime Dusty is asked about seer clarification the answer recieved is "a seer can only see past, present, or future events. Nothing else". So... I don't think so.

A seer could see an image of their friend running around in a dream, but I don't think a seer could transmit a message to another person.

Gods have no seer abilities, so I doubt they can directly influence a seer's visions.

They can, however, use telepathy. A lot of them whisper directly into mortals' minds, so that's shaky.

My Denial, for example, does that. And I think Bakuu, the nightmare god, can actualy alter mortal's dreams etc. So yah XD that might actualy work.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:17 pm
Can a familiar become bonded with a regular SOA that's owned by another person or vise versa? From your RPing experiance, do you think it's better to have your familiars bonded with an SOA of your own or another person's SOA?  

Sergeant Sargent

Shalom Kitty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:42 pm
Can you have a familiar, but not a regulaur SoA?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:47 pm
You can own a familiar without owning a regular SoA, they are completely separate, neither require the other.

If I recall correctly, I did once ask about familiars you don't own being certed as your own SoA's and it's OK so long as everybody has given permission. OOCly it makes no difference, it's still your familiar/SoA and their SoA/familiar. ICly it doesn't make much difference either, they don't have to be together 100% of the time. It's up to you.

Even if you can't technically get them certed together, there's no reason you can't pair them with someone else's SoA. It's not a permanent, irreversible kind of thing.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

GeekySweetie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:09 pm
This is probably a no brainer, but just to make sure I'm correct, in the thread in the plot recruitment forum, the thread for customing into existing litters. If your entry is chosen you would have to pay 250k still like a regular custom yes? Or have the parents' owners paid that fee? (doubtful but figured I'd ask smile ))  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:13 pm
Xeno: Custom cubs are 500k, just like the regular custom cub cost. Almost all the time the person wanting the custom pays for it, not the parents of the litter. The only time a custom is bought for another person is generally as a gift.  

Kireiryuu

GeekySweetie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:14 pm
smile That's what I thought but wanted to be sure. Thank you for clarification  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:10 am
Question: I have a lioness by Taejira that has joined a new pride... where should i post the update?  

Split Personality

Feline Wife

5,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:32 pm
Taejira-colored SoA cert changes are to be posted in Dust's certing thread 3nodding

Now here's one, where do we post for cert changes for Kisoni-colored SoA?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:01 pm
As a disclaimer before I state my case, this is not about me complaining that I have an overdue growth. I'm just curious as to how I can work around it, leaving our dutiful colorists to go at their own pace. I understand the workload they have right now and am not trying to pester anyone. I simply don't know what I can or cannot do.

Some background information:
I got Staajabu almost exactly a year ago (This is "proof" from my files of receiving him in March of last year (if you'll notice, Bele, the red girl, is already an adult)), and he has never grown. He was colored by Taejira, who is no longer with us. Not only was he already overdue when she left (he was also never certed), but his litter has either never been assigned to anyone to color, or the person to whom his litter was assigned never grew them. I recall discussing with the other owners of cubs in the litter and making sure that the litter was posted in the thread where all of Tae's old growths were to be assigned. I don't know what really happened, but whatever the case, he and his family hasn't grown in a year.

Now for my concerns:
I had planned for him to be involved with the Duma'Chama, a cheetah coalition, and to grow up there and eventually take a leading rank. Kieko and I had agreed to that. Now, after all this time that Jabu has been sitting on my hard drive with nothing to do, she has approached me again with an offer to join the Duma'Chama. I will need to do a joining rp for him to become official. However, at this point, the cub who started the coalition is actually an adult, though Jabu is technically older than him, but still on cub lines.
So my question was what I would be allowed to do to try and continue with this plot. Could I go ahead and rp him older and as an adult, because were it not for such a strange situation, he surely would be by now? Or should I continue to only rp him as a cub, and simply backlog the rp? Or should I rather keep him at an "imaginary" in-between stage, as not quite a cub or adult, but not exactly a juve or adol either? I'm not sure of what age to rp him as, and what kind of age range he should be associated with.

If anyone knows some way to help me understand what I should do for the time being, I'd be deeply grateful <33

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:38 pm
the litter -was- certed. I posted their info and they were certed (after tae left). They haven't grown because dust did not assign the litters that were on lineart that needed to be retemplated. When she gets them retemplated, then they will be assigned to someone and grown.

So far as I know, you cannot rp an SoA ahead a stage, so you can't rp him as being older while he's still a cub. You can rp backward, but not forward.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:08 pm
Thank you, I must have missed the posting of their certs.
And I can accept that, so thanks for informing me <3

fuKurohane

Profitable Prophet

4,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200

Roxy_Roxanna

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:16 pm
Question? If someone is given a customed cub as a gift, does that use up their 1 custom cub slot for the month? Or can they still purchase one for themselves?
A buys B a gift
can B still buy for themselves (B)?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:09 am
The custom cub counts against whoever is receiving the cub, not the person paying for it...unless they are the same person, of course.  

Kireiryuu

Inejwstine

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:21 pm
Hey all!
I'm currently questing for the God of Laughter! rofl For lineart edits, can he be drawn with a different body position or facial expression? I wanted him to have more of a comical expression.
You can check the link in my sig to see more specifically what I'm looking for if you like. 3nodding  
.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games