Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)
[CLASS] Goddesses Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Siren Stern

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:31 pm
CONNECTION TO AMATERASU

On a Sunday, get a mirror and show it to the Sun as long as it rises in the morning, saying:

"Amaterasu Omikami, light of the horizon, light of nature, shine in my mirror and show me my beauty"

You can take this mirror with you, as it was sacred by Amaterasu. It now may bless you with beauty, harmony and compassion.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:02 pm
hi, sorry to bother you, but I was once called an oathbreaking b***h on gaia for talking about goddesses in another forum. I'm not angry at you for talking about them, but why wasn't it ok for me, but ok for you? Much love  

virgo2591

MidnightLetter
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:25 am
Depends on what the context of the discussion was. If you were in the ED, or M & R, and were claiming to be Wiccan and discussing such things then they tend to call anyone who can't prove initiation/lineage oath breakers. Also if you are an initiated Wiccan, there are some things that fall into the oath bound category and if you were discussing some of those things, there are those that will call you on that as well.

Within this guild, I don't think there are actually any initiated Wiccans, as neo-pagans and witches, we are free to discuss pretty much whatever we want to as long as we do it with respect. The subject of Goddesses in general is not oath bound, specifics on the Lord and Lady of the Isles (the Wiccan God and Goddess) are oath bound, so that may have been the difference. Though if you were in the M & R, they are just as likely to call anyone who doesn't adhere to the "rules" of that particular forum an oath breaker.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:14 pm
Wow! I'm so glad I found this class! It is amazing!

I hope he's still doing this. :3

I tried the inner Goddess meditation and found it very fascinating! I can't wait to read all the posts and find out more!

Namikikyo

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:55 pm
Unfortunately he hasn't been on in a while. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:07 am
Just feel like saying, Venus is a mother as well(mother of Cupid). She's not a maiden in the strictest sense of the word. There are a lot of Greek/Roman Virgin goddesses. Artemis, Athena, even Hera has virgin shrines to her.

Hecate isn't exactly a crone either. But, she's closer to one than Venus is to a maiden. The ideal crone for me personally would be Rhea. She's generally shown as a matron, which is more like mother, but there are so many other mother Goddesses out there. But I'm new to Greek neopaganism, and I don't know all about Hecate or Rhea. I do know a little more about Venus, and she's not generally considered a virgin.  

Orchidsandfractals

surukio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:19 pm
On the Subject of Amateratsu Okami-san, its strange that (depending on if you hear it before or after Buddhist influance ) her brother were :
Tsukiyomi - trickster God of the moon[who is quite mischivious] and Susano - God of sea and storms [represented frequently as a dragon and/or as a strong male warrior with a horrible temper]

mind you some myths in japan have frequently been blended with Buddhism as untill Meji reconstruction, Buddhist prayed along side SHinto in the same shrines and temples after it had migrated to the ilse of Japan itself with the monks  
*~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff